Bill Parcells On Brian Griese | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bill Parcells On Brian Griese

ebozzz

Starter
Reaction score
But not every NFL bigwig has such a positive opinion of Griese, who has thrown almost as many interceptions (34) as touchdowns (38) over the past two seasons after reaching the Pro Bowl in 2000. Dallas coach Bill Parcells, whose team lacks an experienced starting quarterback, decided to pass on Griese in favor of unproven youngsters Chad Hutchinson and Quincy Carter.

"I'm not interested in being 8-8, so I'm not interested in a quarterback that could get me to 8-8," Parcells said when asked by Dallas media. "There are some guys I feel I can do that with. If I saw guy who's economically feasible and could get us a division title, I would be interested. I don't know who that would be at this point. I haven't seen a guy out there."

http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/teams/report/MIA/6419318

Who cares? Griese's here to be a backup. He's a better backup than Hutchinson and Carter are as starters. Plus we have a hell of a running game. Parcells should just go re-dye his hair already.

if he's not interested in being 8-8 he should have taken the Bucs job... 8-8 in Dallas will be a roaring success, he should be happy to make it to 8-8...

Originally posted by T-ROCK
if he's not interested in being 8-8 he should have taken the Bucs job... 8-8 in Dallas will be a roaring success, he should be happy to make it to 8-8...

haha.. i was thinking the same thing..

he's not interested in being 8-8... he would much rather be something along the lines of 4-12.

Originally posted by T-ROCK

My thoughts exactly ... what an egomaniac!

It's going to take a few years to get that team a division title... so if he follows his pattern, he'll quit before that happens anyway....

It Just Occured To Me...

that Bill probably doesn't feel too good about Jay either. All I have to say is this......

WEEK 13

Thursday, Nov. 27

Miami at Dallas, 4:05 pm

I haven't listened to anything tha man-boobed over-inflated egomaniac has said since he joined the Jets a few year back.

Re: It Just Occured To Me...

Originally posted by ebozzz

WEEK 13

Thursday, Nov. 27

Miami at Dallas, 4:05 pm
I can't wait! :evil:

He is a great coach and it would not surpise me to see the Cowboys in the playoffs this year but if not this year next for sure. I always liked him because he always said what was on his mind.

This quote came out the day Griese was a free agent - about two weeks ago. It was also in reference to what Griese could do for Dallas - which is different than what he can do for Miami as a backup or potential starter. But, Neither Fiedler nor Griese nor Dilfer nor Brad Johnson would get Parcells' Cowboys beyond 8-8 this year. It would have to be a top echelon QB to do anything with that club this year. I think that's the point. Not that Dallas won't be competitive and have a shot at .500.

I guess he and Shanahan share the same opinion of Griese. I don't think he's wrong in thinking that Griese may not be his type of qb. As a coach he has earned that right to make that kind of opinion.

Doesn't mean Griese won't fit in Norv Turners system. I think Griese will make the fins a better team talent wise. Of course fans and media could make it ugly for the fins in the locker room.

Parcells also recently (I believe it was Thursday) said that he'd be lucky to go 5-11 with the current group of players he has! :lol:

I guess this means the whole "I don't want to go 8-8..." thing was a compliment then since he seems to be assuming Griese could get him an additional 3 wins on his own!

Originally posted by XoPhinsoX
Isn't he trying to make Quincy the starter? :lol:

lol yeah, :lol: ...who cares what the Tuna says, maybe he should try signing Lucas instead...after all that was his starter at one point..:lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom