Bills fan's take on game | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bills fan's take on game

Agreed, this ain't the same ole dolphins of the past 20yrs, we are finding ways to win using all phases!

Speaking of injuries, you or anyone have a list of notable players that might not be ready for thursday vs Cincinnati? I'm a bit concerned after such a hard fought game and short turnaround.
This is definitely not the same Dolphins team of the past 20 years. If it was, we would move the ball well between redzones and then stall and kick a field goal. since Tua came along, its really been all TDs mostly. Tua is fire in the redzone!

I think talk about the weather at scale is reasonable, but it is not the reason the Bills lost. League rules state that visiting teams are only allowed the same tools being used on the home team sideline. I have no issue with the visiting team being disadvantaged in the sun and the home team being in the shade.

But there are reports of the temperature differential being 30 degree between sidelines at Hard Rock. So yesterday you have a visiting to in 110 degree heat (reported as on field temp) without fans/misters or cooling benches, while the other team is in 80 degree shade with no need for cooling systems. It seems reasonable to allow the visiting team to use a cooling bench and/or fans as they see fit.

The difference in the cold is that there would never be one team with heated benches and jackets with the other just standing in the elements.

I think talk about the weather at scale is reasonable, but it is not the reason the Bills lost. League rules state that visiting teams are only allowed the same tools being used on the home team sideline. I have no issue with the visiting team being disadvantaged in the sun and the home team being in the shade.

But there are reports of the temperature differential being 30 degree between sidelines at Hard Rock. So yesterday you have a visiting to in 110 degree heat (reported as on field temp) without fans/misters or cooling benches, while the other team is in 80 degree shade with no need for cooling systems. It seems reasonable to allow the visiting team to use a cooling bench and/or fans as they see fit.

The difference in the cold is that there would never be one team with heated benches and jackets with the other just standing in the elements.
It's called home field advantage.

I disagree with league rules and your version of homefield advantage. In 110 degree heat any team should be allowed AC if they want it, regardless of what they are doing on the other side of the field.

Any team should also be afforded a heated bench/heaters in GB or Minny when its cold out. Even if it isn't turned on on the other sideline.

Huh? Bills had little shade shelters and Air Conditioned benches

Laugh all you want at the Bills, but this is a team that knows they are good and they played this game in very adverse circumstances that had a huge affect on the game. This game meant a lot more to Miami than it did to Buffalo. For us it might as well have been our Super Bowl, for them it was week 3.

I'm happy to get the win, you take them wherever you get, and you don't get to be a playoff team without utilizing such things as home field advantage. But if you're the Bills trying to rationalize things of course you're gonna know all those things that influenced the outcome.

The run of 2016 was started by beating Pittsburgh in Jay Ajayi's breakout game. They were a way better team and I expected a bloodbath at their hands, and the opposite happened. Those same Pittsburgh Steelers were the ones who easily dismissed us in the playoffs. When Mike Tomlin talked about how he felt about facing us again after the game, he didn't mention the numerous players that were out that were gonna make the game a different game. He said he didn't worry about it because of the way the weather impacted the first game.

That's just the facts sometimes. We know that weather in Miami creates home field advantage, we wear boring all white uniforms because of it, why do we act like opposing fans and coaches are just butthurt when they point out the obvious?
Because it seems like (yet another) attempt to rationalize away a Miami Dolphins victory when everyone gave them no shot. The Bills have a massive homefield advantage in December/January, yet Fin fans would be laughed out of the room if they complained that it was somehow unfair or was the main reason for a loss. No national pundit/talking head would make the claim on their show.

The goal post moving is tiring. First it was that Miami couldn't win with Tua. Then it was that Miami could win with Tua, but only because the defense would overcome his limitations. Then it was that Hill was going to rot in Miami because Tua couldn't throw deep. After Baltimore? 'Well sure Tua can throw deep but anyone could do that, look at the busted coverages! Buffalo will rout Miami next week.' Now that Miami has beaten Buffalo? 'The heat! The secondary was depleted! Look at the injuries!' As if their entire offense wasn't at full-strength (minus the suspended o-lineman) and all the pundits were still taking Buffalo to win after seeing the injury report.

Folks are making it out to seem like Buffalo lost this game rather than Miami winning it. Oh well, it's not the end of the world, but it's definitely annoying.

I disagree with league rules and your version of homefield advantage. In 110 degree heat any team should be allowed AC if they want it, regardless of what they are doing on the other side of the field.

Any team should also be afforded a heated bench/heaters in GB or Minny when its cold out. Even if it isn't turned on on the other sideline.
No one stopped the Bills from bringing anything to the stadium.

i dont think anyone is laughing at the bills. we are making fun of their fans and the media who seem to use excuses for all other teams except miami.
Yeah, I personally know a lot of really great people who are Bills fans. And I don't mind the Bills fans that post on here. Honestly, my position for a long time was if we weren't gonna be the ones to win the division, they should be the ones to take it. But man, I am seeing a ton of people who are just absolutely cannot come to terms with the fact that they fairly lost a game. They can't admit that Miami did anything right. As if the scoreboard didn't exist.

That organization is a very talented one right now and they've shown the capability to dominate a lot of the league. But there is so much softness that emanates from that organization and a lot of its fans right now. Once that team ascended to being good suddenly the idea that they could just be outplayed fair and square went out the window. It's always the weather, or the rules, or some other reason why they were cheated. And you don't have the ability to deal with adversity that championship caliber teams have to have. You can't just be a good team when things are going good - the really good teams win when they're at the best, and steal others when they aren't, and I just don't see that in the Bills or Josh Allen right now. I see a team that has the expectation and confidence that they will dominates, and will mercilessly impose its will when able, but when things go bad they look around for somebody else to fix the conditions so they can get back to dominating like they would if things were "fair".

I think its pretty universal that championship hopefuls don't like losing, and Brady and the Pats were no exception, but some of them hate losing so much that they are gonna have three bad quarters of football and then play the 4th quarter of their lives to make you beat them. And I don't see that with the Bills right now.

Back
Top Bottom