Bills are "taking a hard look" at free agent TE Charles Clay. | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bills are "taking a hard look" at free agent TE Charles Clay.

Clay has done well for us but he definitely can be upgraded

I'll admit, Charles Clay isn't a bonafide stud in a league with several guys like that at TE. But with slim pickings in the draft and overpaid options in free agency, he's clearly a guy you have to bring back. He's a very important piece to this offense. Wallace, Landry, Clay, Miller . . . . you have your core with those 4 guys . . . and you want to add a guy opposite of Wallace to finish off your primary skill position guys on offense. We can't afford to subtract from that group.

We spent a long time developing Clay

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One more thing I could not resist. On deep throw (over 20 in the air), he caught 5 of 8 for 144 yards and a TD.

One more thing I could not resist. On deep throw (over 20 in the air), he caught 5 of 8 for 144 yards and a TD.

No doubt that him and Tannehill have a good connection on deep throws. To bad he wasn't healthy most of the year.

I'll admit, Charles Clay isn't a bonafide stud in a league with several guys like that at TE. But with slim pickings in the draft and overpaid options in free agency, he's clearly a guy you have to bring back. He's a very important piece to this offense. Wallace, Landry, Clay, Miller . . . . you have your core with those 4 guys . . . and you want to add a guy opposite of Wallace to finish off your primary skill position guys on offense. We can't afford to subtract from that group.

agreed... dont need a stud, you need a worker that produces. thats what he does for us with solid ability thats improving, and he is reliable too. hopefully healthy next year, but he is great guy to have!!! we need to resign him and not worry about the TE position for the rest of the off season!!!

Denver will have serious interest in Clay if J thomas hits the market.

I'm torn on Clay, if you let him walk then what? there is no guarantee we will find a better replacement. On the other hand, is he really that hard to replace? He is kind of a jack of all trades player but one thing he is not is an end zone threat. Maybe Sims can be that guy but we don't know for sure. I believe had Keller stayed healthy he would have had a pro bowl year in 2013. Clay is a guy that is hard to dislike but I just have this feeling we can do better. I agree with Armando and think we should, re-sign Clay and go after Thomas or Cameron. Yes we have other needs but our offense is on the verge of being a top scoring unit. Do as the Pats do, go big or go home.

The rumormill with the guys that claim to have sources in the FO. (Will caveat that with most are really reliable). Say that Clay will be their NO1 target if he hits the market Roman loves him they are saying.

Need to resign Clay. Can't afford to take away weapons away from Tannehill. Clay is one of his favorite weapons

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I agree. And I think one important thing about Clay is he is not just a guy who catches over the middle in slants. He has really never been that seam threat type for us but he can catch it short and fight for yards...even catches it at the LOS and fights up field if you remember last year when he was healthy. Those are important yards, especially for our offense. I don't even know if a deep slant guy would get used to his strengths. Our offense so far with Tannehill seems like it may be a spread the ball around and use Tannehill's legs to just keep attacking short and wide. Clay may be best for that anyway. Gotta keep our players who fit well together.

Not that I'd be upset if a Jimmy Graham type fell into our laps though! Can't hurt to try those deeper middle routes.:lol:

Would be fitting if we let him escape to Barfalo.. Dolphins gonna Dolphin

And....its Buffalo.

With no QB

---------- Post added at 07:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:00 PM ----------

The rumormill with the guys that claim to have sources in the FO. (Will caveat that with most are really reliable). Say that Clay will be their NO1 target if he hits the market Roman loves him they are saying.

Let's hope we learned our lesson from Welker and we keep Clay

With no QB

---------- Post added at 07:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:00 PM ----------

Let's hope we learned our lesson from Welker and we keep Clay

Would that lesson be a player with 1 td in 3 years who started 3 games here in Miami goes to a team with a hall of fame QB
and becomes very successful?

Clay is one of the few Miami players that fights like he gives a damn. Dude doesn't want to go down. he's the polar opposite of Hartline, we need him. Resign please!

Back
Top Bottom