Bills fan's take on game | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bills fan's take on game

Oh man I just took a look at a Bills forum. I went there earlier this week to lurk. They actually linked to our pre-game thread here at Finheaven. Their fans were laughing at us, saying how delusional we were, that we didn't stand a chance. Now? Nothing but excuses. NFL needs to investigate Tua for coming back into the game! NFL needs to step in and do something about the heat in Miami before someone dies! The Dolphins are worse cheaters than the Pats for building their stadium how they did! And on and on.

Just take the L guys.

Brining vs using are different. I had heard that since the Dolphins did not use cooling benches the Bills were not able to use theirs. Those are the NFL rules.

Laugh all you want at the Bills, but this is a team that knows they are good and they played this game in very adverse circumstances that had a huge affect on the game. This game meant a lot more to Miami than it did to Buffalo. For us it might as well have been our Super Bowl, for them it was week 3.

I'm happy to get the win, you take them wherever you get, and you don't get to be a playoff team without utilizing such things as home field advantage. But if you're the Bills trying to rationalize things of course you're gonna know all those things that influenced the outcome.

The run of 2016 was started by beating Pittsburgh in Jay Ajayi's breakout game. They were a way better team and I expected a bloodbath at their hands, and the opposite happened. Those same Pittsburgh Steelers were the ones who easily dismissed us in the playoffs. When Mike Tomlin talked about how he felt about facing us again after the game, he didn't mention the numerous players that were out that were gonna make the game a different game. He said he didn't worry about it because of the way the weather impacted the first game.

That's just the facts sometimes. We know that weather in Miami creates home field advantage, we wear boring all white uniforms because of it, why do we act like opposing fans and coaches are just butthurt when they point out the obvious?
All fine if that's your position but last I checked the Dolphins and in particular the Defense was on the field just as long as their offense. If the Bills feel good about this lost they are not who people said they are. Interesting how Miami players get talked about in cold windy games but somehow when teams play in the heat it's a weather thing. Josh had a TD to put them ahead but he one hopped the throw. Anyone using weather or injuries as an excuse is just full of it and don't want to give Miami the credit they deserve for beating the bills.

Oh man I just took a look at a Bills forum. I went there earlier this week to lurk. They actually linked to our pre-game thread here at Finheaven. Their fans were laughing at us, saying how delusional we were, that we didn't stand a chance. Now? Nothing but excuses. NFL needs to investigate Tua for coming back into the game! NFL needs to step in and do something about the heat in Miami before someone dies! The Dolphins are worse cheaters than the Pats for building their stadium how they did! And on and on.

Just take the L guys.
All very good compliments 🤣 🤣

The Bills fans can make any excuses they want, but there's no excuse for Josh Allen choking on that 4th down pass at the goal line. He's just not a winner, and when you need a big play in a big game, Josh Allen isn't going to give it to you.

The Bills fans can make any excuses they want, but there's no excuse for Josh Allen choking on that 4th down pass at the goal line. He's just not a winner, and when you need a big play in a big game, Josh Allen isn't going to give it to you.

First, I think Buff is one of the top 2 teams in the league and Allen is one of the top QBs. And, like it or not, if they played each other the next 4 weeks, Mia may not win again.
That said, I've watched Buf/Allen play quite a bit. Allen is quite good when in the lead by 10+, which is common. He doesn't seem as though he can operate as well under pressure, particularly in 2H.

Josh Allen is unreal and Buffalo is a championship contender because of him.

Dolphins are an exciting team and getting respect in the league as playoff caliber team. If we beat Cincinnati on a short week after an exhausting Bills game, we’ll be rightfully in the AFC champion conversation with the Chiefs and Bills.

The bills called the correct gameplan vs us dink and dunk entire game to control clock they didn’t want our offense to light them up but any time a QB has to throw 63 passes it’s a recipe for disaster.we had just a little over a quarters worth of ToP an still threw down 21pts let that sink in guys.

The bills called the correct gameplan vs us dink and dunk entire game to control clock they didn’t want our offense to light them up but any time a QB has to throw 63 passes it’s a recipe for disaster.we had just a little over a quarters worth of ToP an still threw down 21pts let that sink in guys.
You could also argue that the Fins had a correct game plan, by giving up all the underneath stuff and taking away the big play ability of the Bills offense. This not only kept the score close, but kept that offense on the field for long extended drives in that Florida heat. I think all of the blitzing we saw was to force Allen into getting the ball out quickly and played into the Fins strategy.

You could also argue that the Fins had a correct game plan, by giving up all the underneath stuff and taking away the big play ability of the Bills offense. This not only kept the score close, but kept that offense on the field for long extended drives in that Florida heat. I think all of the blitzing we saw was to force Allen into getting the ball out quickly and played into the Fins strategy.
It was clearly our defensive strategy. There was one 2nd and 4 where we had our corners 10 yards off and he checked it down for a free first down. You don't run that defensive alignment unless you're trying to do that.

We made them earn it and even though it was super close, PFF gave Josh Allen 6 turnover worthy plays which was the highest of his career. If we had actually capitalized on them, I'd bet the narrative changes more to how our defense shut Allen down as opposed to him playing "so well" and then 100 excuses about the injuries or weather.

Laugh all you want at the Bills, but this is a team that knows they are good and they played this game in very adverse circumstances that had a huge affect on the game. This game meant a lot more to Miami than it did to Buffalo. For us it might as well have been our Super Bowl, for them it was week 3.

I'm happy to get the win, you take them wherever you get, and you don't get to be a playoff team without utilizing such things as home field advantage. But if you're the Bills trying to rationalize things of course you're gonna know all those things that influenced the outcome.

The run of 2016 was started by beating Pittsburgh in Jay Ajayi's breakout game. They were a way better team and I expected a bloodbath at their hands, and the opposite happened. Those same Pittsburgh Steelers were the ones who easily dismissed us in the playoffs. When Mike Tomlin talked about how he felt about facing us again after the game, he didn't mention the numerous players that were out that were gonna make the game a different game. He said he didn't worry about it because of the way the weather impacted the first game.

That's just the facts sometimes. We know that weather in Miami creates home field advantage, we wear boring all white uniforms because of it, why do we act like opposing fans and coaches are just butthurt when they point out the obvious?
It seemed to mean a lot to Dorsey......

It was clearly our defensive strategy. There was one 2nd and 4 where we had our corners 10 yards off and he checked it down for a free first down. You don't run that defensive alignment unless you're trying to do that.

We made them earn it and even though it was super close, PFF gave Josh Allen 6 turnover worthy plays which was the highest of his career. If we had actually capitalized on them, I'd bet the narrative changes more to how our defense shut Allen down as opposed to him playing "so well" and then 100 excuses about the injuries or weather.
The D for the first time against Allen did two things 1) they actually got pressure on him and 2) they confused him with some of their looks. These are hard things to do and frankly made the difference. When the Bills condensed into the red zone it paid off.

Did Miami get lucky, Ok sure but so did the Bills on several plays. Hellva a game by both teams.

Yeah, I personally know a lot of really great people who are Bills fans. And I don't mind the Bills fans that post on here. Honestly, my position for a long time was if we weren't gonna be the ones to win the division, they should be the ones to take it. But man, I am seeing a ton of people who are just absolutely cannot come to terms with the fact that they fairly lost a game. They can't admit that Miami did anything right. As if the scoreboard didn't exist.

That organization is a very talented one right now and they've shown the capability to dominate a lot of the league. But there is so much softness that emanates from that organization and a lot of its fans right now. Once that team ascended to being good suddenly the idea that they could just be outplayed fair and square went out the window. It's always the weather, or the rules, or some other reason why they were cheated. And you don't have the ability to deal with adversity that championship caliber teams have to have. You can't just be a good team when things are going good - the really good teams win when they're at the best, and steal others when they aren't, and I just don't see that in the Bills or Josh Allen right now. I see a team that has the expectation and confidence that they will dominates, and will mercilessly impose its will when able, but when things go bad they look around for somebody else to fix the conditions so they can get back to dominating like they would if things were "fair".

I think its pretty universal that championship hopefuls don't like losing, and Brady and the Pats were no exception, but some of them hate losing so much that they are gonna have three bad quarters of football and then play the 4th quarter of their lives to make you beat them. And I don't see that with the Bills right now.

No team likes losing to a 'lesser' team. I'm confident when Miami loses to a lesser team (and they will), there will be posts with excuses -bad bounce, bad call,injuries, if only. I can accept some of that, but weather? And it's disingenuous to claim injuries don't matter in pre-game posts, but use it as an excuse in post-game.

Back
Top Bottom