Bills fan's take on game | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bills fan's take on game

Laugh all you want at the Bills, but this is a team that knows they are good and they played this game in very adverse circumstances that had a huge affect on the game. This game meant a lot more to Miami than it did to Buffalo. For us it might as well have been our Super Bowl, for them it was week 3.

I'm happy to get the win, you take them wherever you get, and you don't get to be a playoff team without utilizing such things as home field advantage. But if you're the Bills trying to rationalize things of course you're gonna know all those things that influenced the outcome.

The run of 2016 was started by beating Pittsburgh in Jay Ajayi's breakout game. They were a way better team and I expected a bloodbath at their hands, and the opposite happened. Those same Pittsburgh Steelers were the ones who easily dismissed us in the playoffs. When Mike Tomlin talked about how he felt about facing us again after the game, he didn't mention the numerous players that were out that were gonna make the game a different game. He said he didn't worry about it because of the way the weather impacted the first game.

That's just the facts sometimes. We know that weather in Miami creates home field advantage, we wear boring all white uniforms because of it, why do we act like opposing fans and coaches are just butthurt when they point out the obvious?
Bullsh$t if you think this was just a week 3 game for the Bills. The Dolphins are their primary threat for the division. They know that. The Bills like to run it up on us and try to break our will. Up until now, they’ve been able to do that. Did it look like the Bills didn’t care about this game? If so, you watched a different game. Also, this team has zero similarities to 2016.

Last edited:
This Bills team is a serial winner, they have passion, drive, determination, spirit, grit, moxy - They have it all. They are battle hardened, they came within a whisker of making it to the big one last year and that will have eaten at them all off season. There is no way in hell they overlooked us. Winners want to win every game. That's what they do.

We beat them fair and square on the day. Injuries are a part of the game. Nobody remembers the teams that didn't win the Super Bowl because they had a long injury list. It will be a different ball game up north later in the year, but that's all part of the fun, it's what makes this game unique, I can't think of another sport where teams have the weather on their side like football home field advantage - I love it!

Laugh all you want at the Bills, but this is a team that knows they are good and they played this game in very adverse circumstances that had a huge affect on the game. This game meant a lot more to Miami than it did to Buffalo. For us it might as well have been our Super Bowl, for them it was week 3.

I'm happy to get the win, you take them wherever you get, and you don't get to be a playoff team without utilizing such things as home field advantage. But if you're the Bills trying to rationalize things of course you're gonna know all those things that influenced the outcome.

The run of 2016 was started by beating Pittsburgh in Jay Ajayi's breakout game. They were a way better team and I expected a bloodbath at their hands, and the opposite happened. Those same Pittsburgh Steelers were the ones who easily dismissed us in the playoffs. When Mike Tomlin talked about how he felt about facing us again after the game, he didn't mention the numerous players that were out that were gonna make the game a different game. He said he didn't worry about it because of the way the weather impacted the first game.

That's just the facts sometimes. We know that weather in Miami creates home field advantage, we wear boring all white uniforms because of it, why do we act like opposing fans and coaches are just butthurt when they point out the obvious?
And if Miami doesn't drop one of the 3 picks (one was a pick 6) the game looks differently as well. There are always a lot of what if's in football. Bottom line is The Bills offense is a machine, but the Dolphins kept them out of the endzone. Miami WON this game.

This Bills team is a serial winner, they have passion, drive, determination, spirit, grit, moxy - They have it all. They are battle hardened, they came within a whisker of making it to the big one last year and that will have eaten at them all off season. There is no way in hell they overlooked us. Winners want to win every game. That's what they do.

We beat them fair and square on the day. Injuries are a part of the game. Nobody remembers the teams that didn't win the Super Bowl because they had a long injury list. It will be a different ball game up north later in the year, but that's all part of the fun, it's what makes this game unique, I can't think of another sport where teams have the weather on their side like football home field advantage - I love it!
Agreed, this ain't the same ole dolphins of the past 20yrs, we are finding ways to win using all phases!

Speaking of injuries, you or anyone have a list of notable players that might not be ready for thursday vs Cincinnati? I'm a bit concerned after such a hard fought game and short turnaround.

And for the first time in a very long time, I have confidence in our coaching staff for not only having prepared the team with a solid game plan, but also being able to execute it.

Losers make excuses. Sorry Buff fans, you have a very good team but perhaps there are some weak points exposed in close games (e.g., not making the big pass on 4th and goal, having below average clock management skills / situational awareness).

Fans who complain about the heat in Miami aren't complaining about the -10 degree wind chill in December. These people think Miami can practice in a freezer for a week to get acclimated...

And not to mention, many of the Bills players on the field yesterday *grew up in that Florida heat*.

Yeah....this is a weak argument. Our defense was on the field just as long as their offense and seemed to survive just fine.
And guys like Ogbah, Holland, and X made critical plays. Conditioning.

McDermott got the schedule in April. He had every opportunity to get his team conditioned instead of flopping the whole game.

Man does it feel awesome to hear other fanbases make excuses about losing to us. I’ve been waiting 20 years for this.

The sun was totally on our team. And the injuries, too. Fluke plays. Refs. Boy were we lucky. They should probably go ahead and change the standings—the Bills are, like, second place-and-a-half.

So, I debated with myself whether I should post this video, but then I figured, what the hell. If you don't like it, don't watch it.
It's a Bills fan podcaster talking about the game. He just makes up excuses (injuries, heat) for why Buffalo lost, says "if you ever want to feel good about losing game, this is it"... It's homerism to the max, fair warning. But it's entertaining in a "that guy can't see the truth" kind of way.
im only a few minutes into the video and he is talking like the bills won somehow? they over came injuries etc etc? how can you consider losing overcoming those things? im confused.

i dont think anyone is laughing at the bills. we are making fun of their fans and the media who seem to use excuses for all other teams except miami.

Their best unit had their best players going off the field every other play due to cramping issues.
and they were given at least 3 free timeouts, 1 of which lasted for almost 5 minutes. when we go to buffalo in the winter, the story is about how tua needs to learn how to play in the cold. why isnt it the same for buffalo and the heat down here?

Back
Top Bottom