Bills vs. Dolphins | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bills vs. Dolphins

i wish the bills would go away, but they're not going to. spikes is going to have a great year barring injury. didn't he sit out the titans game? i saw portions of it, including his interview. i was impressed with his interview. i liked how he slyly gave himself props, saying "we're struggling RIGHT NOW" (with me on the sideline was the unsaid part) and i liked how he compared the organizations (buff & cincy), essentially saying that everybody in the bengals organization from top to bottom hated going to work every day and expected to lose. i think the change of scenery will do him a lot of good. now, i'm not saying they're going to finish above miami, but we can't write them off.

oh yeah, did you see that hit by clements? i don't know who he laid out, but it was a solid, textbook hit where he just laid the wood to someone. i think he got caught sleeping on a touchdown later (i could be wrong--even as a buckeyes fan i get clements and winfield mixed up now that they're the enemy) but he sure looks ready to hit.

you may be right on that, but it struck me that he's very excited about playing in buffalo and that could lead to a good year for him. i'm rooting against him, but the guy's got great skills and he's already talking like a leader on that d.

Good to see some props for Buffalo in here...rarely do you see objective analysis from a rival...MDfinfan made the best point: Travis Henry is a beast...our o-line, which is awful in pass blocking is the exact opposite in run blocking...Henry will force 8 in the box, and our passing game will be fine.......Xsux....spikes self-involved?...no, try patrick surtain(surtan?..certain my ***, not when we played you).

all in all, it looks to be a great year, with hopefully the same great rivalry we both had in the Kelly-Marino years

I didn't see the game, so I don't pretend to know whether the Bills looked aweful or not for sure.

But I will say this. I heard a lot of disappointment coming from the Buffalo press after the Baltimore game, including rumors on lots of rumor mill sites that the new revamped Bills D looked the same as the new revamped Bills D with London Fletcher added to the mix did...which is to say, aweful. But thats just preseason.

Then they played Tennessee. And man. Talk about some disappointment. I had like 5 different people who were NOT dolphin fans, come up to me and be like "Man did you see that Buffalo-Tennesse game? Sheesh...poor buffalo" This includes the girl I've been dating, who I had no idea even knew anything about football, let alone that she was a Bills fan. She was like "Oh you didn't see that Buffalo-Tennessee game did you? That was really hard to watch..."

Originally posted by ckparrothead
I didn't see the game, so I don't pretend to know whether the Bills looked aweful or not for sure.

But I will say this. I heard a lot of disappointment coming from the Buffalo press after the Baltimore game, including rumors on lots of rumor mill sites that the new revamped Bills D looked the same as the new revamped Bills D with London Fletcher added to the mix did...which is to say, aweful. But thats just preseason.

Then they played Tennessee. And man. Talk about some disappointment. I had like 5 different people who were NOT dolphin fans, come up to me and be like "Man did you see that Buffalo-Tennesse game? Sheesh...poor buffalo" This includes the girl I've been dating, who I had no idea even knew anything about football, let alone that she was a Bills fan. She was like "Oh you didn't see that Buffalo-Tennessee game did you? That was really hard to watch..."

Spikes wasn't playing...amd even if he was and they lost 50-0, I wouldn't give a ****:rolleyes:

Like I've been saying all along, preseason is like crack...****s with your mind and distorts reality(acid would of been a better example)

Originally posted by DPlus47
you may be right on that, but it struck me that he's very excited about playing in buffalo and that could lead to a good year for him. i'm rooting against him, but the guy's got great skills and he's already talking like a leader on that d.

he is a leader huh? he hasnt even played a down on that D officially and he is already a leader? :lol: :lol:
I say spikes is overrated and i think teh media and fans built him into something huge. something huge in his head. what he did in cincy the last few years is have strong starts and then he faded. I see no reason was given for him being out. i guess that is just a secret or something. :lol:

Originally posted by CirclingWagons
Good to see some props for Buffalo in here...rarely do you see objective analysis from a rival...MDfinfan made the best point: Travis Henry is a beast...our o-line, which is awful in pass blocking is the exact opposite in run blocking...Henry will force 8 in the box, and our passing game will be fine.......Xsux....spikes self-involved?...no, try patrick surtain(surtan?..certain my ***, not when we played you).

all in all, it looks to be a great year, with hopefully the same great rivalry we both had in the Kelly-Marino years

I love how you change it around to surtain as being a big head. the differnence here wagons is that surtain has been a dolphin for a couple of years now and is a proven probowler and spikes hasnt even played a down as a Bill yet. he hasnt proved anything except that Bills fans believe everything they read.

Originally posted by MDFINFAN
Well I'll say this, T. Henry will be a monster this year, when they get to the regular season and start really running him, their O will seem vastly different than it does right now. The OL run blocking isn't bad, but if they have to pass alot they might be in trouble. Drews still holds the rock too long, and not very moble, as usual. But with TH being a threat, they will have time to throw. There were times running up their gut wasn't that possible. They weren't playing consistent in that game. But I won't take them likely, they will be a different team come regular season, I'll bet you on that. Their base O and D doesn't look that good. If they play like this next week then they may be a little concern. But by our 2nd game with them, they will probably clicking good. The Jets didn't look that bad against Tampa, as a matter of fact they went down the field and scored on their first drive. We didn 't come close. The Pats weren't as sharp against the skins as they were against the Giants, but still played decently. I'm not putting no team below us at this point. Our D played good last week, lets see if they can improve this week. They still have a lot to prove to me, based on last year's performance, I'm not convinced yet that they're ready for prime time. No team is running a lot this preseason so we really can't tell what's what with no one..so hold on to your hats to see what's really the deal with any team.

travis henry will put up the same numbers he put up last year. which is very good. But im more worried about the patriots now than drew and co. even drew knows they suck right now. you should see the interviews, he is depressed.

Originally posted by finfan54

he is a leader huh? he hasnt even played a down on that D officially and he is already a leader? :lol: :lol:
I say spikes is overrated and i think teh media and fans built him into something huge. something huge in his head. what he did in cincy the last few years is have strong starts and then he faded. I see no reason was given for him being out. i guess that is just a secret or something. :lol:

wow...that is some line of reasoning you have there:rolleyes:

tell us you're 12 or something...atleast that's a viable excuse.

Spikes has been one of the best Linebackers in football the last 5 years...it's not his fault he was stuck on a **** team...but, he played his *** off, and missed only one career start(because of the death of his father).

put Zach thomas on the bengals and see what happens....the same ol' ****.....easy to bash Spikes, but praise thomas...thomas has probowl DLineman in front of him...and a whole probowl secondary behind him...Spikes was on an island by himself all five years in Cincy...much like fletcher was left high and dry last year.

you need to get your facts straight, and your opinions smarter

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally posted by finfan54

travis henry will put up the same numbers he put up last year. which is very good. But im more worried about the patriots now than drew and co. even drew knows they suck right now. you should see the interviews, he is depressed.

take a step back and read your posts...they are incredibly biased...so, i'm finished talking to someone with a one-sided intellect...look at MD and the other guys...they are not saying the Bills are going to be great...But they recognize that they could be, and that preaseason means dick:rolleyes:

One thing is for sure, this year there won't be back to back flukes for the Bills against the Fins. I don't mind so much when the Fins get out-played but when the Fins beat themselves, I can't stand listening to the gloating. Its not even like the Bills earned those "wins".

Originally posted by JPhinfan86
One thing is for sure, this year there won't be back to back flukes for the Bills against the Fins. I don't mind so much when the Fins get out-played but when the Fins beat themselves, I can't stand listening to the gloating. Its not even like the Bills earned those "wins".

the first game was nothing to gloat about, but the second games we kicked your asses like it was nobody's business.

we can agree with that, no?...if not, I'll be happy to pull up our offensive #'s that game...your defense was raped on the ground and through the air:tongue:

Originally posted by ckparrothead
Takeo Spikes was kinda good until two years ago. Then he became really good.

well so far he is really good at saying they are the best. talk is cheap. thats all i know. The only thing the bills have shown that they are the best at is jumping offsides and holding. Im not saying takeo is an average LB. what i am saying is that he hasnt proved anything except that he is a big name who supposedly played on a sucky team. Junior seau played on a sucky san diego team for alot of those years, but he was considered the best cus he simply made plays. im sorry, i havent seen many takeo spikes clips on ESPN and ESPN goes over every game every week. Im sorry if my realist opinon based on facts bothers you.

Back
Top Bottom