Bills interested in Rivers. | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bills interested in Rivers.

hey...if the Bills take him 13th...imo that's too high and all that means is that someone better will fall...its too early right now...and i don't think that any coach will say who they will most definately take...i think thats really dumb...if he said that!!!

I heard that buffalo was going to trade up with san diego and take kevin jones with the first pick.

Originally posted by zevo

Looks like you might not even get a sniff at rivers unless you do some major trading up. To tell you the truth I dont even want rivers, I'd rather wait for losman in the early 2nd. But there will be plenty of teams other than the Bills looking to grab this guy early.

:woot:

We aren't drafting Rivers, so don't worry about it. We will draft Winslow or reggie(if either are available)

Originally posted by CirclingWagons
We aren't drafting Rivers, so don't worry about it. We will draft Winslow or reggie(if either are available)

Hear hear. Like a team's really going to tip its draft hand in JANUARY! LMAO!

:)

thats what i love about Tom Donahoe, he has everyone guessing and everyone eats out of the palm of his hand. I love it.

REALX!

Buffalo needs WR and OLine and Safety. They do not need QB enough to draft one at number one.

A lot of teams work out players. Don't mean squat.

Originally posted by Dbergan
I dont buy it. bills have MUCH bigger problems then Drew right now. Bledsoe can easily take this team to the promised land....provided he has some sort of supporting cast.

This draft is NOT about a QB for the bills..unless they are clueless.

i dont buy it either, that is donohoe being a donohoebag.

Ok Fin fans. Here's what the Bill actually need most:

1. Right Guard: The weakest spot on our line. We are strong and deep at tackle, very weak on the interior. Marques Sullivan was moved to backup tackle after starting here in 2002 and we moved Mike Pucillo here as the starter in 2003. This guy is a scrub and how he became the starter is one of the most puzzling mysteries of the GW years. A great fit here from the draft would be Miami's Vernon Carey.

2. Center: Again, the interior of our line is so weak that Bledsoe was sometimes blasted before he even could plant his last foot on a 3 step drop. Trey Teague is a left tackle that we converted to center and the results have been poor. The Bills often abandoned the shotgun formation because Teague couldn't pull it off. Jake Grove would look great in a Bills uniform.

3. Quarterback: Bledsoe makes the line look even worse than it actually is. He holds on to the ball WAY too long and doesn't have a good internal clock or even marginal pocket presence. The only way Bledsoe can look decent is if he has 2 Pro-Bowl WR's, an all-star line, and Travis Henry. I really like Phillip Rivers and Donahoe said we will take a QB in the first 3 rounds. Rivers is more impressive to me than Pennington when he came out in the draft. I would be ecstatic if the Bills grabbed him because he is only a year of polish away from being an effective NFL starter.

4. Defensive End: Someone other than Schobel. I doubt the Bills will go DE. That's because Donahoe considered last year's second, Chris Kelsay as a 1st round DE on his board.

5. Free-Safety: We really need a safety that can actually catch the ball. A ball-hawking free-safety would make the final piece to a DOMINANT D if we can find one more pass-rusher.

6. Speed WR: After Moulds, all our receivers are in the possession receiver mold. Speed kills and we will find someone in the draft to fit the bill. My guess is later in the draft because this draft is LOADED at WR.

Last edited by a moderator:
Honest if the Bills go ahead and draft Rivers at #13, then that would be a dumb move especially since they announced it to the world already like in JANUARY. I expect teams to call their bluff.

Donahoe IS a poker player. All that means is he uses deception and masks his intentions. Just because we work out a player doesn't mean we will draft a player. Rivers will be looked at closely. And the Bills will work out many other players. The only reason why Donahoe didn't attend McGahee's workouts with Rosenhaus last year is because Donahoe KNEW it was pointless. Donahoe already had the doctor's opinions and had coldly calculated the risk/reward formula.

Rivers is a top 15 pick. Whether he goes to Pittsburgh, Buffalo, or someone else is irrelevant. Just remember, McGahee had no idea Buffalo was taking him although Buffalo was the first team to wish him luck while he walking around after his surgery.

:lol:

For the love of God people Rivers is not going to Buffalo...no way, no how. We'll draft a WR, TE, or OL

Originally posted by zevo
thats what i love about Tom Donahoe, he has everyone guessing and everyone eats out of the palm of his hand. I love it.

Donahoe is a moron. The next time he sees Belichick coming he should run. A first rounder for Bledsoe? Overpaying for Milloy.

Did anyone hear Donahoe say this besides that Bills fan?? Think about it guy's hes just trying to get you guys worked up, and hes doing it. I hardly think Donahoe would go Qb first round. They need alot more before they would go Qb first round. Thats a fact.

Back
Top Bottom