Bills interested in Rivers. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bills interested in Rivers.

zevo

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
I heard this on ESPN radio Tom Donahoe was supposed to fly back to Buffalo this week but he's cancelled his flight and will fly back to Buffalo next week. He wants to talk and have Rivers work-out for the BILLS training staff. I guess Donahoe and the coaches were impressed with Rivers This kid might be our #1 pick!

Looks like you might not even get a sniff at rivers unless you do some major trading up. To tell you the truth I dont even want rivers, I'd rather wait for losman in the early 2nd. But there will be plenty of teams other than the Bills looking to grab this guy early.

Originally posted by Mindwarp
see this is exactly what i said a while back and no-1 thought i twould be an issues

people are too complacent. We need to look at trading up in this draft for Eli. We'll probably fall short (not guranteed though) but hopefuly we'll land Losman or Rivers high. Though it's a reach, it's what we need to do to snag one of them.

It's uber important to snag a rookie QB this year. We're hurting for QB, with no relief in sight. At worst, snag Losman and develope him I guess.

I don't know why they want him, after all, they already have their Super Bowl QB in Bledsoe, don't they? ;) Although I would hate to see the Bills draft Rivers, he is not worth the extra pick to move up especially when we need OL and WR. IMO, take the best player available, providing he is good worthy of a 1st round pick, at either the OL or WR spot, if Rivers falls to us and he is the best QB then take him.

Originally posted by TarHeelPhinfan
I don't know why they want him, after all, they already have their Super Bowl QB in Bledsoe, don't they? ;) Although I would hate to see the Bills draft Rivers, he is not worth the extra pick to move up especially when we need OL and WR. IMO, take the best player available, providing he is good worthy of a 1st round pick, at either the OL or WR spot, if Rivers falls to us and he is the best QB then take him.

Its called drafting for the future. Drew has 3 more seasons left. # years to put whatever qb we draft into the oven and let him cook properly.

I dont buy it. bills have MUCH bigger problems then Drew right now. Bledsoe can easily take this team to the promised land....provided he has some sort of supporting cast.

This draft is NOT about a QB for the bills..unless they are clueless.

Originally posted by zevo

Its called drafting for the future. Drew has 3 more seasons left. # years to put whatever qb we draft into the oven and let him cook properly.

Thanks for the info. Btw, the little winking guy next to my comment about the Bills means I'm just kidding. Bledsoe sucks and I hope they keep him. I agree with you that it is a good idea to draft a QB and let him learn from the bench, however, we should not wreck our draft for a QB that is, at best, the 2nd or third best one in the draft. I just think we need to build an O-line of the future and WR corp of the future as well as get a QB of future.

Originally posted by Dbergan
I dont buy it. bills have MUCH bigger problems then Drew right now. Bledsoe can easily take this team to the promised land....provided he has some sort of supporting cast.

This draft is NOT about a QB for the bills..unless they are clueless.

Remember this is the same team that drafted a RB in the first round last year, even though they have a great back.

Bledsoe is a much bigger hole at QB than Henry was at RB.

IF we don't trade up, and the guy we want is not their, we don't draft a QB. Simple. We can't just draft Losman or some other QB if we don't really think theyare good just because theyare the best available at a pos of need. Teams that do that pay for it.

Originally posted by zachseau13

Remember this is the same team that drafted a RB in the first round last year, even though they have a great back.

Bledsoe is a much bigger hole at QB than Henry was at RB.

Not to mention an INJURED RB.

I wouldn't put it past the Bills. They are clueless up there. The cold has frozen thier brains.

There is no way that the Bills draft a QB in the first round that does not have a season ending injury.

Barfalo will look to fill the tackle position first.

They don't want Rivers. They have a big hole burning in the #2 WR spot. They'll get a stud at WR with their first pick. To pick Rivers would be assanine.

I'm still waiting on Mr. CWs official assesment of this speculation though. :)

Originally posted by PhinstiGator
There is no way that the Bills draft a QB in the first round that does not have a season ending injury.

Barfalo will look to fill the tackle position first.

Boy you r just plain ignorant. Do you even know anything? We have two probowl caliber tackles in Jonas Jennings and the 4th overall pick from 2 years ago in Mike Williams. Not to mention we hired the best O-line coach in the NFL. The Bills will not take any O-lineman higher than 4th round just because of the talent that is already there and the fact we have Coach Mcnally to get this team to play like a probowl line. The Bills will go Qb, Wr, or DE depending if Udeze or Will Smith is available.

Back
Top Bottom