Bill Parcells 11 commandments for QB | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bill Parcells 11 commandments for QB

jvw

Starter
Reaction score
I'm not sure if this was posted but it was done last year when Bill was talking about Romo. This will give us a good Idea what he looks for in the QB.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DMfXkMX0J-w

Its amazing how Romo's play went down when he stopped living by these rules.

Does anyone see anything on Bills list that makes you believe Beck couldn't be that guy?
I think Beck is every bit that guy, He's smart. humble, reserved, a gym rat, mature, grounded, passionate, focused...did I miss anything? If you go back to Becks career at BYU and the way he ran the offense and spoke in the locker room, it's not hard to see why he was though so highly of by guy's like Ron Jaworski and Chris Mortensen.

BTW, JP Losman was "rumored" to be of interest to the Dolphins this off season, I can't imagine Miami had any interest at all if you put JP next to Bills list. He fails on so may levels.....thank God!!

Does anyone see anything on Bills list that makes you believe Beck couldn't be that guy?

I do I DO!!!

What about #9?????? Listen again. Passing stats and passing TDs are NOT how you will be judged. Getting YOUR TEAM IN THE END ZONE is how YOU WILL BE JUDGED. So has Bill judged Beck? Beck couldnt get his team in the endzone in 4+ games. He finally did twice vs. the bungles cheerleaders in mop up/preseason like time. Hmmmmm. Makes me wonder.

And what about #10. Panic button. No matter what else is going on around you, (guys getting injured and you having a lack of superior talent, although despite what some Beck people say he did have pros out there. Guys did get paid to play) dont panic. And especially dont "get crazy with the cheeze whiz a.k.a Beck fumbling snaps for scores.

And oh yea....#4...Know your job cold. This is not a game without errors. KEEP YOURS TO A MINIMUM.

#7 and #8 also apply. #7 Throwing the ball away is a good play. SACKS, FUMBLES, and intereceptions are BAD plays. Dont have too many of those.

#8 talks about managing the game and being accurate.

Lots of those rules Beck did not have success following last year. Granted Bill didnt get here in time to give them to him before he played. But, Beck clearly missed on alot of those. ESPECIALLY #9

[/b]
I do I DO!!!

What about #9?????? Listen again. Passing stats and passing TDs are NOT how you will be judged. Getting YOUR TEAM IN THE END ZONE is how YOU WILL BE JUDGED. So has Bill judged Beck? Beck couldnt get his team in the endzone in 4+ games. He finally did twice vs. the bungles cheerleaders in mop up/preseason like time. Hmmmmm. Makes me wonder.

And what about #10. Panic button. No matter what else is going on around you, (guys getting injured and you having a lack of superior talent, although despite what some Beck people say he did have pros out there. Guys did get paid to play) dont panic. And especially dont "get crazy with the cheeze whiz a.k.a Beck fumbling snaps for scores.

And oh yea....#4...Know your job cold. This is not a game without errors. KEEP YOURS TO A MINIMUM.

#7 and #8 also apply. #7 Throwing the ball away is a good play. SACKS, FUMBLES, and intereceptions are BAD plays. Dont have too many of those.

#8 talks about managing the game and being accurate.

Lots of those rules Beck did not have success following last year. Granted Bill didnt get here in time to give them to him before he played. But, Beck clearly missed on alot of those. ESPECIALLY #9

First of all Beck was a rookie, 2nd Beck has already stated in the short time since all the coaching changes Becks already learned more then he did the entire year previous.

First of all Beck was a rookie, 2nd Beck has already stated in the short time since all the coaching changes Becks already learned more then he did the entire year previous.

Thats fine and all but, you simply asked does anyone see anything on Bills list that makes you think he cant be the guy. So I answered. #9 is obvious. He didnt lead his team to TDs. Several others werent fits with Beck's play either. So there ya go.

Quick with the excuses. You didnt even bother to realize how far away from satisfying those 11 commandments he was until I pointed out obvious ones he didnt fit SO FAR. Then right into the excuses.

And stating that he has learned more and proving he has learned more is a whole different story. Like the old saying goes.....Easier SAID than DONE. Or......SEEING is BELIEVING.....or my personal favorite.......

When life hands you LEMONS or Greens, or Culpeppers, or Feelys, or Fiedlers, or Frerottes, or BECKS...........................select Matt Ryan with your #1 overall pick.

Thats fine and all but, you simply asked does anyone see anything on Bills list that makes you think he cant be the guy. So I answered. #9 is obvious. He didnt lead his team to TDs. Several others werent fits with Beck's play either. So there ya go.

Do you honestly think BP expects everything to work out in a QB's first five games or everything thing there is to know about an NFL QB is evident in their first 5 games, on a team that was 1-15? I see all the things in Beck BP calls his 11 commandments based on his college career, his age and his Mormon lifestyle. His college career showed he could do everything Bill expects a QB to do during a game, his age and his Mormon lifestyle keep him grounded and humbled. He's also very smart.

If you wish to look at Becks five games as a Dolphin and believe Bill see's that as proof Beck is incapable of being a NFL QB or that he falls short of the list, well that's up to you. I believe BP understands Becks 5 games in 07 is hardly what you see is what you get. I think Bill was telling people what he thinks makes a successful QB and it was also what Bill thinks a successful veteran QB should be.

Do you honestly think BP expects everything to work out in a QB's first five games or everything thing there is to know about an NFL QB is evident in their first 5 games, on a team that was 1-15? I see all the things in Beck BP calls his 11 commandments based on his college career, his age and his Mormon lifestyle. His college career showed he could do everything Bill expects a QB to do during a game, his age and his Mormon lifestyle keep him grounded and humbled. He's also very smart.

If you wish to look at Becks five games as a Dolphin and believe Bill see's that as proof Beck is incapable of being a NFL QB or that he falls short of the list, well that's up to you. I believe BP understands Becks 5 games in 07 is hardly what you see is what you get. I think Bill was telling people what he thinks makes a successful QB and it was also what Bill thinks a successful veteran QB should be.

I agree with everything I bolded.

And no, I dont think Bill believes he will find everything he needs to know about a QB in his first 5 games as an NFL rookie. Nor do I. Just saying that so far Beck is A LONG WAY off from satisfying that list of 11. And you asked if there was any reason not to think Bill should believe he can fit those 11. So yea, there are plenty of reasons.

Also when you talk about seeing those 11 in his college career.........the Mountain Whack Conference is HARDLY the NFL. Big, BIG step up. Do it in the league and I will believe it. At least do it in the ACC, Big East, Big 12, Big 10, SEC, or Pac 10. Then it wouldnt be as much of a stretch, but still a stretch. Thats still college ball.

If Beck is a smart QB he will win the job. I beleive the physical tools are there. If he can throw the ball to who's suppose to get it, he will be fine. If he forces balls or decides who hes going to before the ball is snapped hes done. Belicheat especially will eat his lunch if he cant think after the ball is snapped. Its good to see him studying hard and watching film its only going to help him in the long run.

I agree with everything I bolded.

And no, I dont think Bill believes he will find everything he needs to know about a QB in his first 5 games as an NFL rookie. Nor do I. Just saying that so far Beck is A LONG WAY off from satisfying that list of 11. And you asked if there was any reason not to think Bill should believe he can fit those 11. So yea, there are plenty of reasons.

Also when you talk about seeing those 11 in his college career.........the Mountain Whack Conference is HARDLY the NFL. Big, BIG step up. Do it in the league and I will believe it. At least do it in the ACC, Big East, Big 12, Big 10, SEC, or Pac 10. Then it wouldnt be as much of a stretch, but still a stretch. Thats still college ball.

Wasn't the ACC one of the most weakest conferences last year?

Wasn't the ACC one of the most weakest conferences last year?

Well it was at least top 6. Always will be.

And as far as defenses go....NO. UM and FSU have maintained a steady flow of NFL talent on their defenses despite having down seasons lately. Va Tech was a strong overall team and their defense is near the top every year and produces several NFL prospects.

Just watch the NFL draft and then tell me the ACC was down talent wise. Clemson has some good players on D too. Come to think of it everyones favorite around here C.Long---ACC.

Anyways, are you seriously trying to have this discussion? Youre not wanting to compare the Mountain Whack Conference and their talent to the ACC are you?

Are you now going to say where a player plays college football will determine his ability to play at the pro level?

This is going nowhere, we just disagree.

Back
Top Bottom