Bill Parcells: "Miami Can't win the AFC East." | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bill Parcells: "Miami Can't win the AFC East."

Originally posted by PatsFanTX
If that undefeated team was so good, why didn't they string together a few more championship seasons like the Packers and Steelers? They were just a fluke team who had a cream puff schedule.

After reaching the SB in '69, Shula got to Miami in '70 inheriting a 3-10 team. That first year Miami goes 10-4.

In '71 we went to the Super Bowl. '72 we went undefeated and won the SB. '73 we won the SB. In '74 we lost a super close playoff game at Oakland and were largely without Warfield and Mercury Morris during the season.

After that'74 season, Czonka, Warfield, and Kiick went to the World League. That's two Hall of Famers we lost right there. For a team that rarely throws the ball, that's murder. You're HOF battering ram RB and the WR (who carries 2 defenders with him at all times and averaged 21.4 ypc in Miami and 20.1 career) are gone just like that. Not to mention the only other physcial runner on the team (Kiick).

In short, that contributed to our "not becoming a dynasty".....if you call 3 straight Super Bowls "not a dynasty".

As for Parcells, I think he is a great coach. One of the best ever. He'd obivously be in the Hall of Fame if he'd just stay retired already. ;)

I don't mind what he said. I think he was right on. When he said "it ain't gonna be Miami", he was referring to the AFC North and the seedings. Obviously we don't play in the North. And New England just keeps winning. So we are indeed going to be hard pressed to play well.

Make no istake, Parcells says everything for a reason. But in this case (the quote we were provided), there wasn't anything buried in there to get in our heads. Straight facts.

Originally posted by PatsFanTX

Sorryif the truth hurts

It's your stupidity that's painful.

If that undefeated team was so good, why didn't they string together a few more championship seasons like the Packers and Steelers? They were just a fluke team who had a cream puff schedule.

That would be why the Dolphins went to THREE STRAIGHT superbowls and won two of them, moron?

Last edited by a moderator:
Parcells basically dropped his pants and urinated on us.

His team realistically will not beat out the Eagles for the division. He poo pooed us winning the division when we basically control our own destiny.

Now............... all he said was accurate IF HE BYPASSES THE FACT THAT WE CAN BEAT HIM. The way he said it was like: "Since we are going to beat them...this is how I think their season will turn out."

He basically did an analysis that would be correct IF WE HAD ALREADY LOST TO THE DALLAS COWTURDS.

So boys, IT IS TIME TO HIT JUST A LITTLE HARDER, A LITTLE LATER, and STICK IT TO THAT FAT BLOATED SCUMBAG WITH THE GARBAGE BAG AS A JACKET.

I AM FIRED UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We do not control our own destiny. If we win all our remaining games and the Patriots only lose to us......we still lose the division.

ARFF, I like that you're fired up. But I think you're inventing things to get yourself fired up. Dude, you don't play anymore. You haven't played in a long time. It's ok to relax now. ;)

sorry to jump in so late, but i believe parcells moobs are getting in the way of thinking

Back
Top Bottom