Bills interested in Rivers. | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bills interested in Rivers.

Donahoe knows Miami is interested in Rivers just by the press coming out of the Senior Bowl. He just wants to put a little pressure on Miami and make them squirm a little bit going into the draft I really don't think Buffalo will be drafting a QB with the 1st pick so soon after using a 1st rounder to get Bledsoe and it is well known they have a lot of other needs.

Any team with an old qb get Eli Ben Phillip that would not be an bad idea anyone of the three are the QB's of the future and have all the intangables to lead an NFL team.

I hope the Bill don't want Rivers I always wanted miami to draft him it would make me :cry: if the rivalry Bills get him.

But I trust Marino and Sielman to trade up and get him. They will make the right decision.

You won't have to :cry: , the Bills aren't going to pick him. To much talent out there in first to pass by at #13.

i am just throwing this out there.. you guys could shoot it down..

imho, rivers is a first round talent.. i love the guy personally.. but i do agree that #13 is too high for him..

do you think it is possible that he (he as in TD or Mularkey) is helping fuel the "buffalo is interested in rivers" fires so that possibly another team above buffalo feels forced to take him if they want him?.. maybe that helps drop a guy like sean taylor or winslow down a bit... and also prevents Miami from getting him..

it is all speculation at this point.. but mike mularky did say on jim brensons radio show that they would have no problem using the #13 pick on rivers and felt he was worth it..

the only thing that makes me laugh.. donahoe and modrack are both the big draft guys.. mularky has not even finished putting his staff together yet, but he is announcing our pick at #13?? doubt it.. he did say it.. but i would be willing to bet that TD has an alterior motive behind that..

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Tatonka, at this point it's always game playing, but someone will pull the trigger on Rivers if nothing else just take a chance on a maybe superstar at the next level..13 is a bit high for him, he's a low 1st rounder or early 2nd rounder base on the personnel in this draft, but he's seems to standout in each major game and teams maybe willing to take a chance higher up in the 1st round...depends on the need.

Thats what I'm sayin Tatonka. Its all subterfuge. Its like Lenin said man, ya know, you look uhh, for the um (I am the walrus) person that will benefit man(I am the walrus), and you know thats the uhh (I am the walrus), the uhhh (I am the walrus) ya know.

Basically paying this much attention to Rivers has two benefits for the Bills. One is if Rivers does indeed fall to Round 2 as he was predicted to do prior to the Senior Bowl, the Bills would certainly benefit from using a 2nd rounder on him. And that could happen since the combine traditionally makes a bunch of teams fall in love with pure armstrength rather than driving a team down the field. The second benefit is that it might cause Miami to get all nervous, trade away picks, and move up to get a guy that probably would have been available at pick 20 anyway.

But Donahoe is not using the 13th pick in the draft to replace a quarterback he spent a first round pick on not more than 2 years ago. And Drew Bledsoe isn't really old old, he's 31 years old.

i wouldnt put anything past TD to be honest.. i wont be shocked if we do pick rivers at 13.. but, like you, i dont think it will happen..

kiper says miami will get him.. so that is good news.. since he is NEVER right. :D

Hey wait don't the Vikings select at 19 one pick ahead of us? Does that mean we're gonna have to pay Rivers like the 19th pick in the draft when we draft him while Minnesota's time runs completely out?

BTW when a team needs/wants a first round QB its usually easier to predict who goes to them. I think Kiper had Leftwich going to Jacksonville, Grossman to Chicago, might have even had Boller to Baltimore and of course he had Palmer to Cincinnati. So I wouldn't really count out Kiper's prediction yet. :)

Originally posted by zevo
thats what i love about Tom Donahoe, he has everyone guessing and everyone eats out of the palm of his hand. I love it.

That happened last year :rolleyes:

More like drew had him eating out of his hands :lol: :lol:

Back
Top Bottom