Bill Parcells: "Miami Can't win the AFC East." | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bill Parcells: "Miami Can't win the AFC East."

QUESTION:

If we win Thursday and the Pats lose; then we we beat the Pats the next week, does anyone know where that would put us as far as the division tiebreaker is concerned?

My girl friends a Pats Fan & it makes me sick.....
Can't wait to whoop up on the Pats after Dallas gets stomped on by Ricky, I think Carter will be eating a lot of grass this week too, :nesucks:

The Pats are a blue Collar team that works hard for coaches, not a lot of superstars and it works for them, they have done a good job with the limited talent they have and got the most out of it, good coaching by a Bill Parcells guy. New England has alot of football players that play as team. I hate saying anything good about the Pats, but they do play tough and don't quit.

Originally posted by philyphin
The Pats are a blue Collar team that works hard for coaches, not a lot of superstars and it works for them, they have done a good job with the limited talent they have and got the most out of it, good coaching by a Bill Parcells guy. New England has alot of football players that play as team. I hate saying anything good about the Pats, but they do play tough and don't quit.

That's a far cry from your earlier "Pats are horrible" post.

I tend to agree with everything you said on this one.

We would be a head, with a 3-1 division record, cause they lost to the bills in week 1 making their record 2-2 in the division.

Originally posted by DrAstroZoom
QUESTION:

If we win Thursday and the Pats lose; then we we beat the Pats the next week, does anyone know where that would put us as far as the division tiebreaker is concerned?

in better position than NE :D. we would have split with them, and not lost to any other team...they got manhandled by buffalo in week 1

I don't like saying it, but I have seen them play alot this year.
And as much as I liked to just say they suck, I can't back it up.
I just can't stand Tom Brady, MVP of the superbowl my ***, Vinatari should have won, since his leg got them there and won it for them.
I don't like Brady & I Don't like the Patriots, and when we run through you next week and take the division lead, I will then say the Pats Suck.

You girls have no shot at the division.

Eagles will beat you, Cowboys will beat you, Patriots will beat you, and you will be back at 9-7.....AGAIN!

Re: Bill Parcells: "Miami Can't win the AFC East."

Originally posted by ARealFinsFan
QUOTE TO NOTE: "If you look at Miami's situation, they are going to be hard pressed to catch New England [in the AFC East] the way New England has played. I think Kansas City is going to win the West. There are two good records in the South  Indianapolis and Tennessee. And someone is going to win the North. It is not going to be Miami. There is really one spot there the way it's shaping up right now. They have got on hold on to that spot if they are going to get into the tournament. That's why they will be pressing to play well."  Dallas coach Bill Parcells assessing Miami's postseason hopes entering Thursday's game.

Screw this fat bastard......I bet he thinks his team will win their division though........guess what....they will not.

Philly will win that division.

Nothing Parcells said isn't accurate. Bottom line is that it'll be easier for New England to hold the title than it will be for us to take it away from them. They've already got the lead, and they have the easier schedule to boot. Add to that the fact that they are bringing injured players back to their line-up and I'd say that we CERTAINLY have an uphill battle to get to the Conference Championship. Anybody who disagrees with this is wearing their Aqua colored glasses.

I just can't stand Tom Brady, MVP of the superbowl my ***, Vinatari should have won, since his leg got them there and won it for them.

Actually, Ty Law should have been the Super Bowl MVP.

The Pats are in a very good place right now. Consider it this way... even if the Fins went 5-0, they'd still need someone else to beat the Pats. True, NE plays at Indy this week, but after that who's available to help? Jags, Bills and Jets.

If Miami finishes 4-1, we'd still need Indy AND one of those other three to knock off the Patriots.

Of course, division games can be tough ones no matter what the records, so anything can happen. It's dangerous playing a team that's out of the playoffs and knows you well, and will do things like go for it on 4th down, or try 2-point conversions when they wouldn't in a 'must-win' game. (The same applies when WE play the Bills/Jets, though.)

If we fall three games back this weekend, or lose in New England, it's all but over (for the division). Otherwise, we need to wait til we play the Pats to know what the chances really are.

Originally posted by XNOUGHT
You girls have no shot at the division.

Eagles will beat you, Cowboys will beat you, Patriots will beat you, and you will be back at 9-7.....AGAIN!

i'm fine with that...as long as mare doesnt beat us:rolleyes:

Some of you guys have to wake up. What makes Parcells the premier coach???? Open your eyes man. Dallas is basically a shoo-in for the playoffs after what 3 seasons of 5-11. Start with the Giants. They are no good, then they win 2 Super Bowls. Next: New England. Brutally bad, then AFC Champs. Next on the list: New York Jets. In 1996, the last of the Rich Kotite years, the Jets were 1-15. 1-15!!!!! The very next year, Parcells takes that team to a 9-7 record, and a Ray Lucas and halfback pass INT away from the playoffs. The next year 12-4, losing to probably the best team since those Dallas dynasties, in the Denver Broncos in the AFC Champ. Game at Mile High. Now: Dallas doing the same thing. Is that a track record or what? 4 times out of 4 he has turned a struggling franchise into a contender. Once could be a fluke, 2 not likely but is possibly a fluke. 4 TIMES. This Thanksgivng game is probably the biggest coaching mismatch in the history of the NFL.

New England wins this week or we loss this week, we are done, even if we get a wildcard spot, there is no way we can make it to the superbowl playing 3 road games, we need to win out against Dallas in Dallas (tough), New England in New England (tougher), Philadelphia at Home on Monday night ( good thing were at home, still tough) so that is beating 3 teams with a better record than us 3 weeks in row, then go freeze our asses off and hope we don't have a mental let down after a brutal 3 emotionally draining games, in Buffalo, then if all goes well, we just have to beat the Stinking J-E-T-S, who are suddenly playing very well, to get the division, and to top it all off we have a way better chance of winning the Division, than getting to superbowl all the way on the road. I am disgruntle that Mare missed Field goals against Houston and New England to put us in this predictament in the first place, we should be 9-2, instead of 7-4.
I am just irrate, we had the team to win the superbowl these last 2 years and I have watched the Dolphins flush it all down the toillet, because of stupid plays by, players who know they can do better and bad play calling in Fourth quarter, if I see Feidler throw one more intercept on that stupid out pattern, when we are up in the Fourth, I will become a JETS fan and I hate the JETS, why do they call that play when you have ricky and a dam good defense, it cost us the division last year, and a game this year, it was like watching instant replay.

We can't go on the road 3 times and win the SB? Why not? We've been playing better on the road this year then at home. Every home game has been a nail biter and every road game has been a lot better (besides Tenn).

Originally posted by XoPhinsoX

We can't go on the road 3 times and win the SB? Why not? We've been playing better on the road this year then at home. Every home game has been a nail biter and every road game has been a lot better (besides Tenn).

What makes you think you can beat 3 "winning" teams on the road to the Super Bowl.

As for your comment "we are playing better on the road", yea, you have road wins over the mighty Chargers, Jags, Jets and Giants.

When you finally played a winning team on the road, you were completely embarrassed.

Back
Top Bottom