Boston Has To Lose First His Ego---then The Muscle Will Follow. | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Boston Has To Lose First His Ego---then The Muscle Will Follow.

Boomer said:
Grooves - actually it was Harris:

"That's a pretty good move," Wannstedt said. "The guy we were going to give up the whole draft for (Stanford tackle Kwame Harris, drafted by 49ers), I don't think he played as much as Wade did. Time will tell how that pans out. But we were willing to give up six years worth of drafts for him on draft day. I'm exaggerating, but..."

http://www.wacotrib.com/sports/content/shared
/sports/nfl/preseason/0421_schad.html;
COXnetJSessionID=
Af2tAlG0yN6qfc6n512EHK4DEKR35L2n7ly4egFFtT
z3rLHTXARk!-1318438109?urac=n&urvf=

And LAFin - way to go with the personal attack about where I live. I would imagine that my time on this board and my contributions would make most people forget where I live to be honest. As for being at the practices or not - I actually watch tapes of games rather than see what happens in a meaningless QB camp 4 months away from the season. I actually watch the kid in college and see what he's going to be like. Hey, but you take the opinion of the people sitting in the bleachers whilst a load of guys in shorts play pat-a-cake with defensive linemen. The fact that he had a hammy strain isn't enough for him to sit - I'm happy that he worked whilst it was strained as it shows that he can get it done whilst not at 100%. I again re-iterate that he couldn't kick slide or make anything more than gentle contact. I will go with my own analysis of Smith based on actually games, which is the same opinion as guys like Jeff Fisher, Tony Wise, Jason Taylor, Hugh Douglas, Michael Strahan, etc, which, with all due respect, I value more than some fans sitting in the stands IN MAY.
To clarify, when you say play patty-cake, you mean that wade smith is not allowed to explode out of his stance and land a powerful punch to JT's chest possibly slowing him down or shoving him wide of the QB right?

It does seem kinda silly to judge a lineman at a time when he's not even allowed to use ALL his tools and techniques.

Boomer, you could live in Tim-buc-tu...

Boomer said:
And LAFin - way to go with the personal attack about where I live. I would imagine that my time on this board and my contributions would make most people forget where I live to be honest. As for being at the practices or not - I actually watch tapes of games rather than see what happens in a meaningless QB camp 4 months away from the season. I actually watch the kid in college and see what he's going to be like. Hey, but you take the opinion of the people sitting in the bleachers whilst a load of guys in shorts play pat-a-cake with defensive linemen. The fact that he had a hammy strain isn't enough for him to sit - I'm happy that he worked whilst it was strained as it shows that he can get it done whilst not at 100%. I again re-iterate that he couldn't kick slide or make anything more than gentle contact. I will go with my own analysis of Smith based on actually games, which is the same opinion as guys like Jeff Fisher, Tony Wise, Jason Taylor, Hugh Douglas, Michael Strahan, etc, which, with all due respect, I value more than some fans sitting in the stands IN MAY.

and it wouldn't take away from your knowledge and contributions to finheaven and Dolfantalk. Don't take this as me being a kiss-***, but I have learned a bunch from guys like you, who take the time to study film and pass along the knowledge you have learned. Not to mention a common sense and patient approach to players and player development.

Steve

inFINSible said:
To clarify, when you say play patty-cake, you mean that wade smith is not allowed to explode out of his stance and land a powerful punch to JT's chest possibly slowing him down or shoving him wide of the QB right?

It does seem kinda silly to judge a lineman at a time when he's not even allowed to use ALL his tools and techniques.

Hehehe Infins. That's EXACTLY what I mean. I would think that in the Meadowlands, people are saying the same about how Strahan is beating Petigout, in Green Bay how KGB is beating Chad Clifton, in Atlanta how Pat Kerney is beating on Bob Whitfield, how Jordan Gross is having it handed to him by Mike Rucker, etc etc. It's May. It's virtually non contact.

Steve - thanks mate. :)

LAfinfan said:
However, don't believe everything you read. If Smith was hurt why was he in practice ??? You may be right, and it's laughable however,most at the practice do not agree with you . However, you know best you are in London. :)

But then again, most of us that know that in Qb Schools, and in Mini Camps, the offensive line is the one unit that is at a disadvantage! And some of us mention it in their reports.

;)

Even if Boomer lived on the moon it would not bother me one bit. I mean somehow he gets his info, watches plenty of football, and he is one of the best draft guys I've seen on the net, including a lot of those that get paid for it.

Ozzy said:
But then again, most of us that know that in Qb Schools, and in Mini Camps, the offensive line is the one unit that is at a disadvantage! And some of us mention it in their reports.

;)

Even if Boomer lived on the moon it would not bother me one bit. I mean somehow he gets his info, watches plenty of football, and he is one of the best draft guys I've seen on the net, including a lot of those that get paid for it.
:up:....and on the other hand, the only thing that the D-line can really do in these camps is practice their speed rushes and evasive moves....which totally compounds the "problem" of misdiagnosing the offense line play.

inFINSible said:
:up:....and on the other hand, the only thing that the D-line can really do in these camps is practice their speed rushes and evasive moves....which totally compounds the "problem" of misdiagnosing the offense line play.

This gets a big BINGO!!!

Back
Top Bottom