Bills are a nightmare matchup for Miami | Page 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bills are a nightmare matchup for Miami

Didn't know where else to put this but you guys will be wearing aqua jerseys this week as the Bills are wearing all white throwbacks.

I am actually worried about Satele this week. I think Wilfork is a shell of the player he was before the injury... Will we see the return of Satele subpar play versus elite Big DT's?

I am actually worried about Satele this week. I think Wilfork is a shell of the player he was before the injury... Will we see the return of Satele subpar play versus elite Big DT's?

This week is a very tough matchup, but I am confident that Lazor will spread the defense horizontally using formations. That will minimize the impact. If Tannehill makes the correct reads and decisions, we should be fine.

This is a hard game to gauge because it seems like the last several years has either been us dominating Buffalo or laying a complete egg. I do think this game could be a bit more frustrating in that Buffalo will be much more committed to the run than the Pats were (and with it looking like 3 reserve LBs will be playing again that could be troublesome), but I would not call the Bills a match up nightmare.

The D-Line is gonna be a real test, I think everybody agrees with that. I think with the LBs and safeties being what they are for Buffalo, Charles Clay becomes a must start in fantasy.

But like I said, the biggest concern for me is that Buffalo won't just go away from the run like the Pats do. It could cause a lot of issues.

yeah but Pats went away from the run because most of the time we were stuffing them. I think Mitchell provides a better run D. He shoots the gaps and is much faster than Paul Soliai will ever dream of being.

There is no doubt in my mind BB knew he had to get away from the run. He could sense we are a much better football team this year. henceforth taking our scrubs. If you watched the body language of his press conference before the game he was visibly worried. He kept talking about the difficulties of the first game. Well, why would it be difficult if these were the same ol dolphins? The answer is it wouldnt be. But BB knows better. once we Knowshoned their azz he knew it would take a miracle to get back in the game and why Brady basically gave in on the bench. Body language tells alot more than words IMO.

Since Manuel only played 10 games last season, which was his rookie season, it's a bit early to decide whether he's good or bad or in-between. He had a decent game, at least as good as Tannehill, on Sunday. Tannehill, OTOH, has been a starter for two full seasons, and nobody confuses him with Andrew Luck or Russell Wilson.

I hate to rain on your parade, but one game is a pretty small sample size, especially when it's the first game of the season and your team is playing at home. Miami always gives NE trouble anyways. I remember the year that the Fins had like 1 win with an interim HC (Baker?) and NE came into Miami for a night game (MNF?) with 1 or 2 losses and a bead on the SB, and lost.

I understand completely. We Buffalo fans suffered through Dick Jauron's philosophy of offense-as-a-necessary-evil for four years before Chan Gailey came aboard. As you said, the question is will the game plans stay diverse.

This is also a big question for the Bills. Nobody really knows about Nathaniel Hackett's offense here in Buffalo except the coaches and players. Last year, it had to be "dumbed down" because we had a rookie QB and then subs. This year in preseason, the Bills kept their offense almost entirely under wraps, using only a handful of plays, so Sunday against Chicago was the first that anyone saw anything with any kind of sophistication. It was pretty good, but we don't know where the offense can or will go this season either.

You do know that Tannehill has beaten Brady, Luck and Wilson doncha? You can also throw in Matt Ryan, Big Ben, and the new improved Phillip Rivers. So there's that.

But more to the point, because most of our Bills members who regularly visit, state their cases persuasively and respectfully and actually return after losses, I remember you as standing out from the pack (and why immediately I thought your name should substitute a "u" for an "i"). Specifically I remember you talking crap, making claims and assurances in the Beasts section when things looked promising for the team but rarely returning to take your medicine when we actually beat you. And specifically I remember a number of our own posters actually mocking you for not coming back after losses and laughing that if those were wins, you'd be back gloating. So, really when I see your posts I zone out cuz you're not a terrific representative of our Bills posters (whom I wish all our enemy members behaved like). Oh and I hate to rain on your parade, but a single decent game by a QB even many FSU fans couldn't stand does not make a trend either.. nor does eking out a 3 pt win over an 8-8 team who ranked 30th in defense with a negative differential and a QB who created 10 of your points. :idk:

Daquix, like I said in another thread, good game, yall definately won it, no question. See you in Miami :brewskis:

This was obvious from 20 thousand miles away. Biggest game for the Bills in the last 15 years, and it showed on the field. They obliterated the dolphins in every facet of the phases of football 101. People on this forum who were blind to say nonsense like the crowd & emotion will have no effect on the Buffalo players on the field have no clue about the mental aspect of the game. Football is 90% mental and 10% physical, as Don Shula (and many others in the HOF have stated).

The Dolphins got smoked because they ran into a perfect storm, ran into a buzzsaw. The threads I saw here like "Who will be more dead. Ralph Wilson or the stadium at 4pm" in a way makes me less upset the Bills won. The lack of compassion for life and love and human compassion on this forum over a silly game in a way makes me less upset the Dolphins got handled the way they did. (And I guarantee I have been a dolphin fan for longer than over 90% of this forum) .

Back
Top Bottom