Bills trading Diggs to Texans | Page 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bills trading Diggs to Texans

People were calling Allen a bust pre Diggs. People here were laughing at the Diggs Minnesota to Buffalo trade saying Allen was going to be overthrowing Diggs left and right with his poor accuracy
In everyone's defense, from a player progression perspective, what Josh Allen did over the course of his first 4 years in the league is unprecedented in NFL history. They were talking about it on Cowherd, Josh Allen made the biggest leap, statistically, year to year for 4 straight years, better than any QB in the history of the game, when looking at improving from one year to the next.

In other words, Josh Allen was a Donkey in year 1, turned into a Mule in year 2, into a Horse in year 3 and then into a Unicorn in year 4. Metaphorically speaking.

Gabe Davis sucks. Stone hands. Poor route running.
Curtis Samuel (if healthy) is much better. Plus Samuel is half RB as well.
2000 yards , 152 receptions, and 15 touchdowns have walked out the door between Davis and Diggs. Bills have not gotten better, and if you argue that point then I'm not sure what you're looking at. Nobody is scared of Samuel and his 22 TD's over his 7 year career

Touche'. They are going to have to trade that #1 and a #2 for this year( or next years 2) and or a 31 this and next. All those 5th's and 6th's are not enough ammo to move up that far. Stats say that only the top two rounds usually become difference makers, and I don't want to hear about Tom Brady here. My point was only that the move this year is likely to cripple the next 2 years top picks. They have a 1-2 &4 this year and all 4 next. Peace Ozzy.
well, I'm just saying they have enough picks to make a trade and still have more picks left but they don’t have to trade up either....this is a very good WR class so they can stay at 28 and still get a good WR

And a 5th and a 6th, plus Diggs for a 2nd rounder NEXT year.

It screams "Get this guy the **** out of here"

This was a money decision first and foremost.

They also needed to clean up their salary cap situation. Once they decided to go all-in with the Von Miller signing, this was always going to be the counter effect. They can't trade Miller as no one wants him so at the end of the day, the biggest (non QB) salary was going to have to get sent packing.

They have a lot of guys making big money in 2025 (in addition to Josh Allen), Von Miller, Dawson Know, Matt Milano, Dion Dawkins, Ed Oliver, Greg Rousseau, Daquan Jones, Curtis Samuel, Connor McGovern, as well as a bunch of dead money and void years they've amassed.

Personally, I don't think either team is really a winner in this trade.

Diggs at $19M and i lose a 2025 second round pick (from a rebuilding Vikings team), not sure that is the wisest path for Houston. That pick could easily be top 40. Its not Houston's pick which will be in the mid to late 50's.

I get that Houston has this wide window with Stroud on a rookie contract but they now have about a 2 year window to justify this trade. As opposed to spending that money on someone who might be around for a much longer time and like I mentioned above, missed out on adding a player on a rookie contract who will likely be an early 2nd round pick.

Basically, Houston traded down from 23 to 42 and they got Diggs along with $19M and $18.5M in cap hits the next two years, along with two late round picks. I am not buying that as a win for Houston right now. Seems like no one wants to build a team the traditional way anymore.....except for Kansas City.

Calling next years Super Bowl - Lions/Chiefs.

Last edited:
Media will give him a huge pass when he doesn't play as well. Interesting how that all works

Yeah, agreed.

Some posters on this site view him as some amazing player and we would be lucky to have him.

Allen the last 3-4 seasons has had to deal with little adversity.

Top O line, very few if any injuries
Top defense
Reliable kicker
Great skill position players.

He hasn't had to rely on Parker as his Top WR, while having a bottom 5 offensive line with a bottom 10 defense and a coach that openly does not want you as his QB.

Now let's see what he does when everything is not perfect for him.

My guess is his league leading stat in regards to TOS will probably start effecting that team more.

Bills have Mack hollins. Sure he will make some big play against us lol

I poked my head into TwoBillsDrive and the Bills subreddit to enjoy their schadenfreude. It was delicious.

Yeah, agreed.

Some posters on this site view him as some amazing player and we would be lucky to have him.

Allen the last 3-4 seasons has had to deal with little adversity.

Top O line, very few if any injuries
Top defense
Reliable kicker
Great skill position players.

He hasn't had to rely on Parker as his Top WR, while having a bottom 5 offensive line with a bottom 10 defense and a coach that openly does not want you as his QB.

Now let's see what he does when everything is not perfect for him.

My guess is his league leading stat in regards to TOS will probably start effecting that team more.
I think Josh Allen is awesome. I think as much as Diggs helped him early on, last season, Diggs played like ass and acted like one too.

I think the Bills will have a down year in 24 but not bc of Allen, he will be the only reason they win games.

Back
Top Bottom