Boomer, your thoughts on these WR's.. | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Boomer, your thoughts on these WR's..

Originally posted by ChambersOwnz84
Nah, not at all. What we're saying is that we need to pick a WR on day 1. You can't take a WR on day 2 and expect him to be more than a #4 WR. Can it happen? Of course. But expectations are extremely lower.

Originally posted by SMadison29
No no no, there are plenty of good receivers that may fall to the 5. Like Brandon Lloyd in the 4th & Justin Gage in the 5th last year. I just don't think Starling or Thomas will be drafted.

There are some later round WRs with potential like Triandos Luke, Justin Jenkins, PK Sam, Drew Carter, Traman Douglas, Maurice Brown, & Jason Geathers. There are plenty.

True True..

Crotchery from what I heard is very very very slow.. I like Drew Carter, PK Sam and the others listed in my other post above...

as a Buckeye fan who hasn't missed a game in 15 years, elt me tell you this about Drew Carter.

WOW !!

Before he was hurt he was another Cris Carter, he just catches EVERYTHING thrown his way. Has the speed to get seperation and the hands.

He would be a STEAL on day 2, IF he's healthy.

Originally posted by finjim
as a Buckeye fan who hasn't missed a game in 15 years, elt me tell you this about Drew Carter.
WOW !!
Before he was hurt he was another Cris Carter, he just catches EVERYTHING thrown his way. Has the speed to get seperation and the hands.
He would be a STEAL on day 2, IF he's healthy.

FinJim.. I've never seen him play, but I've read very good things about this guy.. Drew Carter has excellent hands and excellent speedalong with excellent size (6-4 and 200lbs.)

From what you've seen, what would be his drawbacks that have him ranked at around the 20th best WR in the draft?? I'm pretty sure it'll change when the combine and personal workouts are done because of his physical ability.. But what is up with this guy??

Originally posted by phinphan

I believe we already have a posession receiver in Chris Chambers. The quote that I hear more often in articles and from talk shows is that opposing teams coaches are always saying that Miami has nothing to scare them "speed" wise. Double team Chambers and slow Ricky and there is essentially little to be afraid of. Personally, I'd like to see a real burner out there, someone who is a threat to take it the distance. Chambers will/is starting to emerge as the posession receiver, what this offense needs is an Alvin Harper type deep threat.

Dude, what are you talking about? Chambers is considered a deep threat and a burner; always has been and will be into the forseeable future. McKnight is also an extremely fast receiver. The problem was not that Miami lacked a quality deep threat, it's that they lack a guy who can go over the middle and get the tough yards on a regualar basis a la OG a couple of years ago and OJ before him. You might want to brush up on your receiver knowledge there sport.

Rude,

Honestly he's been stuck behind Jenkins and others, this year he had his chance and was looking great until he got hurt. Remember OSU is predominantly a run first team, not alot of passes to go around.

The guy I want we should be able to get in round 3 and thats Darius Watts the guy has GOOD Hands and has Excellent spped his only downfall is that he doesnt take to getting hit to well!!

As for Sloan Thomas......When Roy williams,Johnson and Sloan were all toegether and asked out of the 3 of you who is the best WR and both Roy and Johnson both said SLOAN!!

Sloan is worth the risk of a 5-6 rounder!!

Originally posted by musphinzfan
The guy I want we should be able to get in round 3 and thats Darius Watts the guy has GOOD Hands and has Excellent spped his only downfall is that he doesnt take to getting hit to well!!

As for Sloan Thomas......When Roy williams,Johnson and Sloan were all toegether and asked out of the 3 of you who is the best WR and both Roy and Johnson both said SLOAN!!

Sloan is worth the risk of a 5-6 rounder!!

I don't know if Sloan is better than Roy Williams, but I knnow that Sloan is a baller..

Watts is very slender, maybe the only knock on him as well as being injury prone..

Originally posted by Cranx

Dude, what are you talking about? Chambers is considered a deep threat and a burner; always has been and will be into the forseeable future. McKnight is also an extremely fast receiver. The problem was not that Miami lacked a quality deep threat, it's that they lack a guy who can go over the middle and get the tough yards on a regualar basis a la OG a couple of years ago and OJ before him. You might want to brush up on your receiver knowledge there sport.

LMAO...nothing wrong with my reciever knowledge. Essentially, Chambers is being asked to fulfill the Micheal Irvin role. If Chambers hasn't been a consistent "possession receiver" so far, its through his lack of development within that function. Chambers CAN go deep, but make no mistake...he isn't a true burner. Usually, number one guys are first and foremost possession receivers, with some of them (like Chambers) having enough speed to be an occasional deep threat. So either you are correct about Chambers, or Miami lacks a number one receiver....so which is it sport??

3 pages and the guy in the title of this thread does'nt show up.
:confused:

Back
Top Bottom