Bill Parcells is the man for taking on JT | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bill Parcells is the man for taking on JT

Parcells needs to back off until JT does something bad. Who even knows if their relationship is bad.

"HOF," are you joking? No way he makes it, not even close...

As far as "he's had more than his fill of rebuilding this team," that reflects the fact that he needs to move on...

The sooner Metro is elsewhere the better. We need hard-nosed dedicated FOOTBALL players not wannabe celebs.
Jason is as hard nosed as they get. He's the best player on the team. The man is spending 8 hours a day dancing with an A-list babe and you call him Metro? Might want to rethink that one.

For a great team to win the superbowl they have to step it up another notch. There is no reason the fins couldn't step it up a notch too. JT is not giving his all to the team in many regards. Forget what he "himself" does. What is he doing to inspire those around him on the team. That is a team mate. That is real sacrifice.

I was happy we changed the guard with Zach, even though I hated it. I wish the same route for JT. It is time. I don't think I am much alone. This has done nothing for his football stock.

Yes they have to step it up a notch to win a superbowl, but we could step it up 2 notches & we're not winning any superbowls - not this year anyway. Let's be realistic. W/or w/out JT, we're not close to winning a Superbowl. Maybe 500. Still lets address your statement that JT's not giving it his all? By missing rookie mini camp?? This is a young team & there's plenty of vets, w/less years then him not there.

And as for changing of the guards, yes there comes a time to pass the torch. But you still have to have good mentors & leaders on the team too. JT still plays w/fire & knows how to get a team fired up. DWTS's is almost over & it's not like he's sitting on the beach w/Corona's. He's practicing 4 to 6 hr's a day, and working out everyday. It may not be for us, but I'd bet my dog that he has a great year & makes all the critic's, wish they hadn't hated.

Yes they have to step it up a notch to win a superbowl, but we could step it up 2 notches & we're not winning any superbowls - not this year anyway. Let's be realistic. W/or w/out JT, we're not close to winning a Superbowl. Maybe 500. Still lets address your statement that JT's not giving it his all? By missing rookie mini camp?? This is a young team & there's plenty of vets, w/less years then him not there.

And as for changing of the guards, yes there comes a time to pass the torch. But you still have to have good mentors & leaders on the team too. JT still plays w/fire & knows how to get a team fired up. DWTS's is almost over & it's not like he's sitting on the beach w/Corona's. He's practicing 4 to 6 hr's a day, and working out everyday. It may not be for us, but I'd bet my dog that he has a great year & makes all the critic's, wish they hadn't hated.

I gurantee that he has a excellent season. Last year wasnt his best but there were no signs of him letting up at all. He will also be in better shape than last season when he shows up for TC.

Or he can just say to hell with it and retire. If he does that he won't have to worry about what Parcells says or does.

But we know that wont happen. Because then he wouldnt have to worry about collecting those game checks that total up to 8 million dollars this season. I dont see any 8 million dollar movie offers coming in for him just yet. JT is not about to retire.

I am pretty sure JT makes the HOF. He has played at such a high level for so long. People need to lighten up about this whole dancing thing. He is only looking out for his future (God knows the NFL is of no help to retired players).

JT also wants to be traded and he is going about it the correct way. No putting down the coaches or the FO. You cant be mad at the guy for wanting to win a Super Bowl. If he could do it with the dolphins he definetly would. But since he cant JT needs to find a team that he can win with.

Show JT some respect

:bs: Please explain why he cant extend his contract 2 more years past the 2 he has left and be part of the foundation that wins a title for THIS TEAM?????? He could. He just dosent want to. He wants to make his 16 mil over the next two season while riding someones coat tails and gravy train his way to a title thats sole purpose is to catapult his Hollywood career. Some leader.

:bs: Please explain why he cant extend his contract 2 more years past the 2 he has left and be part of the foundation that wins a title for THIS TEAM?????? He could. He just dosent want to. He wants to make his 16 mil over the next two season while riding someones coat tails and gravy train his way to a title thats sole purpose is to catapult his Hollywood career. Some leader.

He does not want to play for 4 more years I am sure. He wants to retire while he is still a good player. Instead of being a player that sucks when they decide to quit

Ya right, extend his contract 2 years and play until he's 40, get real.
And what team have you been watching for the past 10 years? Not Miami if you think JT is gonna ride someone else's coat tails. Buddy, why dis the best player and the best leader and the best character guy on the team?

Ya right, extend his contract 2 years and play until he's 40, get real.
And what team have you been watching for the past 10 years? Not Miami if you think JT is gonna ride someone else's coat tails. Buddy, why dis the best player and the best leader and the best character guy on the team?

I don't think WV will mind to much if I speak for him on this and I'm sure he's gonna reply here very soon but.... what he means is that Jason Taylor has gave up on the Dolphins. He wants a trade. He's getting tired of not seeing us contend. He doesn't want to have to give it his all anymore. He'd rather just play for a contender who atleast contend for a Superbowl and hell I'm sure he wouldn't mind even playing on a backup role or just on 3rd down plays. He just has gotten pissed of or just feels the team isn't good enough.

Even last year he talked **** about Trent Green before Green even got to Miami. Yea we all knew he could get hurt but still.... keep your mouth shut and back up the QB want to play. Hell, I respect Green a hell of alot more. He wants to keep playing. He LOVES football as does Parcells. JT's head is elsewhere and he's been elsewhere in the clouds lately. JT has played football only to get his image out there. He's been a great player at times but he helped seperate the locker room last year. We had freakin Joey Porter on our team and he didn't even start talking smack till the end of the year. Thats pretty sad on JT really trying to dictate this team. I don't know why fans are all in love with JT really... I hate reality shows and American Idol but JT wants to be a person in some sorry *** Real World show or part 2 of Miami Vice and he's a mobster... **** that! I think alot of people not just me see JT in a new light now he's just mentally retired from football now and WV and us others see that and want some kind of value for him or just to have some WANT to play here and help US win a SB. Still have respect for the guy and he can retire when he wants just think we should try and get guys who want to help this team out. :buddwalk:

I want to see where you people will be when Parcells sticks it to us 3 years from now!

Ya I'd hate to be left in Dallas's situation, they only need alittle help to be superbowl contenders, that really sucks. Bill stick it to us please!!!

This is getting.. gotten ridiculous. What the hell are you people talking about? The way some of you turn on JT now.. on what is only perception because nothing substantial has happened. You sound like a bunch of cultists who have been stirred up to fight magical pixies. There is a serious detachment from reality. Was there a backlash against Dan for doing Isotoner commercials? JT hasn't done a damn thing to hurt the team. He's been a Dolphin his entire pro life. He's been one of the only bright spots during some dark years for us fans. What the **** is wrong with some of you?

You sound like a bunch of cultists who have been stirred up to fight magical pixies.

:m359:

Was there a backlash against Dan for doing Isotoner commercials?

Commercials only take a couple days to complete. JT has been prancing around now for months. Another huge difference is Marino played his majority of his seasons under 1 coach (the almighty Shula, of course). With a new FO & new coaches in town, JT could at least show some respect, dedication and leadership that we expect of him. No matter how many seasons you've played or how many Pro Bowls you been elected to, there is no off-season for a 1-15 NFL team.. unless of course that one win sits well with you.

:m359:

Commercials only take a couple days to complete. JT has been prancing around now for months. Another huge difference is Marino played his majority of his seasons under 1 coach (the almighty Shula, of course). With a new FO & new coaches in town, JT could at least show some respect, dedication and leadership that we expect of him. No matter how many seasons you've played or how many Pro Bowls you been elected to, there is no off-season for a 1-15 NFL team.. unless of course that one win sits well with you.
That's some high-minded rhetoric right there. Who does that apply to? Do you have any idea how many non-football events and activities players take part in during the offseason? Are we going to kick them all off the team? JT is not in a twinkie eating contest. He's keeping himself in good physical shape which, unfortunately, is more than some players do during the offseason. He of course needs to regain some bulk and get football ready, but until training camp starts and his condition becomes an issue, it's not an issue. You all are just making assumptions. Until something more than speculation happens I'm going to base my opinions on the only reality that has taken place with JT and that is the 10+ sacks a year, multiple pro bowls, DPOTY and MOTY awards. He has spent an entire career displaying respect, dedication and leadership.

That's some high-minded rhetoric right there. Who does that apply to? Do you have any idea how many non-football events and activities players take part in during the offseason? Are we going to kick them all off the team? JT is not in a twinkie eating contest. He's keeping himself in good physical shape which, unfortunately, is more than some players do during the offseason. He of course needs to regain some bulk and get football ready, but until training camp starts and his condition becomes an issue, it's not an issue. You all are just making assumptions. Until something more than speculation happens I'm going to base my opinions on the only reality that has taken place with JT and that is the 10+ sacks a year, multiple pro bowls, DPOTY and MOTY awards. He has spent an entire career displaying respect, dedication and leadership.

Not once have I mentioned that JT needs to be in camp for conditioning, strength training, etc. But, if that is your speculation/assumption/projection, than so be it. It is well documented that Parcells is someone that does not view attendance at his workouts as "voluntary". Therefore, regardless of previous accolations and as a leader, you should participate and show dedication to your team and respect for your new bosses.

BTW, thanks for pointing out that Twinkle Toes is not in a twinkie eating contest. :rolleyes2:

Back
Top Bottom