Bill Parcells is the man for taking on JT | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bill Parcells is the man for taking on JT

I don't think WV will mind to much if I speak for him on this and I'm sure he's gonna reply here very soon but.... what he means is that Jason Taylor has gave up on the Dolphins. He wants a trade. He's getting tired of not seeing us contend. He doesn't want to have to give it his all anymore. He'd rather just play for a contender who atleast contend for a Superbowl and hell I'm sure he wouldn't mind even playing on a backup role or just on 3rd down plays. He just has gotten pissed of or just feels the team isn't good enough.

Even last year he talked **** about Trent Green before Green even got to Miami. Yea we all knew he could get hurt but still.... keep your mouth shut and back up the QB want to play. Hell, I respect Green a hell of alot more. He wants to keep playing. He LOVES football as does Parcells. JT's head is elsewhere and he's been elsewhere in the clouds lately. JT has played football only to get his image out there. He's been a great player at times but he helped seperate the locker room last year. We had freakin Joey Porter on our team and he didn't even start talking smack till the end of the year. Thats pretty sad on JT really trying to dictate this team. I don't know why fans are all in love with JT really... I hate reality shows and American Idol but JT wants to be a person in some sorry *** Real World show or part 2 of Miami Vice and he's a mobster... **** that! I think alot of people not just me see JT in a new light now he's just mentally retired from football now and WV and us others see that and want some kind of value for him or just to have some WANT to play here and help US win a SB. Still have respect for the guy and he can retire when he wants just think we should try and get guys who want to help this team out. :buddwalk:
An absolutely ridiculous an unfounded comment. I've wrote in detail in other threads about my thoughts on JT so I just can't do it again, wish I could, but....How has he given up on the team Exactly? Listen, stop buying into all this media BS, they need negativity and controversy to get ratings and sell papers etc... Until you hear it directly from JT's mouth that he doesn't want to be a Dolphin and he's not interested in playing football anymore, which I guarantee you haven't, just let it rest and play itself out. I think you'll be surprised. Until then, let's give him the benefit of the doubt , which he's earned and just lighten up and have some fun with what's going on.

Instead let's try to imagine JT in this D coming off the edge and wreaking havoc and inflicting pain on the opposing QB's. :up: It's a lot more fun!:D. Let him show why he was the NFL's Defensive MVP just 2 years removed. Let's support our guys until we here from their own mouths that they don't want to be here anymore. Sparano even said that JT has been one of the only D guys he talks to. He hasn't implied anything about what JT's being accused of. He kind of implied that he will be one of the leaders of the D, as he should be.

BTW, thanks for pointing out that Twinkle Toes is not in a twinkie eating contest. :rolleyes2:
Let me further point something out. His name is not "Twinkle Toes" it's Jason Taylor, DE/OLB for the Miami Dolphins. Drafted by the team in 1997, he has spent his entire NFL career in Miami becoming the Dolphins all-time leader in sacks. He has won both team mvp and leadership awards. He has been named by the NFL as Defensive Player of the Year and as Man of the Year. I'm pointing this out to you because it is blatantly apparent that some of you "fans" have forgotten. Everyone has an opinion, but as a fan you should show a little dignity and respect in expressing it towards a player who has spent his entire professional life playing at a high level and bleeding out on the field for your team.

The razzing Taylor will receive from his teammates for his stint on Dancing with the Stars will all be lighthearted. His teammates have already been text messaging him and have put up pictures all around his locker. I think Rod Wright said last month in an interview that the players are having a lot of fun with this.

If there is any distraction from this, it will come from the fans and the media. As Coach Sparano said, "I it's been overblown."

No it is clearly a distraction. It is not overblown. Being focused is the Dolphins problem. How could they be focused with all the leadership changes over the last five years. It is a distraction.

If our team is mentally distracted because one of the players decided to do a tv dance show during the offseason then we wouldnt be mentally ready to win a game of hopscotch, much less an nfl football game. It's not a big deal and if any member of the Dolphins can't get over thinking about Jason Taylor dancing than he has a different set of problems to worry about.

You try to limit all distractions. I am talking about mental baggage and mental distractions at a high level. If you think there are none with this you are well, wrong.

Yes they have to step it up a notch to win a superbowl, but we could step it up 2 notches & we're not winning any superbowls - not this year anyway. Let's be realistic. W/or w/out JT, we're not close to winning a Superbowl. Maybe 500. Still lets address your statement that JT's not giving it his all? By missing rookie mini camp?? This is a young team & there's plenty of vets, w/less years then him not there.

And as for changing of the guards, yes there comes a time to pass the torch. But you still have to have good mentors & leaders on the team too. JT still plays w/fire & knows how to get a team fired up. DWTS's is almost over & it's not like he's sitting on the beach w/Corona's. He's practicing 4 to 6 hr's a day, and working out everyday. It may not be for us, but I'd bet my dog that he has a great year & makes all the critic's, wish they hadn't hated.

It is best for the Dolphins to have people not distracted regardless of the outcome. You don't focus on the outcome.

An absolutely ridiculous an unfounded comment. I've wrote in detail in other threads about my thoughts on JT so I just can't do it again, wish I could, but....How has he given up on the team Exactly? Listen, stop buying into all this media BS, they need negativity and controversy to get ratings and sell papers etc... Until you hear it directly from JT's mouth that he doesn't want to be a Dolphin and he's not interested in playing football anymore, which I guarantee you haven't, just let it rest and play itself out. I think you'll be surprised. Until then, let's give him the benefit of the doubt , which he's earned and just lighten up and have some fun with what's going on.

Instead let's try to imagine JT in this D coming off the edge and wreaking havoc and inflicting pain on the opposing QB's. :up: It's a lot more fun!:D. Let him show why he was the NFL's Defensive MVP just 2 years removed. Let's support our guys until we here from their own mouths that they don't want to be here anymore. Sparano even said that JT has been one of the only D guys he talks to. He hasn't implied anything about what JT's being accused of. He kind of implied that he will be one of the leaders of the D, as he should be.

Dolphin fans are tired of using their imaginations! And why do we have to have fun with DWTS, I'm a football fan.

He does not want to play for 4 more years I am sure. He wants to retire while he is still a good player. Instead of being a player that sucks when they decide to quit

You mean like how Strahan sucked in the world championship game at age 38? Are you suggesting that JT will suck at age 38? So does that mean you think Strahan is the superior player?

:m359:

Commercials only take a couple days to complete. JT has been prancing around now for months. Another huge difference is Marino played his majority of his seasons under 1 coach (the almighty Shula, of course). With a new FO & new coaches in town, JT could at least show some respect, dedication and leadership that we expect of him. No matter how many seasons you've played or how many Pro Bowls you been elected to, there is no off-season for a 1-15 NFL team.. unless of course that one win sits well with you.

wow. you actually answered that rhetorically sarcastic post. you showed him.

JT has been here longer than Bill Parcells. JT left his blood and sweat out on the field EVERY Sunday for us. He gives everything he's got every time. Sorry.... I'll show respect where respect is due.

some of you fans I question sometimes.

I want to see where you people will be when Parcells sticks it to us 3 years from now!

How is he going to 'stick it to us'?

He is the VP, not the coach or GM. Everyone knows he will be gone, that is why he has older coaches mentoring younger coaches. He was hired to create a better team, and a better organization. I think he is well on the way to doing that.

As for JT, after a one win season, I'd prefer to see him more focused on getting better. He hasn't even started to get hassled about his off-season. Wait until he has to line up on the field, and read weekly reviews from sports writers. They are not known for their 'sensitivity', and he OBVIOUSLY can be a little too sensitive at times...

Remember when Saban started here? JT immediately set to work getting his agent to complain about his 'new role' on the hybred defense. He can be a whiner, he is going to catch some serious heat this year from everyone, even if he manages to completely tune out the Tuna...

Dolphin fans are tired of using their imaginations! And why do we have to have fun with DWTS, I'm a football fan.
Yeah! ...and their brains! obviously!(some of them;)). I didn't say have fun with DWTS. I meant have fun with what's going on with the Dolphins now and the potential of what's to come. Geez! ...and you don't sound like much of a football fan. IMO. JT is the embodiment of the kind of football player to be a fan of, if you are, as you claim.

"HOF," are you joking? No way he makes it, not even close...

As far as "he's had more than his fill of rebuilding this team," that reflects the fact that he needs to move on...

The sooner Metro is elsewhere the better. We need hard-nosed dedicated FOOTBALL players not wannabe celebs.

I see the hater crew is at it again. Congrats on your club with the toothless ones thanking you. Membership at three. I'll pass. The Bills are looking for fans, maybe you should go there.

I see the hater crew is at it again. Congrats on your club with the toothless ones thanking you. Membership at three. I'll pass. The Bills are looking for fans, maybe you should go there.

I don't think it is as simple as just passing him in.

Derrick Thomas who played for KC and was from Miami still hasn't been voted in.

He is the guy who made JT's position in that type of defense famous. He was argueably a better player and he was also tragically killed in an auto accident, and HE still hasn't been voted in so I doubt that JT will make it in as quick and easy as you seem to think....

Back
Top Bottom