Bills Won't Break Bank to re-sign Clements | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bills Won't Break Bank to re-sign Clements

Tone_E

THT - Two Hand Tony
Reaction score
http://www.nfl.com/teams/story/BUF/10001873

I say we go for this guy quicktimes.

We need a shut down corner to compliment W. Allen. We'd have the depth, with T-Dan as nickel back, solidifying it all. Our safeties are fine. With the acquisiton of Clements, our backfield would be set IMO.

http://www.nfl.com/teams/story/BUF/10001873

I say we go for this guy quicktimes.

We need a shut down corner to compliment W. Allen. We'd have the depth, with T-Dan as nickel back, solidifying it all. Our safeties are fine. With the acquisiton of Clements, our backfield would be set IMO.

Unfortunately, due to Samuels being tagged Clements is by far and away the best available cornerback, and will command stupid amounts of money. We simply won't be able to afford him.

I would love to get this guy, but he will be far too expensive, so i would just be happy to see him leave our division

But really with the cuts of Big Daddy and such, we can clear some cap space, and build cheaply through the draft now that we actually have some picks.

Really, with the exception of OL, what other glaring needs do we have that can't be adressed in the draft? OLB maybe? Thats it.

But really with the cuts of Big Daddy and such, we can clear some cap space, and build cheaply through the draft now that we actually have some picks.

Really, with the exception of OL, what other glaring needs do we have that can't be adressed in the draft? OLB maybe? Thats it.

Presuming that our 6th and 7th round picks will produce starters, sure, we can do it all with the draft.

signing a top 10 pick isnt so cheap....screw nate clements, we need o-line.

There has been plenty of speculation that the Titans might make a play for a free agent cornerback to pair opposite Adam “Pacman” Jones. There apparently, however, are at least some in the Titans organization who believe Buffalo's Nate Clements could be superior to New England's Asante Samuel in terms of what the Titans do. Also, Detroit Lions cornerback Dre’ Bly has received permission from the team to seek a trade. There has also been talk that the Lions might release him if they cannot find a taker.

Presuming that our 6th and 7th round picks will produce starters, sure, we can do it all with the draft.

We wont have to rely on 6th and 7th round picks as starters. We don't really have that many holes on this team, if you do not consider QB of course, because who knows what our production will be like next year on that matter.

We wont have to rely on 6th and 7th round picks as starters. We don't really have that many holes on this team, if you do not consider QB of course, because who knows what our production will be like next year on that matter.

We still need to shore up the Oline, need help at every position on defense, and that's not even mentioning special teams and skill positions. This is before cuts and FA though, but we could certainly use every bit of help we can get from the 2nd day of the draft.

I'm not a fan of Clements. Hes a good corner, but he wont be worth what hes gonna get.

My free agent target would be Nick Harper

I will tell you one thing too. The Bills have all but said good-bye to Nate and Fletcher. during Marvs presser last week he mentioned they are going with a Cash to Cap idea. Saying if they sign a player the entire signing bonus will be accelerated into this years hig cap space. Totally eliminating the number from future cap numbers. Then that way FA can get cut without taking a cap hit, after this year. So that spells doom for Nate.

And then mentioned he wants Attacking LBs instead of persueing ones like Fletch is.

Some team will outbid us for him.
He'll get a huge payday from someone.

63 million + $$...

Just as a background, this is what he wants to be paid. The highest paid CB in the league.

I think Clements is a top 10 corner, but still would not want to spend the cap space that I think it would require to obtain his services, if he could be had at a reasonable price, I would love to have him in a fins uniform, I just don't think he will be.

Back
Top Bottom