Boomer, your thoughts on these WR's.. | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Boomer, your thoughts on these WR's..

IMO, we definately need to take a WR on day 1. If Mike Clayton is there at 20, you take him. If we were to get #19 or #23 for Wale(though he may stay), then I'd surely use one of my 2 first rounders on a WR.

I like Samie Parker a lot though.

Originally posted by RUDEbyallMEANS

Do you know much about Starling??

This guy is an excellent athlete in all phases of being an athlete with his speed, agility, vertcal leap and all.. His character is in question though..
why not spend a 7th on this kid??

Here's what the PFW Draft Book, from the beginning of the season, says about him:
"A height-weight-speed prospect who flashes the ability to make the tough catch but makes too many easy drops. Has very good timed & playing speed & athletic ability. Needs to sharpen his routes & become more polished. Will compete in traffic for the ball. Must improve running after the catch & show the ability to stretch the field."

Since Tauti Wooden & Jamal Broussard started ahead of Starling it doesn't look good for him.

Hard to believe that we'd draft 2 WR's considering that we do have Tolver, Simmons and Newson waiting in the wings besides CC and a rookie that we would probably take in the 1st round.That's if we do cut Thopmson and Mcnkight. I don't see room for another WR in there but of course I could be wrong.

Ozzy rules!!

Ah no no bud. There are alot more options that are better than some of those listed.

So basically, from what I hear from Smad and Ownz84...

Wr's after 3rd round are no good in this draft...

Nah, not at all. What we're saying is that we need to pick a WR on day 1. You can't take a WR on day 2 and expect him to be more than a #4 WR. Can it happen? Of course. But expectations are extremely lower.

So basically, from what I hear from Smad and Ownz84...

Wr's after 3rd round are no good in this draft...

No no no, there are plenty of good receivers that may fall to the 5. Like Brandon Lloyd in the 4th & Justin Gage in the 5th last year. I just don't think Starling or Thomas will be drafted.

There are some later round WRs with potential like Triandos Luke, Justin Jenkins, PK Sam, Drew Carter, Traman Douglas, Maurice Brown, & Jason Geathers. There are plenty.

Two words for all of you: Keary Colbert. Incredible hands and the perfect posession receiver.

Originally posted by Cranx
Two words for all of you: Keary Colbert. Incredible hands and the perfect posession receiver.

I believe we already have a posession receiver in Chris Chambers. The quote that I hear more often in articles and from talk shows is that opposing teams coaches are always saying that Miami has nothing to scare them "speed" wise. Double team Chambers and slow Ricky and there is essentially little to be afraid of. Personally, I'd like to see a real burner out there, someone who is a threat to take it the distance. Chambers will/is starting to emerge as the posession receiver, what this offense needs is an Alvin Harper type deep threat.

A few guys that i dont think ive seen anyone talk about on here that i belive will be late round steals are....
1-Darius Watts-Marshall
2-Jerico Cotchery-NC State
3-John Standeford-Purdue
4-Derek Abney-Kentucky

There are a couple of guys who i think we could look at in the third:

Jerricho Cotchery - especially good if we draft Rivers. Cotchery was Rivers' go to guy at NC State

BJ Johnson - solid reciever, possible Oronde Gadsden mould. Underrated because of being overshadowed by Roy Williams at Texas

How about Lee Evans? He was a top five prospect before his injury and had a good year this year. He also is from Wisconsin and is said to be CC+:eek: They know each other and are friends. CC can help bring him along more quickly and perhaps he could start day one. I wish he was bigger (5-10) but if he plays like CC he might as well be 6-3.

Evans and Henderson would have to be drafted in the first, cause we wouldn't have another crack at them in the third.

Back
Top Bottom