Bills looking to jump Dolphins for a QB? | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bills looking to jump Dolphins for a QB?

If I'm Cleveland and the Bills move to two and I KNOW they want Rosen I'm calling them. I'm asking how much do they want to give us not to take him and to switch picks

Dont you think they already talked this stuff prior to Trading Taylor (i know 4 was discussed NOT as part of the Taylor trade) but part of the converstions during that trade talk.

If ANY FO knows what CLE is thinking Bills are one

Not real wild about the 2019 crop of potential QB’s either. 2021 is the year that I’d want to be a major player in the QB market, and I would give up a lot for a shot at getting Tua Tagovailoa. That kid looks special.

I'm with you on tua

I only saw him for a half and I was like damn that looks like drew brees

its gonna help him if guys like baker Mayfield at that size have success...but tua yeah I buy into that already

And thats fine. I was willing to sell the house to get up.

Maybe Beane has spoiled me a Bit getting 65 and 2nd round value for two players that wherr not going to be on the Bills at the end of the week.

you should be...without a qb you got nothing

you know I've been saying that to you for years

Did no one read my “Would you do this trade?” thread last week? Looks like Buffalo is just like us - love Rosen and know they have to go to 2 to get him. Looks to me that they have the ammo and we don’t with what they can offer on draft picks and with us sending Landry to Cleveland.

But if you see my thread, yeah guys it’ll take a lot of picks to move up that high in a QB draft, no doubt. I said we give the G men Landry in a sign and trade, swap 1st rd picks this year, give them our 2nd this year, 1st next year and a 2nd in 2020 and you thought I was nuts but that’s what you’re looking at to move up. Turns out, we just can’t do it.

There is one thing we may have over the Bills though: our future draft picks look like they’ll be higher in each round than the Bills so Tannenbaum may get to do this yet. And the way we’re going, MUCH higher in each round.

Last edited:
you should be...without a qb you got nothing

you know I've been saying that to you for years
Whats funny heard from a friend. CLE gave 65 to Bills in the TT trade instead of a lower value pick for assurances that if they Trade up to 2 or 3 they would not take Allen.

That points to what I said eariler

1. Barkley
4. Allen

And why they tried for Alex Smith and Got Taylor. They know Allen isnt ready for year 1

Whats funny heard from a friend. CLE gave 65 to Bills in the TT trade instead of a lower value pick for assurances that if they Trade up to 2 or 3 they would not take Allen.

That points to what I said eariler

1. Barkley
4. Allen

And why they tried for Alex Smith and Got Taylor. They know Allen isnt ready for year 1

the combine looked like it was a parade for two players to be the top pick...barkley and allen

I just think clevelands playing a dangerous game if they wait til 4 on the qb...yeah indy is probably dead set on Bradley chubb at 3 and for good reason but if everyone knows your intentions and they want one of those qbs I cant imagine indys not listening

I love that last point

the combine looked like it was a parade for two players to be the top pick...barkley and allen

I just think clevelands playing a dangerous game if they wait til 4 on the qb...yeah indy is probably dead set on Bradley chubb at 3 and for good reason but if everyone knows your intentions and they want one of those qbs I cant imagine indys not listening

I love that last point

I get it. But if their too Choice is Allen and go Barkely 1st.

Bills come up there is Rosen

Indy even if they move out is someone coming up here for Allen with Darnold and Mayfield? I would doubt it.

BFIP, what do the Bills think of Darnold? Good consolation prize at #2 should Rosen go 1st or are they dead set on Rosen?

I get it. But if their too Choice is Allen and go Barkely 1st.

Bills come up there is Rosen

Indy even if they move out is someone coming up here for Allen with Darnold and Mayfield? I would doubt it.

what you are saying makes sense I'm just surprised darnold is gonna see 5...Mayfield seeing 5 does not surprise me

I said it earlier here that 6 foot and a half and 4.85 from a spread system doesn't get drafted top 10...in any prior class

so that one would shock me

it helps that the philly qb just won a bowl running the rpo heavy based o and he can't run any better than 4.85

BFIP, what do the Bills think of Darnold? Good consolation prize at #2 should Rosen go 1st or are they dead set on Rosen?

Love Rosen
Really Like Mayfield
Like Darnold just a little less.

That is why their goal is to get at least to 3. They will get one of the three.

Rosen is by far their top QB

Mayfield and Darnold 2-3 but not much seperation between the two.

nfl network was saying to get into the top 4 or 5 the bills would have to start by offering their 1 and 2 this year plus their first in 2019 and that'd be just for a team to even want to listen

Ozzy rules!!

so say it plays out like bills fan says it will top 4

cle barkley
buf rosen
indy chubb
cle allen

I woukd think Elway would pine for the pro style prototype size option in darnold should he lose out on cousins

if he lands cousins then I think teams beg borrow and steal to get up there for mr intangibles sam darnold

which leaves the jets at 6 potentially in the baker Mayfield market...maybe

what that does in terms of none qb top 6 picks is help Miami though have a non qb position player fall to us or even a slight trade up to ensure one...if we get to 7 and minkah derwin Edmunds, smith, nelson davenport denzel ward who am I missing? are still on the board we look to be in good shape

Back
Top Bottom