Bill Parcells open to something new | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bill Parcells open to something new

Forget the drama & trying to rate Duane .... there's 2 BIG Stories that will play out over next year that will be HUGE to the team & us fans.

Story 1) What is Ireland & Sparano's personal visions of building a team, is it even the same. Everyone is on board Tuna's Prototype Players & balanced running approach NOW. BUT ... everyone who gets power takes their own direction, & sometimes its huge twists & turns. Its the story of history & surprise-changes are guaranteed.

Story 2) Who's really in power & can they hold it? Ireland, Sparano, or will the owner usurp them? Sharing power (partnership) is very rare!! Bad & the fingers point. Good & they want to control it all ... just like Parcells & every other coach (or politician, general, CEO, etc.) Squabbles kill everyone, that's why they used to make Kings & succession ensued ... lack of central power means civil war or invasion!!

I can't predict future as most bloggers love to do ... but I'll be watching for the little things ... & those pieces will fit together into our future picture.

The problem with Parcells is that he's been made out to be something he's not. He's never crafted a SB team himself, only coached them. He's won 0 SB's as a GM or "President of Football Operations". He's been glorified as some great NFL mind but his teams are typically mediocre, middle-of-the-pack. Aka, the Miami Dolphins.

People point to what he did to turn around a 1-15 team, which is absolute dog****. Imagine going into the season with Josh McCown as the starter? Or Henne? No way that team goes 11-5. He lucks out with Favre coming out of retirement, which causes a domino effect of Penny falling into his lap. So he looks like a genius. The team faced a schedule that was one of the EASIEST in NFL history, and that's supposed to ****ing impress me? That is a load of **** and the reason the "Parcells effect" is so overrated. He will never win that Lombardi as a team architect and the Phins are no different. In order to win a SB these days, you need an elite QB, end of story.

The problem with Parcells is that he's been made out to be something he's not. He's never crafted a SB team himself, only coached them. He's won 0 SB's as a GM or "President of Football Operations". He's been glorified as some great NFL mind but his teams are typically mediocre, middle-of-the-pack. Aka, the Miami Dolphins.

People point to what he did to turn around a 1-15 team, which is absolute dog****. Imagine going into the season with Josh McCown as the starter? Or Henne? No way that team goes 11-5. He lucks out with Favre coming out of retirement, which causes a domino effect of Penny falling into his lap. So he looks like a genius. The team faced a schedule that was one of the EASIEST in NFL history, and that's supposed to ****ing impress me? That is a load of **** and the reason the "Parcells effect" is so overrated. He will never win that Lombardi as a team architect and the Phins are no different. In order to win a SB these days, you need an elite QB, end of story.

Somebody gets it.

Maybe fans will look at the "they ought to let you buy the groceries" quote understanding why they didn't.

What do you people expect from Parcells.
From 1-15 to Super Bowl in two years?
The fact that you guys are ******ing about him proves how far we have come.
Do you remember the Wandstadt era? The idiotic trades? Jay Feely anyone. The Ogunleye trade? Marty Booker!?!
FWIW I think Saban probably would have succeeded in the long run but he saw how awful the talent level was and bolted for a better deal.
Then the Cam/Mueller era? Tedd Ginn anyone.
You don't build a team overnight.
If we were in the NFC West we would be a super bowl contender, but we are in the AFC BEast. We play two games every year against the most dominant team in the decade(Patriots) and the win now at all cost(Jets). I record and strength of schedule reflects that.
We finally have a solid young Qb to build around.
We have a blue chip O-line.
Yes there have been some draft mistakes, but that happens to everyone.
I am happy BP came here.
If you guys would have preferred the Cameron/Mueller regime be my guest.

While i see your point ... Don't discount Parcells for what he HAS DONE!!! He helped bring Jake Long and Vontae Davis, both of whom are looking like they will be Pro-bowlers for years to come ...

What do you people expect from Parcells.
From 1-15 to Super Bowl in two years?
The fact that you guys are ******ing about him proves how far we have come.
Do you remember the Wandstadt era? The idiotic trades? Jay Feely anyone. The Ogunleye trade? Marty Booker!?!
FWIW I think Saban probably would have succeeded in the long run but he saw how awful the talent level was and bolted for a better deal.
Then the Cam/Mueller era? Tedd Ginn anyone.
You don't build a team overnight.
If we were in the NFC West we would be a super bowl contender, but we are in the AFC BEast. We play two games every year against the most dominant team in the decade(Patriots) and the win now at all cost(Jets). I record and strength of schedule reflects that.
We finally have a solid young Qb to build around.
We have a blue chip O-line.
Yes there have been some draft mistakes, but that happens to everyone.
I am happy BP came here.
If you guys would have preferred the Cameron/Mueller regime be my guest.

I agree about Parcells bring a direction and stability to an organization that was swimming with the fishes!!! but the dominance we all were expecting hasn't come yet ... and that is what has most Dolphins fans upset!!!

One point that i see in all of this is a HUGE one!!! If Parcells does book, he's going to raid this staff .. and that will definitely hurt the stability that was created while he was here ... I would hate to see Nolan has the HC or Lee depart for an OC position under BP in his new gig!!! that will be tough to swallow ...

One point that i see in all of this is a HUGE one!!! If Parcells does book, he's going to raid this staff .. and that will definitely hurt the stability that was created while he was here ... I would hate to see Nolan has the HC or Lee depart for an OC position under BP in his new gig!!! that will be tough to swallow ...
I wouldn't be disappointed if he took Henning and Lee.

Hopefully he opts for Henning over Nolan for his HC. I would highly recommend that to him personally.

You know the NY Giants. And then there was the .............. oh yea that was it.

He took a pretty mediocre Pats team to a SB. He then went to the Jets and actually made them respectable. They got to the AFC championship and gave the eventual SB champ Broncos a run for their money, unlike the JJ coached Dolphins who played like pansies the week before and got embarrassed 38-3. I believe the great Jason Taylor played in that game and, as usual in big games, was a non-factor.

Im hearing Parcell could take up an offer to rebuild another team if the money is right, there is also talk of him returning to ESPN or NFL Network.

Back
Top Bottom