Boston turned down more money to sign with Fins | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Boston turned down more money to sign with Fins

phinian said:
Nice to hear something like this for a change. I have a feeling hes' due for a huge season. If the line comes together and if he's healthy he will be more productive than chambers. Booker will become the slot. If that happens we are going to the playoffs. I guess ill have to add Boston to my list of Brown and Roth jerseys.

Ironic you mentioned that....yesterday morning when I found out he signed, I bought his jersey from the Finheaven Phins Shop. You may ask why. It is on sale right now and has been for a while for $29.99. Yeah he signed a one-year contract, but I'm willing to risk the $30 bucks that he stays on...Since Ricky and Surtain are gone, I only have my Madison jersey left. Boston is on the team now and I feel the Dolphins and I got a hell of a deal. :D Go check out the shop.

PhinPhreak said:
What is going to be hard is if all these players with one year contracts play their asses off, the Fins will have a hard time keeping most of them as they will be out looking for the big contract next year, this means restocking half the team again next season.

But what a great problem to have! That would mean the team wildly outperforming expectations.

Justasportsfan said:
Maybe ,but I'm almost certain he wants to revive his career first. He has a better chance w/ Linehans system. If he ends up w/ probowl nos. we'll see if his willing to sign w/ the fins for a cheap contract because he wants to win a sb.

Hey Justasportsfan, Do you guys need to throw bikes at opposing running backs and QB's to tackle them?

pwn3dyo said:
Boston obviously is a team player. He accepted an extremely low salary when he has tons of potential. A team player takes less $ so his teammates can have more.
:yes: I agree. Boston really is showing me something and gradually gaining my respect.

PhinPhreak said:
What is going to be hard is if all these players with one year contracts play their asses off, the Fins will have a hard time keeping most of them as they will be out looking for the big contract next year, this means restocking half the team again next season.
Good point. We have so many players that have signed one year contracts. If they do play their a$$es off, I guess that's a good thing. But, we'll be in a similar boat next year in looking for players.

Man I Really Hope That He Can Stay Healthy Because D.boston Is A Beast He Is Huge 6-2 233 :fire: :evil: Fast 4.3 40 And Out Muscles Cb All Day Long.

chuckcole said:
Good point. We have so many players that have signed one year contracts. If they do play their a$$es off, I guess that's a good thing. But, we'll be in a similar boat next year in looking for players.

I think the point was to have stop gaps until Saban can draft and sign his team with his players and manage the cap at the same time.

May be the cynic in me, but I have a hard time believing that Boston turned down $2 -$2.5 mill to sign with us. Unless there are some fairly easy play/performance incentives that would earn him more, or at least close to what was being offered by the other teams.

Texphinphan

chuckcole said:

I think the guy we have now looking for players is a little better at judging talent than the guy we used to have.

TexPhinPhan said:
May be the cynic in me, but I have a hard time believing that Boston turned down $2 -$2.5 mill to sign with us. Unless there are some fairly easy play/performance incentives that would earn him more, or at least close to what was being offered by the other teams.

Texphinphan
I agree
The article said "potentially more lucrative", so it wasnt guaranteed that he would have made more money with the Titans.
The Tenn deal probably had higher paying incentives, but were unlikely to be reached. Either that or the 2-2.5mill was over the course of 2 or 3 years.

stan marino said:
I think the point was to have stop gaps until Saban can draft and sign his team with his players and manage the cap at the same time.

Right but with as many players as the Fins have that are one year contracts I don't think you want that many rookies starting next season, if it is even possible to find that many.

Justasportsfan said:
Maybe ,but I'm almost certain he wants to revive his career first. He has a better chance w/ Linehans system. If he ends up w/ probowl nos. we'll see if his willing to sign w/ the fins for a cheap contract because he wants to win a sb.

That is too funny. I about fell out of my chair when I saw your picture. That was great.

rainmaker1313 said:
Hey Justasportsfan, Do you guys need to throw bikes at opposing running backs and QB's to tackle them?

Wasn't that sig a play on Kellen Winslow's motorcycle accident....and wasn't that hit by Keven Carter? :)

If they would have put me in, in the fourth quarter, we'd have won state....

What system do you have to learn to blow past deep coverage and stick your hand out? If healthy, Boston is fast and Feeley can throw a mile. I'm starting to get interested in this season.

Back
Top Bottom