Bills Fan Here | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bills Fan Here

T be honest, I don't see anybody in the AFC that is on the Steelers level.

Im not sold on TO either.. I ultimately do not think he will help buffalo and was jumping for joy when i heard they signed him. The only thing that will throw off Smith if he is covering TO is TO's route running, if TO can beat Smith in his routes, it'll be a long day for smith.. Given Buffalo's OL can block our front 7, which I do not think they will be able to do. If Buffalo does not get off to a fast start, we should all (Bills fans included) fully expect TO to break down by week 4 and completely ruin Buffalo's season

A very realistic scenario. Is it asanine to think that Buffalo has the most talented set of RB's/WR's in the NFL? I don't see too many others - maybe Arizona - who have our depth. That is one reason to be optimistic as a Bills fan.

In addition to new arrivals, the Dolphins seem to be doing a nice job of developing talent. Our DE position should actually get some good pressure on the QB this season. Taylor and Porter have backups that can actually rush the passer. Our O-line should be able to generate holes for the RB's, and R. Brown should run better. Also, it's Pennington's second year in the system, and Fasano and Ginn should have better seasons.

Hopefully this will be true because the OL gave no indication during preseason that they could consistently run block.

Yes, Will Allen is Will Allen, any ball thrown in the vicinity of Sean Smith that isn't precisely placed is for all intents and purposes a "jump ball," and Davis's physical tackles will leave an imprint on the minds your receivers. And then there's Bell and Gabril.

I've read the opinions on some Bills Forums as well as linked articles about how this is a "make or break" it year for Trent Edwards. I can't help but think if things go badly for TO before week 4 , it will have already undermined what remains of Trent's confidence by the time you arrive in Miami. In a team-oriented environment, TO would be happy for diverting attention away from Evans to make his receptions. But we know that's not gonna happen. You have a unprepared, fledgling OC, a HC who's had 1 winning season in 9 and a recent history of swooning as the seasons wound down. This is compared to a master strategist in Henning, a HC who many believed deserved to be COTY, a formidible and now enhanced D, and the 6th youngest team, most of whom don't have losing as part of their DNA. As a result, I don't see a confident, well coached and united team rolling in here and leaving victorious, no matter how talented your WRs are.

I've heard a lot of people hyping up Mr. Smith on whotheman dot com. The pick he had against the Saints was definitely nasty. I'm not sure if he's ready to take on someone the caliber of TO yet. He may get burned a few times.

Wake is primarily a OLB, because of the reasons you previously stated. Smith will surely take some bumps and bruises, but he has been one of the more surprising draft picks to emerge this offseason. He has a great deal of potential. He is 6'3" and a former WR, so he has good ball skills. Also, by the way, that wasn't his first one handed Int.......so he has quite a few of us dolphin fans really excited.

And what is up with Marshawn Lynch? Suspended for four games isn't it? Or maybe three. Either way, he has got to be a better citizen than that, if he is going to make a name for himself. All i know about him at this point is that he LOVES Applebees, which is kind of silly.

A very realistic scenario. Is it asanine to think that Buffalo has the most talented set of RB's/WR's in the NFL? I don't see too many others - maybe Arizona - who have our depth. That is one reason to be optimistic as a Bills fan.

I don't think it is asinine at all.

The Bills have the potential, Lee Evans and TO could be unstoppable (Talent-wise)

Marshawn Lynch is a beast, although I'm not sure why you guys dumped Rhodes....

The problem is the surrounding cast, and non-talent related issues.

Edwards has looked great at times, but other times he just implodes on himself.

Teams are only as strong as their weakest link, and even if Evans and Owens were in fact the best receiver tandem in the league, that does not mean your team will be successful.

When Parcells and Sparano came in they built us from the bottom up. Improve the bottom 25 players on the roster, then start plugging in shiney new toys once the team is solid and stable.

Unfortunately, with all the turmoil in the Bills locker room it doesnt matter how good your top 5 players are, it is how bad your bottom 5 players are.

Yes, Will Allen is Will Allen, any ball thrown in the vicinity of Sean Smith that isn't precisely placed is for all intents and purposes a "jump ball," and Davis's physical tackles will leave an imprint on the minds your receivers. And then there's Bell and Gabril.

I've read the opinions on some Bills Forums as well as linked articles about how this is a "make or break" it year for Trent Edwards. I can't help but think if things go badly for TO before week 4 , it will have already undermined what remains of Trent's confidence by the time you arrive in Miami. In a team-oriented environment, TO would be happy for diverting attention away from Evans to make his receptions. But we know that's not gonna happen. You have a unprepared, fledgling OC, a HC who's had 1 winning season in 9 and a recent history of swooning as the seasons wound down. This is compared to a master strategist in Henning, a HC who many believed deserved to be COTY, a formidible and now enhanced D, and the 6th youngest team, most of whom don't have losing as part of their DNA. As a result, I don't see a confident, well coached and united team rolling in here and leaving victorious, no matter how talented your WRs are.

Very articulate and insightful - great post. What you say may very likely occur. I've been in favour of canning Dickie J. for a few years now and having a green OC inserted one week before the opener isn't exactly ideal. But adding someone like TO adds an intimidating play-maker that the Bills haven't had in over a decade. He commands attention and should open things up for Trent. Like someone said on a Buffalo radio station: "TO is the Buffalo football stimulus package".

The problem with TO is he’s proven poison – and now with old age and turf toe he ain’t NO game breaker, which should really put his ‘tude into deep dark place. I’d say he’s a compulsive narcissist with at least recessive megalomania – so when the excrement hits the fan it could get really smelly around Buffalo.

IMO bringing in TO looks like a classic desperation move to save jobs up there, and hanging your fate on a flake like Owens is very high risk and almost certainly deadly…

The Bills have some talent at the skill positions, no arguing that. But if your O-line can pass block any better than they have it won't let the bills maximize that talent.

The Bills secondary isn't bad either, but their inability to generate a pass rush isn't going to help the secondary....this is why when our FO got here the first thing they did was build from the inside out....the Bills seem to be trying to do the reverse.

You definitely have very good 1st and 2nd WR, [but assuming how Hardy does], there is a significant drop off after that.. We know evans is a class act, if TO does not implode, id rate ur WR's in the top 10 easily. But the TO implosion is all factoring on if edwards can get him 6 to 8 catches EVERY game, and with the pressure your OL gives up, its gonna be tough to get TO the ball... Good thing you got rid of Peters, for your sake.. He might not even start in Philly.

I highly doubt that.

I've heard a lot of people hyping up Mr. Smith on whotheman dot com. The pick he had against the Saints was definitely nasty. I'm not sure if he's ready to take on someone the caliber of TO yet. He may get burned a few times.

Trent Edwards has looked horrible in the pre-season, but that was without TO and against some top notch defenses (without a real game plan). My question to you is: what upgrades have the Dolphins made to combat the upgrades the Bills have made to bolster their aerial attack? I've heard good things about Sean Smith - but he's a rookie.

It is not too late for you to step into the light!

Become a Dolphins fan and push for a Bills-free NFL!!!! :)

Do this before it is too late...as Miami is set to skin the Bills alive this season! :)

The Bills biggest problem is coaching, as Fin followers we know this better than anyone, since Shula left this is the first time that I'm excited about the season, last year it was show me time for Sparano and he delivered.
The bad head coach and Gm is what will kill the Bills, you have some nice pieces but no real strong coaching or vision.

Rev Kev - nobody has bashed me....yet lol

Allen and Bell are fairly solid. Wilson is seemingly a good signing but I'm wondering if his success with NYG was a product of the pass rush their DL's were able to generate rather than his actual ability. With this in mind, Joey Porter vs Langston Walker will turn out to be a pivotal match-up....and I'm not too confident about it lol

LOL! Your LT matchup just got even worse:

The Bills have reportedly released LT Langston Walker.

The move had been in the works since training camp, when developmental project Demetrius Bell began pushing him. The Bills tried to trade Walker for draft picks but unsurprisingly found no takers. Expect the raw, but athletic Bell to move into the starting lineup, adding further growing pains to the Bills revamped offensive line.

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playernews.aspx?sport=NFL

T be honest, I don't see anybody in the AFC that is on the Steelers level.

I do think Baltimore is on their level, do your remember the games between the 2 from last year, all classics and came down to the end on both games.. those 2 will be exciting football, Thank God they're in the same division.. Our O is the biggest question mark for me.. can they be explosive, that's the question I have.. I think our D can be one of the best this year..provided they've learned how to tackle..:lol:

Back
Top Bottom