Bills Game 1: Hot Takes | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bills Game 1: Hot Takes

Felt like a useless win. Gase still making questionable play calls. Tannehill still tannehill, defense is still weak at rushing the passer.

I know we are still "in the hunt" But we all know this team isnt going to make it, we aren't good enough.

I kinda wanted to lose so we could make major changes, we are inching closer to my pre season prediction of the dreaded 8-8. I'm so tired of settling for mediocrity.

At what point did we go 4 plays without a holding penalty? I'm sick of being a QB apologist but while our QB isn't perfect he can at least throw the darn ball. We got three TD passes even when the offense was garbage and that's on an offense that recently spent nearly a month without scoring a TD.

When will it stop being someone else’s fault? If it isn’t him, it’s Davis. Why is David playing? The entire OL is injured. Yet every team has injuries and some get through them with success. I used to love Ryan as QB despite him not ever taking them anywhere. Someone has to go to create change.

In the two games he's played since returning, he's done very little wrong. Thrown some really nice balls, all three TDs today were good throws for different reasons. I would say he's actually on form right now, this is the best of Tannehill we are seeing, and he won today and lost last week. He will beat poor teams more often than not. That's him, he'll look great at times and awful at others in around equal amounts. Good, Great and Elite QB's will have the same fluctuations between Great and Awful, but their average will tilt far more to the great end of the scale, Tannehill is firmly in the middle. He's great at keeping his job because of all those times he shows those moments of greatness, someone dubbed him on this site as the ultimate QB tease and he is just that. This season will finish around 8-8, as most of our seasons in this era have and he'll get a chance to do it all again next year. That seems good enough for the owner and the FO and the HC, so who are we to argue, I just find it a little soul destroying.

When will it stop being someone else’s fault? If it isn’t him, it’s Davis. Why is David playing? The entire OL is injured. Yet every team has injuries and some get through them with success. I used to love Ryan as QB despite him not ever taking them anywhere. Someone has to go to create change.

I get it, but I'm just pretty sick that we can't ever fairly evaluate our QB because the line is just absolute trash. The guy spent like 5 years not being able to make plays. Now he makes a couple plays a game that are big time, mixed in with like 20 plays where we run five yard pass plays compensating for the line, plays that go nowhere because the line lets guys in almost immediately, and plays where we're backed up with double digit yards to go since one of our laughable linemen held someone they couldn't block.

In the two games he's played since returning, he's done very little wrong. Thrown some really nice balls, all three TDs today were good throws for different reasons. I would say he's actually on form right now, this is the best of Tannehill we are seeing, and he won today and lost last week. He will beat poor teams more often than not. That's him, he'll look great at times and awful at others in around equal amounts. Good, Great and Elite QB's will have the same fluctuations between Great and Awful, but their average will tilt far more to the great end of the scale, Tannehill is firmly in the middle. He's great at keeping his job because of all those times he shows those moments of greatness, someone dubbed him on this site as the ultimate QB tease and he is just that. This season will finish around 8-8, as most of our seasons in this era have and he'll get a chance to do it all again next year. That seems good enough for the owner and the FO and the HC, so who are we to argue, I just find it a little soul destroying.

If we finish 8-8 that would give RT a starting record of 6-5 this year. With as bad as the injuries, playcalling, and personnel decisions have been, I'm not sure that's entirely bad. Do we really think Joe Flacco or Andy Dalton would be doing better?

If we finish 8-8 that would give RT a starting record of 6-5 this year. With as bad as the injuries, playcalling, and personnel decisions have been, I'm not sure that's entirely bad. Do we really think Joe Flacco or Andy Dalton would be doing better?
The problem is that it closely mirrors his career record. He’s a poor mans Alex Smith.
KC realized they needed more if they wanted to reach the next level, so they drafted Mahomes and let Smith go. IMHO Miami will never reach the next level until the QB position is upgraded.

The problem is that it closely mirrors his career record. He’s a poor mans Alex Smith.
KC realized they needed more if they wanted to reach the next level, so they drafted Mahomes and let Smith go. IMHO Miami will never reach the next level until the QB position is upgraded.

I'm not against drafting the next day for sure. Other than that it's pretty darn hard to compare us to KC. Alex Smith held back two different franchises that had an immense amount of talent and in KC he was serving under one of the best QB gurus of this era, who rarely had a QB start for him he couldn't make successful. I don't see RT holding this team back, I see him having some success inspite of the crap storm around him.

Rt has also done things his last two seasons that he never did under his first coaching staff.

I said around 8-8, I'm thinking we win one more probably the Jax game, which will give him a losing season. And in all honesty even if we won 2 or 3 more, it's still not meeting the expectations of a fan in a salary capped league of 32 permanent members. Each and everyone of the fans for every team should expect their team to compete. We've not competed for the best part of 3 decades, that's not good enough and we will never compete with Tannehill as our QB, he just doesn't have that level of greatness in him. While he's our QB our ceiling is very low, probably 10-6, which may or may not squeeze you into the playoffs, but our floor is perhaps around 6 wins because he does enough to beat the poor teams. Like I said that appears to be good enough for those that matter in the organisation, but as a fan I don't really want to accept that.

Enough with the excuses, all teams could list a bunch of factors as to why the are bad or mediocre. And Flacco has a ring, multiple play offs appearances, Dalton is no stranger to the playoffs either, so yes they have done better. Until Tannehill plays a game when the regular season is over you can't really suggest he is better than those two.

This game was only won by a missed catch. Our offense, our defense whatever, it didn't matter we only won because an opponent missed a catch. Sure it counts in the W column, but we didn't win, to Gases delight, just didn't lose.

Josh Allen is not accurate. No matter what he looks like out there, the completion percentages do not lie. Consequently he missed the wide open touchdown pass on third down in the first half, he missed the deep ball touchdown when Xavien Howard was beaten by 4 steps, and he threw a pass that was so wobbly that Charles Clay apparently misjudged it. Based on the effort that Allen put into that ball I'm sure Clay expected it to travel farther. That's why he was waiting in the middle of the end zone and realized too late that the pass would wobble short.

Besides, there was nearly a minute remaining even if Buffalo goes ahead by 3. It wasn't a lock certainty that we don't come back and at least force overtime. I was becoming a bit concerned that the clock was running down and Buffalo might score while leaving us virtually nothing on the clock. When Allen threw that deep one I was immediately thinking...well it's either a touchdown or game over.

Last thing we needed was for Buffalo to get a first down deep and then whittle away the remaining minute. And that could have happened if the third down play had been complete or pass interference. It looked like pass interference to me. Tony Dungy said tonight that it absolutely should have been pass interference.

Anyway, the Dolphins are 3-0 against the Jets and Bills despite scoring 20, 13 and 21 points in those three games.

That is the rightful bonus when division rivals invest in rookie quarterbacks. Those quarterbacks are supposed to struggle to put up points, and especially in division games.

If Buffalo still had Tyrod Taylor I would expect a loss at Buffalo. But with Josh Allen I fully anticipate the Dolphins to win another low scoring game.

I said around 8-8, I'm thinking we win one more probably the Jax game, which will give him a losing season. And in all honesty even if we won 2 or 3 more, it's still not meeting the expectations of a fan in a salary capped league of 32 permanent members. Each and everyone of the fans for every team should expect their team to compete. We've not competed for the best part of 3 decades, that's not good enough and we will never compete with Tannehill as our QB, he just doesn't have that level of greatness in him. While he's our QB our ceiling is very low, probably 10-6, which may or may not squeeze you into the playoffs, but our floor is perhaps around 6 wins because he does enough to beat the poor teams. Like I said that appears to be good enough for those that matter in the organisation, but as a fan I don't really want to accept that.

Enough with the excuses, all teams could list a bunch of factors as to why the are bad or mediocre. And Flacco has a ring, multiple play offs appearances, Dalton is no stranger to the playoffs either, so yes they have done better. Until Tannehill plays a game when the regular season is over you can't really suggest he is better than those two.

I don't care what they have done, I care what they will. The reality is that both guys are in organizations with a lot more talent than the Dolphins and have both played under the same coach, who has proven good enough to keep their jobs at least this long, for the duration of their careers.

The QB we go all in on in this draft will turn into David Carr if this line isn't fixed.

thats because Tanny has been the one constant for the last 8 fing years. and people still kiss up to him. i cant wrap my mind around it.

I get it, but I'm just pretty sick that we can't ever fairly evaluate our QB because the line is just absolute trash. The guy spent like 5 years not being able to make plays. Now he makes a couple plays a game that are big time, mixed in with like 20 plays where we run five yard pass plays compensating for the line, plays that go nowhere because the line lets guys in almost immediately, and plays where we're backed up with double digit yards to go since one of our laughable linemen held someone they couldn't block.

He does just enough to have the team in position to win. Is it enough for a franchise guy? No. Not when Miami hasn’t won in 30 years.

Back
Top Bottom