Bills offer to Clay coming on Thursday | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bills offer to Clay coming on Thursday

The Bills contract is going to heavily front-load the money to Clay, so we can't match it on the same terms.

If I'm Charles Clay and I've had knee & related hamstring problems etc the last couple of years, I don't care what the Fins offer me - I'm taking the big guaranteed slice up front and then I'm covered if the injury bug bites again.

If he deigned to refuse Buffalo and sign a hometown deal I would be shocked. Happily shocked, but shocked.

The Bills contract is going to heavily front-load the money to Clay, so we can't match it on the same terms.

If I'm Charles Clay and I've had knee & related hamstring problems etc the last couple of years, I don't care what the Fins offer me - I'm taking the big guaranteed slice up front and then I'm covered if the injury bug bites again.

If he deigned to refuse Buffalo and sign a hometown deal I would be shocked. Happily shocked, but shocked.

Agree, and to be honest I can't really blame him, especially when he barely escaped a real bad knee injury at the scrimage. I would hate to have to live in Bufallo but guess you got to make sacrificies.

The Dolphins have already committed $7 million to Clay this year, another million or two won't do it for Buffalo

The Dolphins have already committed $7 million to Clay this year, another million or two won't do it for Buffalo

It would for me. Him playing at 9 million is way too much. Take that 7 million in "savings" and sign a few players that decent, but below market value.

Harvin came out today and said he wants to play with an established qb... So he might not go to the bills if he get offers from teams with better qbs... The patriots did show interest in him

It would for me. Him playing at 9 million is way too much. Take that 7 million in "savings" and sign a few players that decent, but below market value.
i don't think it would average $9 million, that's just year one

Bills make their offer, dolphins sign Cameron then match Clay at a profitable structure for the Fins... checkmate!

He was injured last year. He had surgery, has worked hard and is now full speed ahead and ready for OTA's. I watched every snap of his in college and I can tell you that he delivers when his number is called. Is he the best blocker? No...but neither is Clay. However, he has great hands, is physical in the field and can get open. The problem is he played on teams with a lot of offensive super producers (especially in the running game). It is hard to get numbers when your number isn't called (which fell on Bobo). Believe me...we called for more TE calls than not.

Here is one game where you can see that...

[video=youtube;tRwTFzfdVzg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tRwTFzfdVzg[/video]

Yes, he had a couple of key drops in the game but what player doesn't have them every now and then? This was a rarity for him, the exception...not the norm. What you can see is his ability to get open, make the catch, get some yards after and punish on contact.

Another example, vs Tennessee in 2012.

[video=youtube;CDZZHM7aOls]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CDZZHM7aOls[/video]

Going high for a catch...

[video=youtube;h6fXRykLOz8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h6fXRykLOz8[/video]

Reportedly Clay will visit the Browns before making a decision.

I want Clay back, but if he is going to get 9 + million a season then I rather that be from Cleveland...he can join Hartline.

lets just sign Cameron and move on. Screw Clay and his top TE money.

Look who is offering Clay this money: the Bills and the Browns. two winning franchises. :crazy: You don't see a successful team bending over backwards for Clay... Why? Because they actually have people who know what they are doing in the front office. Let Clay and his career bomb in Buffalo with Matt Cassel. Or better yet, go catch passes from Johnny Football. If he ever gets out of rehab. good luck.

IS the 7 mil associated with Clays tag number included in our current cap number?

Mike Tannenbaum confirmed that Charles Clay is visiting #Browns in addition to #Bills. PBP

This could take a while.

---------- Post added at 10:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:19 AM ----------

IS the 7 mil associated with Clays tag number included in our current cap number?
Yes

Cameron has a huge flag but offers huge potential... id hate to have to wait on Clay visiting the browns and Bills then lose out on both Clay and Cameron

Back
Top Bottom