Booker good fit in new offense | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Booker good fit in new offense

Heck Bookers #'s despite all the problems were the best #'s we've gotten out of a secondary WR since Chambers rookie year.

VanDolPhan said:
Heck Bookers #'s despite all the problems were the best #'s we've gotten out of a secondary WR since Chambers rookie year.

actually, they are the best #s since Ingram and Fryar were starting for us.

In all honesty, that is the type of combo I see Chambers and Booker being. I'm hoping that Chambers makes the step up to Fryars level (yes, even the level when we had him because I don't think he's there yet) and Booker reverts back to where he was in 2002 and 2003...in a perfect world of course
:) but we certainly need a qb that can get the ball to them.

I feel that given time to actually throw Feeley can be an above average QB. I think that Frerotte is an ideal backup for this offensive system. While I truly hope Feeley comes out of camp as the starting QB......I'm not going to be shocked if Gus wins it. If Gus does win the job....expect a 1st round pick spent next season on a QB. I still think we can be successful with Gus or Feeley but I still don't expect better than 9-7 or 8-8....I'd like to see better but I'll be satified (not happy) with 8-8 and picking in the mid-teens next year.

FiN.in.RI said:
I appreciate the optimisim and all but even with Booker as the #1, saying he'll eclipse his career high is a stretch, considering the big question mark at QB. I would be in complete argreement otherwise.

We're better off at QB than the Bears were at any point in his time there except possibly for the end of the 2003 season when they finally had a healthy Grossman playing. Gus is an improvement on guys like Jim Miller and Shane Matthews, and we know AJ will only be playing if he can beat out Gus. Chambers and McMichael will be around to compete for balls, but I think we could see something like 1250 out of Booker, 950 out of Chambers, and 700 out of McMichael. I like us for around 3600 yards this year in the air, and that leaves 700 yards for Ronnie and the rest.

ETA: Also, I said "perhaps", not that he would definitely do so.

Jimmy James said:
We're better off at QB than the Bears were at any point in his time there except possibly for the end of the 2003 season when they finally had a healthy Grossman playing. Gus is an improvement on guys like Jim Miller and Shane Matthews, and we know AJ will only be playing if he can beat out Gus. Chambers and McMichael will be around to compete for balls, but I think we could see something like 1250 out of Booker, 950 out of Chambers, and 700 out of McMichael. I like us for around 3600 yards this year in the air, and that leaves 700 yards for Ronnie and the rest.

If that were to happen....all we would need is for the defense to be better than what KC fielded last year and we actually make the playoffs. Of course I just think that's a little high but I like you're thinking.
:up:

Jimmy James said:

Again, some very optimistic numbers and there's nothing wrong with that or your reasoning... Me personally, I just can't be that optimistic yet.. Not at least until I hear some TC reports or a see 3rd preseason game.

I know you said 'perhaps', you (or anyone else) couldn't possibly know for sure.

zephon said:
If that were to happen....all we would need is for the defense to be better than what KC fielded last year and we actually make the playoffs. Of course I just think that's a little high but I like you're thinking.
:up:

Yea I agree.. Numbers JJ outlined along with a good defense should equal a playoff team, IMO.

PhinDude88 said:
I am glad to see that Booker will be a good fit. So would Chambers be like Moss was in Minny?
It would be good if he had Moss's success but the problems hes had on and of the field wont be good.

3600 yards is only 209 yards more than last year. I think maybe you guys are thinking we'll get more on the ground than I do. I'm only looking for about 1100 on the ground from Ronnie with maybe another 300 coming from other backs. That's a pretty good offense, but that 5000 yards pales in comparison to what the best offenses in the league will do.

I think you're also looking for more out of the defense than I am. I see a D in flux that isn't going to play up to 2003 form because veterans will be learning a new scheme and because we won't have ideal talent in places like S and CB (in terms of a 2nd corner, not depth -- we're good there). This team's strength is going to be this offense if Houck and Linehan are worth what they're being paid.

Throw him the @#$% ball!

The only thing wrong with Booker's numbers last year were the numbers of the QBs throwing him the ball! He's a big WR who can run and will do well in this offense, if the O-line can give the QB some time to throw and the WRs time for their routes.:)

PhinDude88 said:
Dolphins | Defining Booker's Fit - from www.KFFL.com
Sun, 15 May 2005 13:37:12 -0700

Jason Cole, reports for the Sporting News, Miami Dolphins WR Marty Booker should be an interesting fit in offensive coordinator Scott Linehan's new offense. Booker is a really good run-after-the-catch receiver who is best when getting the ball on the move. While Linehan's offense puts a premium on the deep ball, Booker could become the guy who runs the drag routes underneath the coverage as the outlet wide receiver.

Man I love these articles. I just want to send them to all the shmucks who said "trade Booker" all offseason. :lol:

DDTDON said:
That is one thing AJ does need to worry about is accuracy. He could thread a needle.

Cool I call him when i get a tear in my pants :roflmao: Lets just hope hit can hit our guys more ten there guys this year ( and i'm an AJ supporter :shakeno: )

3600 yards is only 209 yards more than last year. I think maybe you guys are thinking we'll get more on the ground than I do. I'm only looking for about 1100 on the ground from Ronnie with maybe another 300 coming from other backs. That's a pretty good offense, but that 5000 yards pales in comparison to what the best offenses in the league will do..

When reading your post, I was thinking more along the lines of Philly/NE (5000-5500 yds T.O.)offensive production, not Minny/Indy(6500+) off the charts offensive production.

I think you're also looking for more out of the defense than I am. I see a D in flux that isn't going to play up to 2003 form because veterans will be learning a new scheme and because we won't have ideal talent in places like S and CB (in terms of a 2nd corner, not depth -- we're good there). This team's strength is going to be this offense if Houck and Linehan are worth what they're being paid.

I don't see it as a problem for the core of the defense or for the newly acquired veterens to pick up this new system, I feel that their learning curve will be short. The way the defense will play is hugely unpredictable just like the offense but I think the phins have a real smart and talented group of players on defense that will perform average at least. I disagree with saying that the teams strength will be on offense. I think, ultimately, that the team's strength will be balance on all sides of the ball. Saban's bread and butter is the defense and his secondary, if there is ends up being a dominant force on this team, it will be on the Defense. :2c:

I think in the long term, we're going to have a great defense. Who are we returning as that core, though? It could be as few players as Taylor, Thomas, and Madison. I like Seau to start, but it wouldn't be a huge shock if somebody beat him out. Same goes for Chester. Even if they do start, half of the defense is new. I'm worried about it...

Philter25 said:
Man I love these articles. I just want to send them to all the shmucks who said "trade Booker" all offseason. :lol:

Marty booker sucks. Look at him, he has human emotions. He crys when he "misses his kids"

Back
Top Bottom