Bill Parcells On Brian Griese | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bill Parcells On Brian Griese

just curious why's everyone singling out the tripping over the dog incident over the obvious one at the party (at TD's i think) anyone who has a pet knows that they can take you out more times over a lifetime then LT could ever dream of :lol: just IMO but i really think he did just trip over the dog at that time

Bill Parcells is hands down the best coach in football, and nothing can persuade me otherwise. Forgetting about all of the great things he did with the Giants(2 rings) and Pats(1 SB appearance after being horrible priior to his arrival), I will talk about the Jets from experience. THe 1996 New York Jets won exactly 1 game, against the Arizona Cardinals. Parcells is brought in from New England the following year, and the Jets win 9 games, and have a chance of going to the playoffs, when they lose a close one to Detroit in Week 17. The next year, they go 12-4, and have a lead at the half in the AFC Championship team over the juggernaut (14-2, defending SB Champs) Denver Broncos. 1999 was the year that big things were expected with Elway's retirement. Testaverde tore his Achilles in Week 1, and after flirting with a horrible experiment with Rick Mirer, the Jets were something like 1-6. Enter your boy, Ray Lucas. He took over that team, and was around 6-2. Unfortunately, Parcells resigned as coach, and the next year he left the organization totally. Either way, he turned the franchise from the laughing-stock of the NFL to a team that has consistently competed every year since his arrival. Dallas will compete, and make the Playoffs in the next 2 years.

Originally posted by J-E-T-S
Bill Parcells is hands down the best coach in football, and nothing can persuade me otherwise.

You are correct. He is one hell of a coach! BUT, he is definitely not a man of his word :mad: Ask the Bucs...

Also, what happened to his statement that he definitely would never coach again???? That's why the 'Hall of Fame' will not consider his name until he quits coaching for sure.:nono:

Originally posted by SuavePhin
just curious why's everyone singling out the tripping over the dog incident over the obvious one at the party (at TD's i think) anyone who has a pet knows that they can take you out more times over a lifetime then LT could ever dream of :lol: just IMO but i really think he did just trip over the dog at that time

:lol: I agree, hell just this morning I got up and walked into the kitchen and my Golden Retriever waits until I start to step over him to get up........#@$%$#@@! bang I'm on my arse and the wife and kids are :lol: :lol: :lol: -----> :coffee:
Happy fathers day I guess.

The whole Brian tripping over his dog thing is stupid, it happens to everyone with a dog or cat, and those who make a big deal about it are either throwing stones from a glass house or have never owned or know anyone who owns a dog or cat or whatever.
Where exacty is it written that he can't go out and have a few beers anyways? Please don't say "because he's a role model" because that's an excuse for absentee parents.I'm my childrens role model.

Re: Re: It Just Occured To Me...

Originally posted by Boone
I can't wait! :evil:

I can our last couple games against the Cowboys or Bill Parcells have been a nightmare. Many times where we had the superior team. He even beat us twice with Ray Lucas at QB. Our scapegoat for 2002.

Originally posted by Hellion

:lol: I agree, hell just this morning I got up and walked into the kitchen and my Golden Retriever waits until I start to step over him to get up........#@$%$#@@! bang I'm on my arse and the wife and kids are :lol: :lol: :lol: -----> :coffee:
Happy fathers day I guess.

The whole Brian tripping over his dog thing is stupid, it happens to everyone with a dog or cat, and those who make a big deal about it are either throwing stones from a glass house or have never owned or know anyone who owns a dog or cat or whatever.
Where exacty is it written that he can't go out and have a few beers anyways? Please don't say "because he's a role model" because that's an excuse for absentee parents.I'm my childrens role model.

I think the motto of this story has something to do with "the hair of the dog that bit you":lol: :barf:

It still seems like a stupid thing to do by trashing a player for no reason... If he was as smart as he being given credit for he would have said 'no coment' or a polite 'we're not interested'. But by insulting someone he has no past with is a big knock on his character to me.

Whether or not Griese is the starter, genius Parcells just gave Miami something to motivate them for a game that b/c of the scheduling they might have shown up flat for. You know his comments are going to be posted on the locker room bb that week!

I do think he is a great coach, but that was a stupid thing to say!

Originally posted by Dude
It still seems like a stupid thing to do by trashing a player for no reason... If he was as smart as he being given credit for he would have said 'no coment' or a polite 'we're not interested'. But by insulting someone he has no past with is a big knock on his character to me.

Whether or not Griese is the starter, genius Parcells just gave Miami something to motivate them for a game that b/c of the scheduling they might have shown up flat for. You know his comments are going to be posted on the locker room bb that week!

I do think he is a great coach, but that was a stupid thing to say!

Ya gotta remember who were talking about! It's 'Mr... "I don't give a care who doesn't agree with me" ... Parcells:fire:

Back
Top Bottom