Bill Parcells 11 commandments for QB | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bill Parcells 11 commandments for QB

BYU was 1-7 versus ranked teams so which big guys were you referring too.

They played these teams in 2005
Boston college L 3-20
notre dame L 23-49
California L 28-35

Arizona L 13-16
Boston college L 23-30

They did beat Oregon other non conferance power houses were Tulsa and Utah St. The previous year the only non coference team they beat was Eastern Illinois.

In fact out of conference versus BCS conferences if you include the Oregon game 1-5 in those two seasons

2005 BYU was breaking in their new offense, new HC, etc, and they ended 6-6. It wasn't a great year all around.

06, things really came together. They beat a #17 TCU and push then #23 BC to double overtime before losing.

BYU ends the season ranked 16th and 15th, respectively.
BC ended 06 20th and 20th.

Last year BC is 10th and 11th, respectively.
BYU is 14th and 14th.

Looks like, between the two teams, they pretty much wash. '06 was a great indication of how close these two teams are, considering their double overtime game IN BOSTON.

I've got a lot of respect for BC. It was great playing them. They're one of the "Eastern" teams I follow a little bit more than others, so it was good to see them play.

I like Ryan, as I've said many many times before. I just don't believe he's worth all the hype, and should be picked at #1. He's just not shown he's that much of an improvement over Beck.

If all you want to go on is Beck's first 3.3 games he played in for Miami, you're doing a real disservice. All of the arguments against Beck leave out all the other factors within the game. How many dropped balls did I see at critical times when Beck was in there? Many. Maybe you didn't, but I saw many drive killers left on the field due to bad receiving. Did Beck make mistakes? Sure. He was a flippin rookie. What can anyone expect?

And if anyone suggests that Ryan would have done more last year, given the SAME preparation, or lack thereof, they are truly blind.

Beck will be a fine QB, whether in Miami or somewhere else. Discredit his college career, fine. Discredit his talents, and all those experts who were high on him. Fine. Do whatever you can to prop up Ryan. Whatever.

We'll see when draft comes along. Til then, the banter is so enjoyable.

Back
Top Bottom