Bonds Ties Ruth at 714 | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bonds Ties Ruth at 714

Barry who?

clear.gif

None of Bond's teamates came out to congratulate him. :lol:

RobFins2005 said:
I'll do whatever I want.

As far as steroids are concerned in regular society, I couldn't give a flip--if people want to put stuff in their bodies, let them...the war on drugs is a joke.

However, I do have a problem in that it gave Bonds a competitive advantage that the two players on the HR list ahead of him didn't have. And while I think the government should have taken to more pressing matters than "steroids in baseball"...sorry, I'm not impressed, and no Bonds homer fan is going to change my mind on that.

Yes, I know it has not been officially proved, but the main reason for that is because Bonds is a celebrity who can afford good lawyers. The evidence against him is overwhelming.

He was a good power hitter even before he 'allegedly' took steroids, no doubt--but he was more a 29-34 home run hitter. Hell, he was a LEADOFF HITTER early in his career. The first time he even eclipsed 40 was when he joined the Giants. And I'm not going to buy an aging player, who has never hit 50 home runs in a system, suddenly hits 73, then never eclipses 49 again.

Bonds can eat a dick. A good ballplayer, but he was no Ruth. Ruth was an SOB as a person, but at least he wasn't juiced. Well, except to Jeff Kent.

Yes but Bonds has had to deal with relief pitchers which Ruth didnt have too and I can just about guarantee that Aaron was on some kind of amphetemines or other pills during his career since everybody in the 60s and 70s was so its pointless to argue who has the biggest edge

adamprez2003 said:
Yes but Bonds has had to deal with relief pitchers which Ruth didnt have too and I can just about guarantee that Aaron was on some kind of amphetemines or other pills during his career since everybody in the 60s and 70s was so its pointless to argue who has the biggest edge

what does "just about guarantee" mean, exactly?

anyhow, everybody in baseball in the 60s and 70s were on amphetamines? amazing! could you provide a bit more there, and perhaps more convincing evidence about the hammer being on them than just guilt by association?

Difference is people in the 60's and 70's didnt start off the size of a peanut and end up as a watermelon

Look at Barry's body when he first came in compared to now, he is AT LEAST 3 times the size he was then, probally more

Sports should have no room for cheaters, get him outta there

RobFins2005 said:
I'll do whatever I want.

As far as steroids are concerned in regular society, I couldn't give a flip--if people want to put stuff in their bodies, let them...the war on drugs is a joke.

However, I do have a problem in that it gave Bonds a competitive advantage that the two players on the HR list ahead of him didn't have. And while I think the government should have taken to more pressing matters than "steroids in baseball"...sorry, I'm not impressed, and no Bonds homer fan is going to change my mind on that.

Yes, I know it has not been officially proved, but the main reason for that is because Bonds is a celebrity who can afford good lawyers. The evidence against him is overwhelming.

He was a good power hitter even before he 'allegedly' took steroids, no doubt--but he was more a 29-34 home run hitter. Hell, he was a LEADOFF HITTER early in his career. The first time he even eclipsed 40 was when he joined the Giants. And I'm not going to buy an aging player, who has never hit 50 home runs in a system, suddenly hits 73, then never eclipses 49 again.

Bonds can eat a dick. A good ballplayer, but he was no Ruth. Ruth was an SOB as a person, but at least he wasn't juiced. Well, except to Jeff Kent.

bottom line ruth would not even make a roster if he were playing today, he was a good hitter but the guy was fat and out of shape he would be a DH or a pitcher, there are about 20 players playing today that have more talent than ruth. bonds on or off roids is way better than ruth. players are better today in every sport,heck we got d-linemen running 4.4

nolefin said:
bottom line ruth would not even make a roster if he were playing today, he was a good hitter but the guy was fat and out of shape he would be a DH or a pitcher, there are about 20 players playing today that have more talent than ruth. bonds on or off roids is way better than ruth. players are better today in every sport,heck we got d-linemen running 4.4

YOU MUST BE KIDDING! :shakeno: :shakeno: :shakeno: :shakeno: :shakeno:

nolefin said:
WTF?

nolefin said:

HAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAAHAHAHAAHAHA

(breathes)

HAHAAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

oh man, I think this post makes this whole thread Spam by default.

PressCoverage said:
what does "just about guarantee" mean, exactly?

anyhow, everybody in baseball in the 60s and 70s were on amphetamines? amazing! could you provide a bit more there, and perhaps more convincing evidence about the hammer being on them than just guilt by association?

Didnt he admit to them in his bio?

Back
Top Bottom