Bills fan's take on game | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bills fan's take on game

The Bopkin

Seasoned Veteran
Club Member
Reaction score
So, I debated with myself whether I should post this video, but then I figured, what the hell. If you don't like it, don't watch it.
It's a Bills fan podcaster talking about the game. He just makes up excuses (injuries, heat) for why Buffalo lost, says "if you ever want to feel good about losing game, this is it"... It's homerism to the max, fair warning. But it's entertaining in a "that guy can't see the truth" kind of way.

Laugh all you want at the Bills, but this is a team that knows they are good and they played this game in very adverse circumstances that had a huge affect on the game. This game meant a lot more to Miami than it did to Buffalo. For us it might as well have been our Super Bowl, for them it was week 3.

I'm happy to get the win, you take them wherever you get, and you don't get to be a playoff team without utilizing such things as home field advantage. But if you're the Bills trying to rationalize things of course you're gonna know all those things that influenced the outcome.

The run of 2016 was started by beating Pittsburgh in Jay Ajayi's breakout game. They were a way better team and I expected a bloodbath at their hands, and the opposite happened. Those same Pittsburgh Steelers were the ones who easily dismissed us in the playoffs. When Mike Tomlin talked about how he felt about facing us again after the game, he didn't mention the numerous players that were out that were gonna make the game a different game. He said he didn't worry about it because of the way the weather impacted the first game.

That's just the facts sometimes. We know that weather in Miami creates home field advantage, we wear boring all white uniforms because of it, why do we act like opposing fans and coaches are just butthurt when they point out the obvious?

Laugh all you want at the Bills, but this is a team that knows they are good and they played this game in very adverse circumstances that had a huge affect on the game. This game meant a lot more to Miami than it did to Buffalo. For us it might as well have been our Super Bowl, for them it was week 3.

I'm happy to get the win, you take them wherever you get, and you don't get to be a playoff team without utilizing such things as home field advantage. But if you're the Bills trying to rationalize things of course you're gonna know all those things that influenced the outcome.

The run of 2016 was started by beating Pittsburgh in Jay Ajayi's breakout game. They were a way better team and I expected a bloodbath at their hands, and the opposite happened. Those same Pittsburgh Steelers were the ones who easily dismissed us in the playoffs. When Mike Tomlin talked about how he felt about facing us again after the game, he didn't mention the numerous players that were out that were gonna make the game a different game. He said he didn't worry about it because of the way the weather impacted the first game.

That's just the facts sometimes. We know that weather in Miami creates home field advantage, we wear boring all white uniforms because of it, why do we act like opposing fans and coaches are just butthurt when they point out the obvious?
I am not sure about the “adverse” circumstances comment.

Their best unit was full strength going into the game and stayed on the field for 2/3 of the game, yet could only muster 2 touchdowns. The Fins game plan defensively gave up the short underneath stuff but eliminated the big play and it worked. Our offense was efficient in the few times it had the ball And both teams made mistakes that hurt themselves.

I certainly didn’t see a Bills team that just viewed this as just another game…..they wanted this game every bit as much as we did and couldn’t do it

Their best unit was full strength going into the game and stayed on the field for 2/3 of the game, yet could only muster 2 touchdowns. The Fins game plan defensively gave up the short underneath stuff but eliminated the big play and it worked. Our offense was efficient in the few times it had the ball And both teams made mistakes that hurt themselves.

I certainly didn’t see a Bills team that just viewed this as just another game…..they wanted this game every bit as much as we did and couldn’t do it
Their best unit had their best players going off the field every other play due to cramping issues.

Their best unit had their best players going off the field every other play due to cramping issues.
They should have prepared better. You didn't see that happen two weeks ago to Belicheat's team. Hell, I've never seen it that bad. It's like those idiots all went out drinking last night.

They should have prepared better. You didn't see that happen two weeks ago to Belicheat's team. Hell, I've never seen it that bad. It's like those idiots all went out drinking last night.
I don't disagree, but while Bellichek seems to be struggling at some thigns these days you won't ever see a team of his unprepared in a facet of a game like that.

I still remember when we opened a season against them in a night game and we were the team whose players kept cramping and what started our as like a 14-14 game or something up with New England winning by like 30 points.

The bills OC certainly made it seem like they didn't think this was "just another reg season game"

Buffalo had an insane time of possession of 40:40. Miami might be more accustomed to the heat but they are certainly not immune to it. If our defense had collapsed and we had lost the game at the end I would not have been surprised considering they spent 2/3 of the game out on the field.

Most of their injuries were on the defensive side, so there's no excuse for their offense to put up only 17 points on what should have been a gassed defense. This is where Buffalo failed, being unable to capitalize on this.

Nope. Don't buy it.

Bills fans were chanting "Tua sucks" on national TV before playing the TITANS. If we're in the fans' heads then we're in the players' heads too.

This wasn't just another game to Buffalo.

They can start crying legit about the sun when they build a dome for the Buffalo winter.

I'm so sick of hearing about the heat being a problem for them. Nobody can ever be prepared for 100+ degree weather. Both teams played in the exact same conditions. These are grown ass men who get paid millions of dollars. Suck it up. We beat them and there 12 time outs fair and square

My brother this team has absolutely no comparisons to 2016. We haven’t seen a legit good dolphin team in 30 years. Maybe you are too young to remember the feeling but you need to sit back and enjoy this season. We have a real chance here. We haven’t even reached out full potential yet. Enjoy the moment

Back
Top Bottom