Boston-New York Destiny? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Boston-New York Destiny?

Do the Yankees and Red Sox meet in the ALCS?

• Yes

Votes: 5 26.3%
  • No, Anaheim knocks out New York

Votes: 7 36.8%
  • No, Chicago Knocks out Boston

Votes: 4 21.1%
  • No, Both Anaheim and Chicago win their Divisional Matchups

Votes: 3 15.8%

• Total voters
nyjunc said:
actually Mariano threw a 1/3 of an inning less this year and 3 less appearances and Gordon threw 9 less innings in 1 less appearance but regradless both appear MUCH fresher this year compared to last year.

as far as the rotation we have a stopper this year, we didn't ave that last year. Randy has been a big game pitcher for us down the stretch and I expect that to continue.

I'm wrong then I should have checked the numbers first. But I still don't agree about them being fresher but that's fine.

Agreed Johnson (eventhough he doesn't have great post season numbers) is going to be in my book a lock for wins this year.

I tihnk the Yankees are going to get put out by the Angels and Boston is going to make there series go 7 and it will go either way.

Ray Finkle said:
I'm wrong then I should have checked the numbers first. But I still don't agree about them being fresher but that's fine.

Agreed Johnson (eventhough he doesn't have great post season numbers) is going to be in my book a lock for wins this year.

Gordon was out of gas by this time last year and Mo was gutting it out but was hittable. This year they are coming in pitching much better.

nyjunc said:
Gordon was out of gas by this time last year and Mo was gutting it out but was hittable. This year they are coming in pitching much better.

I could be totally wrong because I haven't seen a full Yankee game since the beginning of September but it seemed to me like Rivera was very hittable although still getting the job done. That's why I'm saying Rivera isn't fresh.

2 earned runs in the whole month of September and 10 hits in 15 innings pitched LMAO. Real hittable Finkle. Keep trying to convince yourself he's tired! :lol:

Also, Mo hasn't surrendered a run to the Red Sox since the 3rd game of the season. He's faced them numerous times including facing your best hitters in big spots.

Also Mo surrenderd only one run in 4 and 2/3 IP against Anaheim and the run he gave up was in a game where the Yankees used him for 2 innings and that was after he pitched the night before (and retired the side and struck out 2).

Plus the only time MO even gave up a hit against the White Sox was when once again he pitched a 2nd inning and other then that the White Sox didn't get one hit against him in his other 2 appearences (or maybe 3 not sure). I'd rather have MO over Timlin, Jenks, or K-Rod. K-Rod is a good closer and is proven in the post-season but he is having an off year by his standards and the Yankees have touched him big already. When Mo is giving up runs, then say he's tired but until then stop with your wishful thinking and look at the facts. Plus if you haven't been watching the Yankees game, how can you comment? I have watched every Boston game for the last 2 months on MLB.tv and Schilling cannot pitch good unless he's got a 6 run lead AND THAT IS A FACT!

FinsNYanksFan13 said:
2 earned runs in the whole month of September and 10 hits in 15 innings pitched LMAO. Real hittable Finkle. Keep trying to convince yourself he's tired! :lol:

The fact is he has been hittable and also his control was also all over the place at times since August, he was clearly a different pitcher after the All-Star Break which probably had a lot to do with being over used. Also again he's not 26 anymore and he pitched an awful lot the past 3 years. If we all agree that he was tired going into the 2004 playoffs then I don't see why he can't be tired going into this year's playoffs also. He pitched 1/3 of an inning less last year. In the past the Yankees had the division locked up by the 1st week of September if not sooner, however last year and this year they didn't have the advantage of sitting him down.

But that's fine enjoy LA and don't forget to take some of those barf bags from the plane for Tom Gordon.:barf:

FinsNYanksFan13 said:
Also, Mo hasn't surrendered a run to the Red Sox since the 3rd game of the season. He's faced them numerous times including facing your best hitters in big spots.

Also Mo surrenderd only one run in 4 and 2/3 IP against Anaheim and the run he gave up was in a game where the Yankees used him for 2 innings and that was after he pitched the night before (and retired the side and struck out 2).

Plus the only time MO even gave up a hit against the White Sox was when once again he pitched a 2nd inning and other then that the White Sox didn't get one hit against him in his other 2 appearences (or maybe 3 not sure). I'd rather have MO over Timlin, Jenks, or K-Rod. K-Rod is a good closer and is proven in the post-season but he is having an off year by his standards and the Yankees have touched him big already. When Mo is giving up runs, then say he's tired but until then stop with your wishful thinking and look at the facts. Plus if you haven't been watching the Yankees game, how can you comment? I have watched every Boston game for the last 2 months on MLB.tv and Schilling cannot pitch good unless he's got a 6 run lead AND THAT IS A FACT!

talk all your **** now cuz when your boys can't do **** in cali ill be the one talking **** and its going to be special.

**** THE STANKEES AND THE STANKEE FANS!! **** EM ALL!!!!

Ray Finkle said:
But that's fine enjoy LA and don't forget to take some of those barf bags from the plane for Tom Gordon.:barf:

He's just pissed that his Yankees couldn't make us Red Sox fans sweat on Sunday. Not only that, but that loss assured the homefield advantage to the Angels in their divisional series matchup.

He knows the the Yankees have been LA's whipping boy for the past 3 years, and he's scared.

As far as the Tom Gordon thing... :lol: Flash is garbage in the postseason.

FinsNYanksFan13 said:

I also believe he hasn't given up a run on the road since April!

Can you say CY YOUNG!

FinsNYanksFan13 said:

It's funny because I never remember saying Rivera wasn't good or I'd rather have Timlin, Jenks or K-Rod over him. I also said I haven't seen a FULL Yankee game since September, meaning from the first pitch to the last pitch.

Also if you're really watching the Red Sox you say Schilling can only win games with 6 run leads however if you look at Schilling's box for those games he's been good, giving up 2 runs maximum. The Sox have scored a lot of runs in his past wins but it's not like he's winning the game 6 to 5 and giving up 5 runs. Has he been good the whole season? Not at all, he's been absolute crap at times. I don't remember debating about Curt Schilling though.

MikeO said:
I also believe he hasn't given up a run on the road since April!

Can you say CY YOUNG!

Yup the only one that could come close to him is Colon. And I don't think he can take the award away from Rivera.

We'll see who's the standing last! As far as Faninpatsyland, don't even speak brother you HOLD NO CREDIBILITY. This is the same dude who has panic attacks everytime his team loses a game and comes on here having nervous breakdowns everytime someone from the Red Sox bullpen enters a game (or Renteria is up, ect.). Your as fairweather as they come and you only like your team when their winning. I'll respect Fan In RI's jab because I haven't seen him turncoat on his team 100 times this season and his ******* statements have been consistant all year. You only take jabs when your team wins, therefore I don't take you seriously. The other day when the Yankees won the AL East Faninpatsyland was suicidal, now his chest is pumped because Boston got in. He's probably the type of friend that will fight with you when you got beef with chumps but when things gets real he's the first one to run. Your done and your team is done and if the White Sox don't do it, the Yankees will. Everyone's talking like Anaheim has this thing all wrapped up LMAO, who died and made them the 98 Yankees. It's starts in Anaheim and ends with ring 27 and hopefully Fan in R.I., Greenmonster, Faninpatsyland, and Ray Finkle jumping off of the monster (like you girls said you would) after Boston is dethroned!

FinsNYanksFan13 said:
We'll see who's the standing last! As far as Faninpatsyland, don't even speak brother you HOLD NO CREDIBILITY. This is the same dude who has panic attacks everytime his team loses a game and comes on here having nervous breakdowns everytime someone from the Red Sox bullpen enters a game (or Renteria is up, ect.). Your as fairweather as they come and you only like your team when their winning. I'll respect Fan In RI's jab because I haven't seen him turncoat on his team 100 times this season and his ******* statements have been consistant all year. You only take jabs when your team wins, therefore I don't take you seriously. The other day when the Yankees won the AL East Faninpatsyland was suicidal, now his chest is pumped because Boston got in. He's probably the type of friend that will fight with you when you got beef with chumps but when things gets real he's the first one to run. Your done and your team is done and if the White Sox don't do it, the Yankees will. Everyone's talking like Anaheim has this thing all wrapped up LMAO, who died and made them the 98 Yankees. It's starts in Anaheim and ends with ring 27 and hopefully Fan in R.I., Greenmonster, Faninpatsyland, and Ray Finkle jumping off of the monster (like you girls said you would) after Boston is dethroned!

You respect everyone else, because thet haven't taken the time to continuously point out how assinine most of your statements have been over the year. (My personal favorite, Derek Jeter is the best player in baseball. :rofl3: )

As far as me being "suicidal" after Saturday, you and MikeO continually point to this. Go back and READ my posts after Saturday's game, no crying. (Although I can understand you not being able to read, seeing as how you consistenly call FIN.In.RI FAN.In.RI. The wonders of NY Public Schools. :lol: ) At least I have the ****s to show up after Saturday's game, something you ladies didn't do after Friday's loss.

Just do us a favor and show up after you get taken out of the playoffs so we can all laugh at you. :D

Back
Top Bottom