Bills are a nightmare matchup for Miami | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bills are a nightmare matchup for Miami

I watched a condensed version of the bills game last week. They run a lot of 3 wr sets and bunch formations as well. They love to run out of them. So Miami will have to watch for that.

Chicago exposed that the Bills are vulnerable to the screens and flat routes, which can be run effectively if your Miami.

As I see it Chicago lost the game last week by trying to throw Deep all the time, allowing Cutler to hit and Miss. Even in OT instead of trying to grind it down the field with short passes and runs
they tried to go Deep. Hugh mistake... every time they were patient Buffalo couldn't stop them it was only when they got greedy that they stopped themselves.
And where was Mario Williams last week? HE only had one sack, big deal.

Also Miami should note that Buffalo is not exactly injury free either.
Their secondary is banged up.

Wlliams, Aaron S Head LP
Gilmore, Stephon CB Groin FP
Meeks, Jonathan S Neck LP
Rivers, Keith LB Groin DNP

Prediction - Miami Wins 30 - 23

As Ditka has said, Da Bears lost a game they should have won by turnovers. They had a fumble and 2 picks in losing a close game. Sound familiar to our first game last year, as it was somewhat the same?

Watching the Bills game, damn Chicago moved the ball quite easily against their Defense. A lot like us versus the Pats in the first half but kept shooting themselves in the foot, and Bills making some plays for turnovers. I'm excited to see if this Oline is legit or not and this will be a second showing for them versus a good dline. I think knocking the Pats Dline is an injustice to them, Wilfork, Jones, Ninkovich all play quite well as well as Mayo and Collins. I think other teams fans don't realize that we pushed around a pretty good defense. Hopefully we can keep pushing around teams starting this week with the Bills

EJ Manuel is there QB. He's not as good as people think...

Since Manuel only played 10 games last season, which was his rookie season, it's a bit early to decide whether he's good or bad or in-between. He had a decent game, at least as good as Tannehill, on Sunday. Tannehill, OTOH, has been a starter for two full seasons, and nobody confuses him with Andrew Luck or Russell Wilson.

Don't just take our word for it...ask Belicheat. The Defensive Genius Mastermind (gag) himself couldn't do anything about it. Besides the turnovers, we moved the ball on them all day like they were a driving range.

I hate to rain on your parade, but one game is a pretty small sample size, especially when it's the first game of the season and your team is playing at home. Miami always gives NE trouble anyways. I remember the year that the Fins had like 1 win with an interim HC (Baker?) and NE came into Miami for a night game (MNF?) with 1 or 2 losses and a bead on the SB, and lost.

You have to realize that we had to suffer through the absolute stupidity of Sherman's offense. Any offense that uses concepts that work will look like absolute genius. Add to that the fact it is rare for us to see less than two open receivers on each play. The fact that every play attempts to create matchups to the offenses advantage. We are little bit gidy after suffering through Sherman's offense.

I should add that I am very impressed with Lazor's game plan for the Patriots. We will have to see if he continues to deliver good game plans.

I understand completely. We Buffalo fans suffered through Dick Jauron's philosophy of offense-as-a-necessary-evil for four years before Chan Gailey came aboard. As you said, the question is will the game plans stay diverse.

This is also a big question for the Bills. Nobody really knows about Nathaniel Hackett's offense here in Buffalo except the coaches and players. Last year, it had to be "dumbed down" because we had a rookie QB and then subs. This year in preseason, the Bills kept their offense almost entirely under wraps, using only a handful of plays, so Sunday against Chicago was the first that anyone saw anything with any kind of sophistication. It was pretty good, but we don't know where the offense can or will go this season either.

Watching the Bills game, damn Chicago moved the ball quite easily against their Defense. A lot like us versus the Pats in the first half but kept shooting themselves in the foot, and Bills making some plays for turnovers. I'm excited to see if this Oline is legit or not and this will be a second showing for them versus a good dline. I think knocking the Pats Dline is an injustice to them, Wilfork, Jones, Ninkovich all play quite well as well as Mayo and Collins. I think other teams fans don't realize that we pushed around a pretty good defense. Hopefully we can keep pushing around teams starting this week with the Bills

If we dont turn the ball over and score 24+ Its a W. No way Henderson holds Wake at bay no pun intended.

First off DaQuix , hooshoops was talking about OUR oline not the Jills oline. Albert and James are all stars when compared to the garbage that lined up at tackle last season. If you are gonna troll, try using your brain.

First off DaQuix , hooshoops was talking about OUR oline not the Jills oline. Albert and James are all stars when compared to the garbage that lined up at tackle last season. If you are gonna troll, try using your brain.

I've been here for over a decade. I'm no troll.

Our oline is miles better at tackle alone...and it's better across the board scheme fit wise

It's better, but miles better? We will know by Sunday arvo. I can't split the teams tbh. I think our WR are better, but the running game is slightly in the bills favour. Been a Jackson fan for years, and he is always reliable. There defence line is one of the best in the league, and we may well struggle. It's far too early to anoint out o line as fixed, but if we hold our own against Williams and co, then yeah, we are on the way.

But I can't split the teams. This game will be very close, very very close.

It's better, but miles better? We will know by Sunday arvo. I can't split the teams tbh. I think our WR are better, but the running game is slightly in the bills favour. Been a Jackson fan for years, and he is always reliable. There defence line is one of the best in the league, and we may well struggle. It's far too early to anoint out o line as fixed, but if we hold our own against Williams and co, then yeah, we are on the way.

But I can't split the teams. This game will be very close, very very close.

the short area lateral athletes at tackle are yes miles better than what we had last year...and it's a big deal...clabo and mckinnie couldn't bend and move laterally like these guys can in short areas so they rarely recovered when beaten early and gave the qb even that extra .10 of a second that can make a difference

i don't know what will happen in this game but we are much better off at tackle now i know that much...and that was a big problem for us in the bills games last year...we may still blow an assignment although the awareness looks pretty good to me also but the technique and the lateral athlete in a short space will be very good

That's very interesting.

If what you said (in bold) is true, it could be a long day for your pass rush.

Fred Jackson is the anti-flank. One of the best in the NFL.

So far, according to you, every position on your team is one of the best in the NFL, DL, OL, WR, RB's, if you're one of the best in the NFL, why have you not been to playoffs in such a long time? Ridiculous Bills homerism!! Sorry, but Miami wins this one, 27-14, I will predict 2 TO's by Manuel.

It's always funny to see the reactions on this board.

That was not a negative post by that guy, there is NOTHING negative in what he posted. I saw a similar reaction on another thread here.

It's all roses and dandelions with some people or the world is about to end. And ANYTHING that doesn't sound like beh, eh, eh or MOOOOOOO is negative and MUST be dealt with. :chuckle: :finnasty:

So far, according to you, every position on your team is one of the best in the NFL, DL, OL, WR, RB's, if you're one of the best in the NFL, why have you not been to playoffs in such a long time? Ridiculous Bills homerism!! Sorry, but Miami wins this one, 27-14, I will predict 2 TO's by Manuel.

Did you quote the wrong person?

Our DL and RB's are one of the best in the NFL.

I said our OL is "pretty good".

And I never said our WR's were anything other than average.

I also said, multiple times, that I see Miami winning this game. Im not sure what youre talking about.

Back
Top Bottom