Boston Has To Lose First His Ego---then The Muscle Will Follow. | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Boston Has To Lose First His Ego---then The Muscle Will Follow.

This Wade Smith stuff cracks me up. LA Fin - to say that we have a legitimate concern is one of the most laughable things I have read on this site in ages. Did you not see him last year?? You watched a May QB school where our 2nd year LT, who was allowed minimal contact and who wasn't kick sliding because of a hamstring injury was getting beaten by the NFL's finest pass rushing defendive end. In May. In shells. With a bad hammy. Watch the games in September and watch him play. Don't give off this nonsense about him being a "legitimate concern" after a couple of non contact QB schools 4 months from the season's start, when it was obvious to most people that Smith has a very bright future and tremendous upside. We almost gave up most of our draft last year for Stanford RT Kwame Harris. I saw Harris start at LT for the 9ers last year and I obviously saw Smith start all season. Smith was the better player. By a long way. This stuff about Wade is non-sensical and people who continually bring it up should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.

Actually, from the reports I got, they were not interested in Harris. The front office was looking to trade up to get Eric Steinbach.

I think boston knows exactly what he is doing, i think he knows his body better then anyone else in the world, I don't think there is going to be a problem at all concerning boston. I don't think it is fair to judge him because he missed practice due to a bleeding shin, I also don't think it is fair to say that his ego is getting in the way of his performance and ability to lose weight. I just think that we need to backoff feeley and d-bo and let the thing progress a little bit farther then the early stages of mini-camp before we start getting our panties in a bunch.

I'm finally catching up on this week's reading (papers....don't getmuch chance during the week).

Sullivan said to the Herald.....

''We went through this before,'' Sullivan said. ``My first year in Arizona [2001], he was 241 [pounds] when I first saw him, but he played at 228. He hasn't practiced yet. When he does that, he'll lose the weight in a hurry. He has to watch what he eats. He bulks up fast if he's lifting weights a lot.''

sullivan+boston=match made in heaven for finfans imo. He won't let his mentor down. He will be a force like we have never seen at the wr position, imo.

KAISER said:
sullivan+boston=match made in heaven for finfans imo. He won't let his mentor down. He will be a force like we have never seen at the wr position, imo.

I don't know if you might have seen them, but I know you have heard of Mark Duper and Mark Clayton, now, that was a tandem force to be reckon with in their haydays... :)

DIRTYCASHHOLDIN said:
Im Going To Get Back In Here--- Just To Remind Everyone That Feely Was Brought In Here To Start Now, Not Later. This Is No Experiment Project Here. It Seems That Ron Wolf Had Passed His Insight On Feely To Eddie Jones, When They Met, And Then Spielman Went On And Did His Own Evaluation...and Decided That He Would Be The #1 Guy Out There To Target, Once Brunnell Was Going To Washington.

This Is On Spielmans Watch Right Now, And Its Going To Be Interesting To See What Happens, Particularly If Jay Fiedler Continues To Out-play Him. Wannstedt Will Not Just Start Feely Beecause Of The Trade Implications...he Has To Earn The Job, And If Feely Is Not The Answer And If Heaven Forbid---he Busts Out As Nothing More Than A Backup Qb....spielman Will Be The Guy Who Will Be On Waynes Hot Seat...because It Is A Known Fact That Wayne Would Like To See Fiedler Replaced By Someone Better In The Dolphins Offense. Every Gm Who Came In And Talked With Wayne And Jones,...told Them To Upgrade The Qb Position...and That Feely Move By Speilman Is Already Being Talked About Around The Football Inner Circles..you Dont Give Up A Second Round Pick And 3 Million A Year For Someone Who May Not Be An Upgrade Over Jay Fieldler.

Bottom Line....if Feely Is On The Bench...when The Season Rolls Along....this Trade Is A Collossal Mistake By Speilman, And If You Couple That With The Possible Disaster Of Not Having Another Receiver Ready To Step Up If David Boston Does Not Shape Up.....you Are Really Talking About Another Year Of Dismal And Pathetic Execution On Offense....and It Will Most Likely Be The End Of This Coaching Regime... No...it Will Be The End.

well that just about says it all. everyone pack your bags. start picking who you want as teh next head coach.

"Boston Has To Lose First His Ego---then The Muscle Will Follow."

I doubt that Mr. Boston will have a major personality change. He is what he is.

The weight loss will come when he establishes the correct diet for his target weight. He simply needs to limit his protein intake (since fat is NOT a problem). If his target weight is 229 then he needs to limit his protein intake to 115 grams per day. If he just needs to loose about 10 lbs it should be no big deal.

It looks like Boston's initial problem is that he is not used to working as hard as the Dolphins work. It's a culture shock. He need to adjust to how hard the Dolphins work. It's a good challenge for him. Obviously, the internal bleeding thing is going to slow him down.

This first QB school is a rehearsal to the rehearsal. Many players are not at their optimal weight, playing shape, or full mental grasp of the scheme.

We are talking about "practice" (not in an Iverson way). Progress will be seen and measured right here in Finheaven.

Boomer I hope your right

However, don't believe everything you read. If Smith was hurt why was he in practice ??? You may be right, and it's laughable however,most at the practice do not agree with you . However, you know best you are in London. :)

Muck said:
I don't think we can classify A.J. Feeley as an "experiment". Not when we've got a future #2 pick and $3 million in signing bonus tied up in him. I'd classify it as a "commitment".

A future second round pick?Big deal.The Dolphins acquire a veteran QB who can possibly start down the road or at least a capable backup.

3 million signing Bonus isn't much when you spread it out over his contract length and he is getting pay peanuts for base salary.

2nd round pick = Big Deal?? Man, if we're ever a GMs....CALL ME!! :tongue:

You don't trade away #2 picks on a whim. Especially when you rarely have all your high picks year-to-year. And CERTAINLY not for players you don't project to be big contributors.

I wouldn't mind picking up a vet QB. But I don't see many out there worth a darn.

I agree, We do seem to get a little impatient...

inFINSible said:
Two thumbs up! I'm so glad everyone is willing to give the guy until training camp to come in and take over the offense from a guy that has been running it for 4 years.

How many times does the Hasselbeck example, or even the Brett Favre example need to be said. Just because the guiy doesn't come in and immediately set the world on fire, doesn't mean that he doesn't have the talent to do it eventually.

Delhomme didn't even win the starting job in TC last year...

Talk about rushing to judgement, sheez....:shakeno:

And you're right, it does get depressing reading all the doomsayers.

as Phin fans. From what I understand, AJ did show steady improvement as the camps went on. Many have said he struggled with the defensive pressure. Well, so did our OL. He can practice throwing to recievers all day long and learning the play book, on his own time, between camps, but how is he going to simulate the pressure Jason Taylor is going to put on him? Answer? Only in the camps. We need to remember that the camps are for learning and refining players skills. Steady improvement and a good attitude is all we can hope for until the pads come on, then we will really see what AJ can bring to the table.

Steve

The Sky is falling.... :roflmao:
The Sky is falling.... :roflmao:

If you guys think we have fears... imagine how Giants' fans feel about Eli.

I'll take a fat David Boston over a skinny Derrius Thompson ANY DAY.

We knew what we were getting when we traded for him. It's obvious he's never been a practice guy. There's no reason to think Miami's money is GREENER and has magical influence. And, there's no reason to think he won't fail Sullivan. Times are different and circumstances are different. If Sullivan TRUELY knows what makes Boston tick, he'll rediscover him.

Let's wait until August before we clinical.

Grooves - actually it was Harris:

"That's a pretty good move," Wannstedt said. "The guy we were going to give up the whole draft for (Stanford tackle Kwame Harris, drafted by 49ers), I don't think he played as much as Wade did. Time will tell how that pans out. But we were willing to give up six years worth of drafts for him on draft day. I'm exaggerating, but..."

http://www.wacotrib.com/sports/content/shared
/sports/nfl/preseason/0421_schad.html;
COXnetJSessionID=
Af2tAlG0yN6qfc6n512EHK4DEKR35L2n7ly4egFFtT
z3rLHTXARk!-1318438109?urac=n&urvf=

And LAFin - way to go with the personal attack about where I live. I would imagine that my time on this board and my contributions would make most people forget where I live to be honest. As for being at the practices or not - I actually watch tapes of games rather than see what happens in a meaningless QB camp 4 months away from the season. I actually watch the kid in college and see what he's going to be like. Hey, but you take the opinion of the people sitting in the bleachers whilst a load of guys in shorts play pat-a-cake with defensive linemen. The fact that he had a hammy strain isn't enough for him to sit - I'm happy that he worked whilst it was strained as it shows that he can get it done whilst not at 100%. I again re-iterate that he couldn't kick slide or make anything more than gentle contact. I will go with my own analysis of Smith based on actually games, which is the same opinion as guys like Jeff Fisher, Tony Wise, Jason Taylor, Hugh Douglas, Michael Strahan, etc, which, with all due respect, I value more than some fans sitting in the stands IN MAY.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom