Bill Parcells 11 commandments for QB | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bill Parcells 11 commandments for QB

Are you now going to say where a player plays college football will determine his ability to play at the pro level?

No. I said its still just college ball. The NFL is a huge difference from any level of college ball. But, when a guy is playing a team with several NFL talents on the other side, its alot different from playing against teams with 1 or 2 at the most, if not none at all on the other side.

Well it was at least top 6. Always will be.

And as far as defenses go....NO. UM and FSU have maintained a steady flow of NFL talent on their defenses despite having down seasons lately. Va Tech was a strong overall team and their defense is near the top every year and produces several NFL prospects.

Just watch the NFL draft and then tell me the ACC was down talent wise. Clemson has some good players on D too. Come to think of it everyones favorite around here C.Long---ACC.

Anyways, are you seriously trying to have this discussion? Youre not wanting to compare the Mountain Whack Conference and their talent to the ACC are you?

Bro, I just find it disrespectful that you diminish the talent of a player because of what conference he is from. If going by conference meant anything, Joey Porter should have never had the career that he had, Marques Colston should be garbage, and we shouldn't even have to mention Demarcus Ware.

So many players, past and current, came from so called "small conferences", so it is rather senseless to diminish someone's performance because he didn't come from the BSC conferences.

the best chance to recover fast and matter again is beck developing fast,

Bro, I just find it disrespectful that you diminish the talent of a player because of what conference he is from. If going by conference meant anything, Joey Porter should have never had the career that he had, Marques Colston should be garbage, and we shouldn't even have to mention Demarcus Ware.

So many players, past and current, came from so called "small conferences", so it is rather senseless to diminish someone's performance because he didn't come from the BSC conferences.

I never said small conferences didnt have some elite players or that good players couldnt come from small conferences. There are tons of examples(JT, Rothleischoker, Rice, Steve Smith(MWC)) and thats just a start right off the top of my head.

Just dont even start to try and compare the talent level in the MWC to the ACC. Its not even close, especially on defense, and it never will be. You could make an elite NFL defense of players just off UM(even just in the last few years while they have been down) and thats just one of the ACCs teams. To compare, you would be lucky to field a weak NFL defense made up of players from the ENTIRE MWC over the last 5-6 years. Get real. The talent that Ryan faced in college compared to what Beck looked at is not even close.

the best chance to recover fast and matter again is beck developing fast,

If thats our best chance then dont expect anything good to happen for us soon. There are much better chances for us out there than relying on Beck to turn into a good QB in the next year or two.

not in the next year or two, this year, beck has this year, there is no peyton mannings in this draft, second round will give us another QB to develop, beck has to develop this offseason, if he does then it is a mute point

I never said small conferences didnt have some elite players or that good players couldnt come from small conferences. There are tons of examples(JT, Rothleischoker, Rice, Steve Smith(MWC)) and thats just a start right off the top of my head.

Just dont even start to try and compare the talent level in the MWC to the ACC. Its not even close, especially on defense, and it never will be. You could make an elite NFL defense of players just off UM(even just in the last few years while they have been down) and thats just one of the ACCs teams. To compare, you would be lucky to field a weak NFL defense made up of players from the ENTIRE MWC over the last 5-6 years. Get real. The talent that Ryan faced in college compared to what Beck looked at is not even close.

Who you play against has litt;e bearing to do with how will do in the NFL. If that was the case, than we could expect little of Matt Ryan, don't you think?

The point I was making about level of competition is that BYU has no peers in thier conference in talent level.

TCU and Utah are basically on level when it comes to talent to BYU.
SD ST also recruits at that level
After that there is a pretty big drop off
the rest of the conference averages about a 2 star recruit

Here are basic ratings of prospects from
Rivals for the last 6 years

Average recruit rating based on 1-5

BYU 2.45
Utah 2.36
TCU 2.43
SD St 2.39
New mexico 2.09
UNLV 2.14
Wyoming 2.10
Col St 2.13
Air Force 1.78

5 of the 9 teams in conference average about a 2 star recruit
with there being significant differance between the top 4 teams in recruiting and the bottom 5.

ACC
Florida st 3.60
Miami 3.49
Va Tech 2.91
Clemson 3.05
NC ST 2.79
boston college 2.83
Maryland 3.01
Virginia 2.96
North Carolina 2.85
Georgia Tech 3.06
Wake Forest 2.60
Duke 2.22

So as you can see quality of recruitwise the ACC 's worst team is in the middle of the Moutain west and every team but the bottom team has better recruits at least gradewise than any team in the MWC. Boston College is only ahead of Duke, Wake Forest and NC St in recruiting and well behind the upper tier teams that are averaging three star recruits.

First those rules are nice...but does any one doubt that Parcells would care less if they were followed...if the QB won games..especially playoff games? To me the most important one is throw the football away...and live for another play...thats the rule that all QB's have a hard time following...because it's human nature to make that throw...no matter what. The second most important is score points...thats why your there. How many times last season did the Dolphins drive down to the redzone..and fail to score TD's.

What a QB does in college has little meaning today what he can or will do in the NFL...just too many teams are using spread offense's...or have their QB's run as a weapon. When you find a pure passer...you better pick him up...because they are few in todays college game.

I agree with everything I bolded.

And no, I dont think Bill believes he will find everything he needs to know about a QB in his first 5 games as an NFL rookie. Nor do I. Just saying that so far Beck is A LONG WAY off from satisfying that list of 11. And you asked if there was any reason not to think Bill should believe he can fit those 11. So yea, there are plenty of reasons.

Also when you talk about seeing those 11 in his college career.........the Mountain Whack Conference is HARDLY the NFL. Big, BIG step up. Do it in the league and I will believe it. At least do it in the ACC, Big East, Big 12, Big 10, SEC, or Pac 10. Then it wouldnt be as much of a stretch, but still a stretch. Thats still college ball.

You do realize that Beck lit up the #1 Pac-10 Defense in the Vegas Bowl in '06, right? 38-8 was the final.

that includes always ranked teams like USC, UCLA, Cal, etc.

Yeah, BYU can hang with the big guys. By that token, none of the conferences you cite are "NFL calibur" either. It's a Big BIG step for all of them.

And I know you'll see my other post. In summary, Beck faced more top 25 Pass Defenses his Sr year than did Ryan. Nuthin but the truth. And 3 of those were from the "Mountain Whack Conference."

You do realize that Beck lit up the #1 Pac-10 Defense in the Vegas Bowl in '06, right? 38-8 was the final.

that includes always ranked teams like USC, UCLA, Cal, etc.

Yeah, BYU can hang with the big guys. By that token, none of the conferences you cite are "NFL calibur" either. It's a Big BIG step for all of them.

And I know you'll see my other post. In summary, Beck faced more top 25 Pass Defenses his Sr year than did Ryan. Nuthin but the truth. And 3 of those were from the "Mountain Whack Conference."

BYU was 1-7 versus ranked teams so which big guys were you referring too.

They played these teams in 2005
Boston college L 3-20
notre dame L 23-49
California L 28-35

Arizona L 13-16
Boston college L 23-30

They did beat Oregon other non conferance power houses were Tulsa and Utah St. The previous year the only non coference team they beat was Eastern Illinois.

In fact out of conference versus BCS conferences if you include the Oregon game 1-5 in those two seasons

Well, i suppose Eli should have been canned after his 1st 3 years as well ....

If Beck doesn't show improvement this year -- then I'd be worried, right now today ... if my choice is Beck or getting Ryan with the 1st pick ... I'd rather just hold what i have.

[/b]
I do I DO!!!

What about #9?????? Listen again. Passing stats and passing TDs are NOT how you will be judged. Getting YOUR TEAM IN THE END ZONE is how YOU WILL BE JUDGED. So has Bill judged Beck? Beck couldnt get his team in the endzone in 4+ games. He finally did twice vs. the bungles cheerleaders in mop up/preseason like time. Hmmmmm. Makes me wonder.

And what about #10. Panic button. No matter what else is going on around you, (guys getting injured and you having a lack of superior talent, although despite what some Beck people say he did have pros out there. Guys did get paid to play) dont panic. And especially dont "get crazy with the cheeze whiz a.k.a Beck fumbling snaps for scores.

And oh yea....#4...Know your job cold. This is not a game without errors. KEEP YOURS TO A MINIMUM.

#7 and #8 also apply. #7 Throwing the ball away is a good play. SACKS, FUMBLES, and intereceptions are BAD plays. Dont have too many of those.

#8 talks about managing the game and being accurate.

Lots of those rules Beck did not have success following last year. Granted Bill didnt get here in time to give them to him before he played. But, Beck clearly missed on alot of those. ESPECIALLY #9

Last time I checked the "Bungles" were an NFL team and I don't recall seeing their cheeleaders dressing out in pads. Let's dispense with your nonsense already.
Stop trying to put a negative spin on anything positive associated with Beck. Your posts are just getting dumber by the day.

to the guy who loves Matt Ryan... Matt Ryan is not worth the #1 overall, he may or may not be the best QB in this draft but that isn't saying much. He is not a sure fire player and his potential is only so high. at #1 we need an impact player with potential to become better like Chris or Jake Long

Only in this forum would so many waste so much time arguing with someone who has such an obvious man-crush on Matt Ryan, one look at his avatar, or his sig, and you should know common sense nor reality will not matter. His agenda is the only thing that matters, so why argue the point?

Back
Top Bottom