Bo Nix | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bo Nix

I am dropping Penix and JJ McCarthy from consideration and slashing my QB list. Penix did not score enough on 555 attempts, and McCarthy did not carry the offense enough. They did not do enough in college.

Day 1
#1 Jayden Daniels - passing comp Derek Car, rushing comp Lamar Jackson
#2 Caleb Wiliams - comp Baker Mayfield

Day 2
Bo Nix - no comp, could be CJ Stroud, but could be Zach Wilson, risky but worth a risk to some. (I don't like risks)
Michael Pratt - good smart QB, good size, everything is just okay, nothing special. But good. Comp, Goff.

I am dropping Penix and JJ McCarthy from consideration and slashing my QB list. Penix did not score enough on 555 attempts, and McCarthy did not carry the offense enough. They did not do enough in college.

Day 1
#
#2 Caleb Wiliams - comp Baker Mayfield
I don't see the Mayfield comp for Williams.

Williams has a much better arm and is a much better mover than Mayfield, while lacking the pocket presence and QB smarts Mayfield showed.

To be fair I am not sure who is a good comp for Williams,maybe Josh Allen in that he will make big plays and terrible plays in bunches. He has top flight tools but holds the ball way, WAAAAAY too long and is careless with the football.I don't know if Pro coaching will break him of his Superman habits fully but if he does not learn to process quicker he is going to bust.

I don't see Pratt having Goff's arm talent, he is likely a fringe starter, career backup type.

I don't like Nix or Penix and McCarthy is almost 100% projection as he was not asked to do much at Michigan.He needs to go somewhere with good QB coaching and sit for a bit before he gets thrown out there. On the plus side he has off the charts intangibles, his teammates love him and will run through walls for him.Big time leader and winner and that counts for a lot.

If I was going to roll the dice on one of the guys who isn't Williams or Maye it would be McCarthy.

I think Maye is going to be the best QB from this Draft.He looks to be a more fiery, competitive version of Justin Herbert.

I think Maye is going to be the best QB from this Draft.He looks to be a more fiery, competitive version of Justin Herbert.

You think? That's what pundits say too, he will be a better pro QB than he was a college QB. That's because he was not good in college. No thanks. I don't have clairvoyant opinions like that. He was not good in college, he is off the list, it's that simple.

Like Nix overall. He has a frustrating habit of leaning back in the pocket like Jordan Love and whipping the ball out when he could throw it with better mechanics, and he doesn't have Love's arm. But, he's a good athlete, a playmaker, avoids negative plays, and he has almost 2,000 CFB pass attempts. He throws with nice touch and from varied arm slots, and he throws a nice deep ball.

Kind of like a bigger Brock Purdy with a stronger arm and more athleticism.

I don't see the Mayfield comp for Williams.

Williams has a much better arm and is a much better mover than Mayfield, while lacking the pocket presence and QB smarts Mayfield showed.

To be fair I am not sure who is a good comp for Williams,maybe Josh Allen in that he will make big plays and terrible plays in bunches. He has top flight tools but holds the ball way, WAAAAAY too long and is careless with the football.I don't know if Pro coaching will break him of his Superman habits fully but if he does not learn to process quicker he is going to bust.

I don't see Pratt having Goff's arm talent, he is likely a fringe starter, career backup type.

I don't like Nix or Penix and McCarthy is almost 100% projection as he was not asked to do much at Michigan.He needs to go somewhere with good QB coaching and sit for a bit before he gets thrown out there. On the plus side he has off the charts intangibles, his teammates love him and will run through walls for him.Big time leader and winner and that counts for a lot.

If I was going to roll the dice on one of the guys who isn't Williams or Maye it would be McCarthy.

Really hard to get a comp for Caleb. I'd actually go with Mahomes -IF Mahomes got 5 Mil in college from NIL and social media, didn't get to sit a year learning from Alex Smith and Andy Reid, and had a really big head, before playing a single down, from social media and playing in LA.

Really hard to get a comp for Caleb. I'd actually go with Mahomes -IF Mahomes got 5 Mil in college from NIL and social media, didn't get to sit a year learning from Alex Smith and Andy Reid, and had a really big head, before playing a single down, from social media and playing in LA.
He can make Mahomesian throws and is probably a better runner but Mahomes is a stone cold killer.

I don't think Williams is the same kind of competitor.

Maye did not perform well in college, in his last season, he did not master that system. I cannot put trust in Maye to lead me to SB on rookieD
Didn't Marino have a bad senior year at Pitt? I thought I heard somewhere over the years that he lost most of his receivers for his senior year, but I'm not a big college fan so it could just have been my imagination. I do remember there were rumors of cannabis usage. In my opinion Danny was the best out of all six first-round quarterbacks that year. Knowing how many competent and amazing GM's reside here far be it from me criticize.

Mahomes head looks funny with his helmet on, almost like it's too small (the helmet), and oh yeah definitely walks like 3rd grade girl, with a broom handle stuck firmly up his...

I think it's more likely Nix will eventually be a highly sought after OC or HC than foundational starting QB in the NFL.
McDaniel seems to have a peculiar taste in QBs, I could see him taking someone like Taulia, Travis, or Slovis at the end of the draft.

I think it's more likely Nix will eventually be a highly sought after OC or HC than foundational starting QB in the NFL.
McDaniel seems to have a peculiar taste in QBs, I could see him taking someone like Taulia, Travis, or Slovis at the end of the draft.

How do we know what taste McDaniel has for QB’s? He had no other interviews. He told the Dolphins whatever it took to get the job as anyone would. No freaking way McDaniel is sitting around thinking he’s got to find another small average athlete with limitations to play QB.

How do we know what taste McDaniel has for QB’s? He had no other interviews. He told the Dolphins whatever it took to get the job as anyone would. No freaking way McDaniel is sitting around thinking he’s got to find another small average athlete with limitations to play QB.

Perhaps i should have been more clear with the caveat at the end of the draft. Two years in a row he brought in older guys that have talent and potentially under-produced in college such as Skylar Thompson and James Blackman. If he brings in someone like Taulia, Jordan Travis, or Kedon Slovis that would be potentially indicative of a trend.
Also the 49ers drafted CJ Beathard (shockingly high) and signed Nick Mullins when he was there.
He may have a type in the draft.

Perhaps i should have been more clear with the caveat at the end of the draft. Two years in a row he brought in older guys that have talent and potentially under-produced in college such as Skylar Thompson and James Blackman. If he brings in someone like Taulia, Jordan Travis, or Kedon Slovis that would be potentially indicative of a trend.
Also the 49ers drafted CJ Beathard (shockingly high) and signed Nick Mullins when he was there.
He may have a type in the draft.

Maybe. I just can’t see how a coach gets steam rolled by Allen, Mahomes and Jackson and concludes he needs less athleticism at the position.

Back
Top Bottom