Boston turned down more money to sign with Fins | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Boston turned down more money to sign with Fins

phinsforever said:
Boston a team player?????????:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: Son, Boston may have tremendous talents, but being a team player is not one of them.

It seemed to me beofre the injury that he was comming around in that regard.

FiN.in.RI said:
It seemed to me beofre the injury that he was comming around in that regard.
it's when he's on the field in regular season that he whines about not getting the ball or whatever.

DrAstroZoom said:
Actually, Boston had shown signs of reform in training camp before the injury, so we'll have to see.
I'm not so sure getting arrested is a sign of reform.

awing_pilot said:
Wow Taking a cut in pay is so honorable it makes up for him cheating by taking drugs. Phew, I sure am glad he saved us some money, Nothing worse then getting screwed by an overpriced cheater. oh and my agent/headhunter turned down a much more lucrative job for me cause well i liked what my current boss had to say. :rolleyes:

He didn't take DRUGS, he took supplements! There is a huge difference between the two, especially if it was just creatine. The NFL just banned it, so I wouldn't equate ignorance with cheating. Boston is on the team now, so if you want to dog him, go ahead, but just remember that some people won't consider you a true Phin fan if you do.

phinsforever said:
I'm not so sure getting arrested is a sign of reform.

I know someone will argue with me on this, but I wouldn't say a misdemeanor scuffle is a reflection on team play, which is what I was referring to.

i think all the guys we signed at a one year are gonna shine jus to prove that they can work jus as hard and that they are worth more than that

It comes down to this, David nor his Agent are stupid, sure, Tennessee may have been offering more money, but David's been here and probably has more of a comfortable feeling here... so, his agent tells him, David, you're worth nothing right about now.... they only way you're going to get another huge contract is to go out there and stay clean, healthy, and put up the #'s you did in Arizona.. To a man last year, all the Dolphins said he was as serious as a heart attack in training camp last season before he got hurt and he was all about the team... so what is the worst that happens, he comes in and puts up huge numbers, yards, catches, and touchdowns, oh no, wouldn't that be horrible.. lol.. if not, then we're not any worse off cap wise because of the contract he signed..

Boston obviously is a team player. He accepted an extremely low salary when he has tons of potential. A team player takes less $ so his teammates can have more.

If Boston wasnt a team player then he would of signed with the Titans. Boston wanted to come here so that he could re-start his career. Also,he knew that we was making progress to the SB, while the Titans wasnt.

Nice to hear something like this for a change. I have a feeling hes' due for a huge season. If the line comes together and if he's healthy he will be more productive than chambers. Booker will become the slot. If that happens we are going to the playoffs. I guess ill have to add Boston to my list of Brown and Roth jerseys.

ffmfinfan said:
good read - if true than he'll really play with something to prove and not only for the money!

Keep in mind, he only signed a 1 year contract...if he does well, there is no reason why he wouldnt explore his options elsewhere...dont think hes alllllll about the ring. Time will tell about that.

PhinPhreak said:
Former Pro Bowl wide receiver David Boston turned down a chance to make more money elsewhere in hopes of getting his career back on track with the Dolphins.

Boston re-signed with Miami, getting a one-year contract for the veteran minimum of $540,000 with incentives as part of the contract. The Dolphins released Boston earlier in the offseason in a salary cap move, but the team made it clear to him at the time it would like him to return.

Boston talked with San Francisco and Tennessee before returning to the Dolphins. Agent Mitch Frankel said Boston turned down a contract with Tennessee that was potentially much more lucrative.

''Probably four or five times more,'' Frankel said. ``But David really liked what he heard from coach [Nick] Saban in the meetings they had and felt good about the opportunity and the situation with the Dolphins.''

Frankel said Boston has trimmed down to 233 pounds as part of his rehabilitation from patella tendon surgery last summer. Boston, whom the Dolphins acquired in a trade from San Diego a year ago, missed all of last season after tearing the patella tendon in his left knee during training camp.

Frankel said Boston took a physical Wednesday before signing and has been cleared for full participation in workouts. Boston took part in on-field training activity Wednesday.

Link

Wow - Refreshing. I hope he has a great season!

PhinPhreak said:
Former Pro Bowl wide receiver David Boston turned down a chance to make more money elsewhere in hopes of getting his career back on track with the Dolphins.

Boston re-signed with Miami, getting a one-year contract for the veteran minimum of $540,000 with incentives as part of the contract. The Dolphins released Boston earlier in the offseason in a salary cap move, but the team made it clear to him at the time it would like him to return.

Boston talked with San Francisco and Tennessee before returning to the Dolphins. Agent Mitch Frankel said Boston turned down a contract with Tennessee that was potentially much more lucrative.

''Probably four or five times more,'' Frankel said. ``But David really liked what he heard from coach [Nick] Saban in the meetings they had and felt good about the opportunity and the situation with the Dolphins.''

Frankel said Boston has trimmed down to 233 pounds as part of his rehabilitation from patella tendon surgery last summer. Boston, whom the Dolphins acquired in a trade from San Diego a year ago, missed all of last season after tearing the patella tendon in his left knee during training camp.

Frankel said Boston took a physical Wednesday before signing and has been cleared for full participation in workouts. Boston took part in on-field training activity Wednesday.

Link
Thank you! Greatest thing I've heard all day. :cooldude:

What is going to be hard is if all these players with one year contracts play their asses off, the Fins will have a hard time keeping most of them as they will be out looking for the big contract next year, this means restocking half the team again next season.

Back
Top Bottom