Bill Parcells: "Miami Can't win the AFC East." | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bill Parcells: "Miami Can't win the AFC East."

It's not impossible to win 3 road games and the superbowl, but no one ever does it, it kind of like :hail: Marino's 48 Td season record, it hasn't been broken yet, but it's possible it could be beat, just not very likely it will be. His record being broken is as likely someone will win 3 road games to get to the superbowl this year, not very. Just because nobody has done doesn't mean it can't be done!

Originally posted by philyphin
It's not impossible to win 3 road games and the superbowl, but no one ever does it, it kind of like. Just because nobody has done doesn't mean it can't be done!

Actually, the 1985 Patriots are the only team ever to do that. They beat the Jets, Raiders and the mighty Dolphins all on the road to advance to the Super Bowl.

Originally posted by PatsFanTX

Actually, the 1985 Patriots are the only team ever to do that. They beat the Jets, Raiders and the mighty Dolphins all on the road to advance to the Super Bowl.

and then....(sorry, I had to do it).

A 1985 gem.....

27_1JPG-1.jpg

Originally posted by BigFinFan
PErsoanlly, I don't give a rats *** what Parcells thinks or says. Everyone in the NFL has always been on his jock - I recently heard that Bill Parcells was the greatest coach in the history of the NFL. What a joke!!!!!

He took a Cowboys team that has been very underachieving and taught them to believe in themselves. He is not a miracle worker, he is just following a horrible head coach (Dave Campo - this guy should have never been named the HC).

Bill Parcells could not carry Don Shula's luggage!

damm you are flipping !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Parcells can't carry Shula's

jock!!!!!!!!!! Parcells is the best coach in Football Preriod... damm

you fin fans are really wearing rose colored glasses !!!!

Re: Bill Parcells: "Miami Can't win the AFC East."

Originally posted by ARealFinsFan
QUOTE TO NOTE: "If you look at Miami's situation, they are going to be hard pressed to catch New England [in the AFC East] the way New England has played. I think Kansas City is going to win the West. There are two good records in the South  Indianapolis and Tennessee. And someone is going to win the North. It is not going to be Miami. There is really one spot there the way it's shaping up right now. They have got on hold on to that spot if they are going to get into the tournament. That's why they will be pressing to play well."  Dallas coach Bill Parcells assessing Miami's postseason hopes entering Thursday's game.

Screw this fat bastard......I bet he thinks his team will win their division though........guess what....they will not.

Philly will win that division.

HellOOOOOOoooo !! The thing you are missing is that we have not really played well all year. Please don't counter with the luck nE gets, etc. cuz we have had some calls our self. But I'll betcha what tho................. if that "fat bastard" was coaching our guys, we'd likely be at LEAST 10-1. And besides, I think he was actually paying us a compliment of sorts about how "well" he thinks we'll play the rest of the way.

Originally posted by nyrican

Parcells is the best coach in Football Preriod... damm

There is no comparison between Shula and Parcells.

In Shula's early era there was no free agency, no salary cap and no parity whatsoever. He won early on with a team that flat-out had better talent (the undefeated season, which BTW, is one of the most vastly over rated accomplishments in all of sports) than other teams.

He also had the luxury of having one of the greateast QB's ever to play the game and finished with zero rings with him.

Parcells on the other hand, took the pathetic (when he took over) Giants, Patriots, Jets, and now the Cowboys and turned them into winners.

From a pure coaching perspective, Shula's name should not even be mentioned in the same sentence as Bill Parcells.

(the undefeated season, which BTW, is one of the most vastly over rated accomplishments in all of sports)

I guess that's why no one's ever duplicated it huh?
Heh, you're transparent. If the Pats had somehow had the undefeated season, you'd be trumpeting it like a Viking herald. Go take your bitter idiocy back to a Patriots board, if such an animal exists.

In Shula's early era there was no free agency, no salary cap and no parity whatsoever. He won early on with a team that flat-out had better talent (the undefeated season, which BTW, is one of the most vastly over rated accomplishments in all of sports)

Yes, there was no parity back then. Every year there was only 1 team that was good and the rest were terrible! :lol:

The great Steeler and Raider teams were a complete joke as well.
Lombardi's Packers.... a joke!
Lombardi.... a joke of a coach just like Shula!
Heck, they should rename the Lombardi trophy to the Bellicheck trophy
None of the great teams of the past were worth a load of crap becuase there was no free agency.

You are a complete F*ing tool.

Oh yes, I forgot.... the undefeated season was vastly overrated.

So overrated that the Patsies and the other 30 NFL teams in the league have never been able to do it again.

Yep.... overrated.

Stupid is as stupid posts!

Thanks for visiting Forrest! :goof:

Last edited by a moderator:

He won early on with a team that flat-out had better talent (the undefeated season, which BTW, is one of the most vastly over rated accomplishments in all of sports) than other teams.

Overrated?? Why is that? Because Miami did it? If it was THAT overrated, I would imagine that it would've been broken long before now!
Was babe Ruth's 70 yr record overrated cuz it was broken 2 or 3 times in just a few years??

Originally posted by Trekbiz

Oh yes, I forgot.... the undefeated season was vastly overrated.

So overrated that the Patsies and the other 30 NFL teams in the league have never been able to do it again.

Sorryif the truth hurts folks, but it was, and is, vastly over rated.

For one it was only 14 games, so don't make comparisons why teams can't do it when now there are 2 more games.

Secondly, your cream puff schdule had more to do with it than anything. Your opponents winning pecetage that year was the easiest of any Super Bowl team. A pathetic .367% Way to crush the tough teams.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/statitudes/news/2001/01/15/super_schedules/

If that undefeated team was so good, why didn't they string together a few more championship seasons like the Packers and Steelers? They were just a fluke team who had a cream puff schedule.

Originally posted by nyrican

damm you are flipping !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Parcells can't carry Shula's

jock!!!!!!!!!! Parcells is the best coach in Football Preriod... damm

Cause Shula isn't in Football anymore :rolleyes:

Don't get all worked up next time and you might not have 80 typos.

Back
Top Bottom