Bills are "taking a hard look" at free agent TE Charles Clay. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bills are "taking a hard look" at free agent TE Charles Clay.

Tiko377

Active Roster
Reaction score
According to Vic Carucci of The Buffalo News, the Bills are "taking a hard look" at free agent TE Charles Clay.

A well-rounded talent, Clay is a solid blocker as well as an able pass-catcher out of the backfield. Clay would be a significant upgrade over Buffalo's current starter at tight end, Scott Chandler. We have Clay ranked third among free agent tight ends.
Related: Bills

Source: The Buffalo News
Feb 22 - 12:39 PM

Per Roto: Bills eye Clay

Charles Clay - TE - Dolphins

According to Vic Carucci of The Buffalo News, the Bills are "taking a hard look" at free agent TE Charles Clay.

A well-rounded talent, Clay is a solid blocker as well as an able pass-catcher out of the backfield. Clay would be a significant upgrade over Buffalo's current starter at tight end, Scott Chandler. We have Clay ranked third among free agent tight ends.
Related: Bills

Source: The Buffalo news

He's an important resign for Miami . . . he's gonna get some nice offers in free agency.

Need to resign Clay. Can't afford to take away weapons away from Tannehill. Clay is one of his favorite weapons

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wouldn't exactly call Clay a "solid blocker", but he's a mismatch guy that we should definitely try to keep. If we can pair him with a bigger redzone threat guy, that would be ideal.

Clay is a playmaker, would love to resign and hate for another AFC East team to get him...where does it end

I'd think they'd have to offer a pretty sweet deal to draw him there. You have to spend half a year or more in Buffalo. Plus taxes in NY are some of the worst.

I'd definitely be more worried if Jeff "lowball" Ireland was the GM.

That guy didn't have a clue. He'd either lowball the **** out of guys he didn't want or overpay for guys that didn't deserve it.

Clay is a very solid blocker on the run, and made a difference but, needs work on the pass protect. He makes plays and gets tuff YAC's. Mr. Bill even game planned to stop him over Wallace, which tells you something. It was sad that he had to deal with a second knee injury. If not for that, I believe he would have had a Big year and may have even been worth considering a franchise tag. Did not happen, and that same knee i9s a concern for me, altho0ugh I( still want to keep him as the best avai9lable option for thi8s team.

Back
Top Bottom