Boston Has To Lose First His Ego---then The Muscle Will Follow. | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Boston Has To Lose First His Ego---then The Muscle Will Follow.

I've been concerned with Boston lately too. And I think DCH is right. It's an ego thing. To have not made one bit of progress in 7 weeks (in losing weight)?? It seems like he's being pigheaded about this. And he absolutely must get his head on straight and lose weight or this offense could be in trouble. It also puts further onus on us to get something done with Chris Chambers contract-wise. To think that if we would have just selected Anquan Boldin instead of Eddie Moore (like Speilman wanted), we wouldn't STILL be having these conversations. But what good does it do now to look back. I guess I'm just p*ssed at Boston.

As for our OL, I think they'll be ok. It'll take awhile to gel. But I belive those guys will plow the road in the meantime. Especially if Whitley wins out at RG. And down the stretch....these guys could really do some damage in the run game. I think we did a pretty good job of getting bigger, younger, and nastier.

Seth McKinney is the wild card. IMO if he proves he can handle things and be more than Ruddy was physically, it bodes very well for us. We absolutely cannot have a whole at center. I think playing next to James could benefit the growth of Smith and McKinney

A)A.J Feeley is an experiment thast might take a while to develop into a starter or might never be a starting QB.Everyone thinks this guy is a savior but need to realize he is an EXPERIMENT!

B)Boston will be a letdown because he has show ability to play at a very high level.

I don't think we can classify A.J. Feeley as an "experiment". Not when we've got a future #2 pick and $3 million in signing bonus tied up in him. I'd classify it as a "commitment".

well last time i checked big db has bleeding in his leg would you want to practice like that.let's cut the guy some slack it's only mini-camp gezzzzzzzzzzzz!!!!!!

Feely Was Brought In Here To Start, Period..

Im Going To Get Back In Here--- Just To Remind Everyone That Feely Was Brought In Here To Start Now, Not Later. This Is No Experiment Project Here. It Seems That Ron Wolf Had Passed His Insight On Feely To Eddie Jones, When They Met, And Then Spielman Went On And Did His Own Evaluation...and Decided That He Would Be The #1 Guy Out There To Target, Once Brunnell Was Going To Washington.

This Is On Spielmans Watch Right Now, And Its Going To Be Interesting To See What Happens, Particularly If Jay Fiedler Continues To Out-play Him. Wannstedt Will Not Just Start Feely Beecause Of The Trade Implications...he Has To Earn The Job, And If Feely Is Not The Answer And If Heaven Forbid---he Busts Out As Nothing More Than A Backup Qb....spielman Will Be The Guy Who Will Be On Waynes Hot Seat...because It Is A Known Fact That Wayne Would Like To See Fiedler Replaced By Someone Better In The Dolphins Offense. Every Gm Who Came In And Talked With Wayne And Jones,...told Them To Upgrade The Qb Position...and That Feely Move By Speilman Is Already Being Talked About Around The Football Inner Circles..you Dont Give Up A Second Round Pick And 3 Million A Year For Someone Who May Not Be An Upgrade Over Jay Fieldler.

Bottom Line....if Feely Is On The Bench...when The Season Rolls Along....this Trade Is A Collossal Mistake By Speilman, And If You Couple That With The Possible Disaster Of Not Having Another Receiver Ready To Step Up If David Boston Does Not Shape Up.....you Are Really Talking About Another Year Of Dismal And Pathetic Execution On Offense....and It Will Most Likely Be The End Of This Coaching Regime... No...it Will Be The End.

i think part of the problem with boston has to do with expectation. he has always been the star of the show and, as such has been able to do as he pleases. he thinks his personal work-outs suffice for team work-outs. he has said he was not expecting to work this hard already. sure he has said is glad is no longer the focal point but that also makes him one of the grunts and he has to be socially part of that. when he gets over that, things will start to turn around for him. sullivan will bring him around. and even if doesn't, we did not invest that much for him.

DIRTYCASHHOLDIN said:
Jones,...told Them To Upgrade The Qb Position...and That Feely Move By Speilman Is Already Being Talked About Around The Football Inner Circles..you Dont Give Up A Second Round Pick And 3 Million A Year For Someone Who May Not Be An Upgrade Over Jay Fieldler.

Bottom Line....if Feely Is On The Bench...when The Season Rolls Along....this Trade Is A Collossal Mistake By Speilman, And If You Couple That With The Possible Disaster Of Not Having Another Receiver Ready To Step Up If David Boston Does Not Shape Up.....you Are Really Talking About Another Year Of Dismal And Pathetic Execution On Offense....and It Will Most Likely Be The End Of This Coaching Regime... No...it Will Be The End.

Not really. Jay may start and get hurt week 6. Then Feeley could come in and go undefeated the rest of the way and lead us to the superbowl and you'd still consider it a collossal mistake? And they've already said they may get a vet WR before the season starts.

I'm, realizing there are a lot of wolf crying fans here. It's almost depressing to come and read some of these posts if you actually believe them.

Muck said:
To have not made one bit of progress in 7 weeks (in losing weight)??

HEHHH... I'll put him on my beer and no exercise diet. He'll lose body tone AND weight (isn't that ultimately what has to happen?). Wonder what a personal trainer makes for the special situation where an athlete needs to lose weight but has no body fat to spare? :D

bigmiamifan said:
Not really. Jay may start and get hurt week 6. Then Feeley could come in and go undefeated the rest of the way and lead us to the superbowl and you'd still consider it a collossal mistake? And they've already said they may get a vet WR before the season starts.

I'm, realizing there are a lot of wolf crying fans here. It's almost depressing to come and read some of these posts if you actually believe them.
Two thumbs up! I'm so glad everyone is willing to give the guy until training camp to come in and take over the offense from a guy that has been running it for 4 years.

How many times does the Hasselbeck example, or even the Brett Favre example need to be said. Just because the guiy doesn't come in and immediately set the world on fire, doesn't mean that he doesn't have the talent to do it eventually.

Delhomme didn't even win the starting job in TC last year...

Talk about rushing to judgement, sheez....:shakeno:

And you're right, it does get depressing reading all the doomsayers.

KBISBACK said:
Notice the size of these linemen:

Smith -- 315 lbs (Will probably be 320 lbs by training camp)
James -- 310 lbs
McKinney -- 305 lbs
Whitely -- 320 lbs
Carey -- 335 lbs
St. Clair -- 320 lbs
McIntosh -- 325 lbs

Even better....the TC roster lists James at 320. :cool2:

Big ol line we're growing here. Amazing that at 27, James is also our OLDEST offensive lineman.

Boomer said:
I completely disagree about Wade Smith - he is developing into an excellent player. I have NO concerns about his talent. To me - and a lot of people within the league - he should be pushing for Pro Bowl honours down the road. The guy has great feet, an excellent kick slide and good, good hands. He is absolutely a solid prospect at T. In terms of who our back up LT is, it wouldn't surprise me to see James slide over to LT until McIntosh is ready, as he played T at both Auburn and at Carolina.

Wade also had a bad hammy.

Oliver...

Personally, I think the "Boston needs to lose weight" thing is FAR overblown. Maybe if it was slowing him down, but the games I saw him in last year he was the fastest guy on the field. I don't know how many times I saw him run away from CB's and S's like they were standing still.

I don't think losing 10 pounds is really going to change his game all that much. I understant when a guy drops 10 pounds of FAT, that can do wonders for his game, because the extra fat causes him to be lethargic and there is no point carrying around useless weight. But, Boston is in peak shape.

Look at it this way... he played at the weight he is at now last year (if not heavier, from reports) and he put up production equal to Chambers, who many tout as the greatest thing since sliced bread, with LESS support around him. Boston had no other viable receivers opposite him (Chambers at least has McMicheal), a QB situation much worse than ours, and he was in the coach's doghouse... so he wasn't looking to find ways to give Boston extra looks.

The way I look at it is... there are Linebackers and Defensive Ends in the league who carry around the same, or more, muscle mass and are extremely fast, and it is viewed as an assett. Why is it that a Wide Receiver can't carry around some extra muscle, if it doesn't affect his speed?? Does everyone have to fit into the stereotypical skinny guy to be a receiver. Boston showed he can dominate the field in Arizona at a size bigger than most on the field.

His problem in San Diego wasn't his weight... it was his focus. I say we take his strengths and USE them, rather than trying to transform him into something he is not.

grooves12 said:
Personally, I think the "Boston needs to lose weight" thing is FAR overblown. Maybe if it was slowing him down, but the games I saw him in last year he was the fastest guy on the field. I don't know how many times I saw him run away from CB's and S's like they were standing still.

I don't think losing 10 pounds is really going to change his game all that much. I understant when a guy drops 10 pounds of FAT, that can do wonders for his game, because the extra fat causes him to be lethargic and there is no point carrying around useless weight. But, Boston is in peak shape.

Look at it this way... he played at the weight he is at now last year (if not heavier, from reports) and he put up production equal to Chambers, who many tout as the greatest thing since sliced bread, with LESS support around him. Boston had no other viable receivers opposite him (Chambers at least has McMicheal), a QB situation much worse than ours, and he was in the coach's doghouse... so he wasn't looking to find ways to give Boston extra looks.

The way I look at it is... there are Linebackers and Defensive Ends in the league who carry around the same, or more, muscle mass and are extremely fast, and it is viewed as an assett. Why is it that a Wide Receiver can't carry around some extra muscle, if it doesn't affect his speed?? Does everyone have to fit into the stereotypical skinny guy to be a receiver. Boston showed he can dominate the field in Arizona at a size bigger than most on the field.

His problem in San Diego wasn't his weight... it was his focus. I say we take his strengths and USE them, rather than trying to transform him into something he is not.

His best production as a WR has come when he was weighing in the 230's, he needs to get back there. I have no doubt he will, but the 230's is the MAX weight this guy should carry around. His lower body is just too small when he weighs more than that and that's why he has had so many lower body injuries when he weighs over the 230's.

Oliver...

Have you seen how skinny his ankles are??

It's all about bone structure. Some guys just aren't equiped to carry that much weight and do the things a WR does. It's the reason why Boston would make such a great body builder: those smaller bones.

And you have to remember, Boston is also just over 6-1. Terrell Owens, Andre Johnson, Mike Williams.....those guys are 6-5 and have bigger frames. Boston isn't supposed to be that big and play WR. Just as Tim Bowens and Larry Chester supposed to be 360+ with those knees.

From that ever-famous ESPN article:

Yeah, I'm over 250. But I'll be 240 on opening day. I can lose weight any time I want."

If that is true, then he is just refusing to lose the weight. Or until he absolutely has to. Just hope he comes down to 230. Isn't that in his contract??

Either way, he is going to be hell at the LOS for opposing CBs.

Back
Top Bottom