Bill Parcells is the man for taking on JT | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bill Parcells is the man for taking on JT

Finland

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I've been thinking about JT, and him walking in to the locker room and getting razzed for Dancing With the Stars. He will even think about it before he gets there likely. I've been thinking about him thinking about his past few months while he stands on the field in practice waiting for his rep or what ever. I've been thinking about how many conversations he will have about it with who knows who.

His distraction will linger on. Most top athletes have mental coaches, because of the impact even the slightest distraction can have on elite performance. No it might not matter to an average squad, but it would make the difference for champions.

Thanks Bill Parcells. Kick his butt some more.
I know its been covered, but I think this can be far bigger than some people think. You can't just write it off as, "he is a professional and will not be affected or affect those around him". The mental side is exactly what top athletes concern themselves with.

Bill is the man.

I think this has to remain on a professional level. This is not the season yet, and so far I can't see where any harm has been done. He can dance all he wants too during the off season. He wasn't required too be here for rookie mini camp. Until his actions hurt the team in some way BP should ignore all the fuss. Don't make it a personal vendetta thing about power or whatever. What will any of that gain for the team. Still don't know who too believe about JT wanting too be traded.

I think this has to remain on a professional level. This is not the season yet, and so far I can't see where any harm has been done. He can dance all he wants too during the off season. He wasn't required too be here for rookie mini camp. Until his actions hurt the team in some way BP should ignore all the fuss. Don't make it a personal vendetta thing about power or whatever. What will any of that gain for the team. Still don't know who too believe about JT wanting too be traded.

It is what I personally believe. Vendetta is the wrong word. Parcells is handling it right if he in fact being tough. What will he gain, a team that is focused if he sends the clear messages about expectations.

For a great team to win the superbowl they have to step it up another notch. There is no reason the fins couldn't step it up a notch too. JT is not giving his all to the team in many regards. Forget what he "himself" does. What is he doing to inspire those around him on the team. That is a team mate. That is real sacrifice.

I was happy we changed the guard with Zach, even though I hated it. I wish the same route for JT. It is time. I don't think I am much alone. This has done nothing for his football stock.

Way too much is being made of this whole offseason activity.

I've been thinking about JT, and him walking in to the locker room and getting razzed for Dancing With the Stars. He will even think about it before he gets there likely. I've been thinking about him thinking about his past few months while he stands on the field in practice waiting for his rep or what ever. I've been thinking about how many conversations he will have about it with who knows who.

His distraction will linger on. Most top athletes have mental coaches, because of the impact even the slightest distraction can have on elite performance. No it might not matter to an average squad, but it would make the difference for champions.

I know its been covered, but I think this can be far bigger than some people think. You can't just write it off as, "he is a professional and will not be affected or affect those around him". The mental side is exactly what top athletes concern themselves with.

Bill is the man.

Or he can just say to hell with it and retire. If he does that he won't have to worry about what Parcells says or does.

Bill is the man.
The razzing Taylor will receive from his teammates for his stint on Dancing with the Stars will all be lighthearted. His teammates have already been text messaging him and have put up pictures all around his locker. I think Rod Wright said last month in an interview that the players are having a lot of fun with this.

If there is any distraction from this, it will come from the fans and the media. As Coach Sparano said, "I it's been overblown."

Seriously, why should JT give a **** what Parcells thinks? JT is a future HOFer, he's missing some optional workouts and he's had more than his fill of rebuilding the team. The guy is all class cuz he should be in the press telling BP to go F*** himself.

Two words for anyone making fun of Jason Taylor- Edyta Sliwinska.

I want to see where you people will be when Parcells sticks it to us 3 years from now!

Seriously, why should JT give a **** what Parcells thinks? JT is a future HOFer, he's missing some optional workouts and he's had more than his fill of rebuilding the team. The guy is all class cuz he should be in the press telling BP to go F*** himself.

"HOF," are you joking? No way he makes it, not even close...

As far as "he's had more than his fill of rebuilding this team," that reflects the fact that he needs to move on...

The sooner Metro is elsewhere the better. We need hard-nosed dedicated FOOTBALL players not wannabe celebs.

I want to see where you people will be when Parcells sticks it to us 3 years from now!
well if history is any indication,that's what he'll be doing when his contract's up,and if he does,hopefully the people he's brought in to be the coaches will be good enough at what they do,and will want to stay on board to continue doing their jobs with the team.

"HOF," are you joking? No way he makes it, not even close...

As far as "he's had more than his fill of rebuilding this team," that reflects the fact that he needs to move on...

The sooner Metro is elsewhere the better. We need hard-nosed dedicated FOOTBALL players not wannabe celebs.

I am pretty sure JT makes the HOF. He has played at such a high level for so long. People need to lighten up about this whole dancing thing. He is only looking out for his future (God knows the NFL is of no help to retired players).

JT also wants to be traded and he is going about it the correct way. No putting down the coaches or the FO. You cant be mad at the guy for wanting to win a Super Bowl. If he could do it with the dolphins he definetly would. But since he cant JT needs to find a team that he can win with.

Show JT some respect

If our team is mentally distracted because one of the players decided to do a tv dance show during the offseason then we wouldnt be mentally ready to win a game of hopscotch, much less an nfl football game. It's not a big deal and if any member of the Dolphins can't get over thinking about Jason Taylor dancing than he has a different set of problems to worry about.

Any fan of the Dolphins is a fan of JT. If you're not, go by a Jets jersey and get lost.

Back
Top Bottom