Bostons Back,. Uh, so what? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bostons Back,. Uh, so what?

Im happy weve got Boston back in the fold, now we might just see what he can do. One other thing is "can we keep him out of pre season pls?" dont wanna see him get dinged again!"!!! lets keep him healthy!! :D

FanMarino said:
Im happy weve got Boston back in the fold, now we might just see what he can do. One other thing is "can we keep him out of pre season pls?" dont wanna see him get dinged again!"!!! lets keep him healthy!! :D

Well, as long as Saban doesn't make him play when he says his knee is feeling a little awkward then I think we're fine. Wanny was such an idiot playing that guy thru that.

Boston is a very gifted WR, as long as he stays healthy, which he hasn't since Arizona, he will be our best WR by far. When he played SD, he had monster game against Jax where he had 14 catches for 181 yards & 2td's
I think he had another big game for SD where he had 9 catches for 139 yards & 2td's. So he did have some good games playing on a horrible passing team, with a young Drew Brees throwing the ball. Hopefully he we can get a couple of those monster games out of him this year.

OK I'm not just trying to bash the guy but lets take a real look at his history.

Boston did do well in SD but then he began to really bulk up. His body couldnt hold up to the mass he had developed. Maybe he realised that and has corrected his workout program, and maybe not. If he did he could be a solid WR. if he is still doing the same things he did in Zona then he won't make it out of camp.
But for a few of you to talk about him like the secont coming is nuts. If he can play he won't hurt you. But he is just a WR. he is not Jerry Rice of 10 years ago.

The Myth said:
OK I'm not just trying to bash the guy but lets take a real look at his history.

Boston did do well in SD but then he began to really bulk up. His body couldnt hold up to the mass he had developed. Maybe he realised that and has corrected his workout program, and maybe not. If he did he could be a solid WR. if he is still doing the same things he did in Zona then he won't make it out of camp.
But for a few of you to talk about him like the secont coming is nuts. If he can play he won't hurt you. But he is just a WR. he is not Jerry Rice of 10 years ago.
FYI, we asked him to lose 20 lbs last year before coming to camp and he did. He was in great shape last year before he got hurt. He was dedicated to losing the bulk last year because it was too much weight on his frame, if he does the same thing this year he should be fine.

Frankly, he better play or signing him will be a very stupid move. If he is injured or arrested again he is dead weight.

FanMarino said:

He hasn't played in a regular season game in a long time. He has to be able to earn a spot on the roster he needs to be healthy to do that. His injury occured during a scrimmage so his ability to take contact and fall on his knee needs to be tested during camp. Otherwise, we could be cutting someone who could actually play this season when called upon. If he is too fragile for the game he isn't good enough.

DrewOldSchool said:
Frankly, he better play or signing him will be a very stupid move. If he is injured or arrested again he is dead weight.
Thats the beauty of the signing. He signed for nothing. If he doesnt pan out it really isn't a big deal. If he does pan out we got a steal. This is a rare low risk/high reward situation.

DrewOldSchool said:
He hasn't played in a regular season game in a long time. He has to be able to earn a spot on the roster he needs to be healthy to do that. His injury occured during a scrimmage so his ability to take contact and fall on his knee needs to be tested during camp. Otherwise, we could be cutting someone who could actually play this season when called upon. If he is too fragile for the game he isn't good enough.
He actually injured himself in a non-contact drill I believe. I know there was no contact involved in the injury. And by signing him and "cuting a player who could contribute" is not really the situation. Most likely whoever that last guy out is will be on the practice squad and could be put in the lineup if Boston does go down. And even if he is not put on the practice squad its not like we are losing a great player. If your the last person to make a team your usually not a big time contributor.

sports24/7 said:
Thats the beauty of the signing. He signed for nothing. If he doesnt pan out it really isn't a big deal. If he does pan out we got a steal. This is a rare low risk/high reward situation.

But he needs to be tested and tested early in camp to see if his body can take the physical nature of the game. It only took a scrimmage last year to put him out for the season. People saying that he needs to be benched in the preseason to prevent injuries are incorrect cause the game doesn't work that way.

SanDiegoDolphan said:
Look, Im looking for any chance to cheer here too but i watched boston play out here in san diego and he didnt exactly light it up. We need to see if we can even develope a reliable qb before we get too excited. Just one mans opinion.

dude go shoot urself u dont know nada bout Dbo when hes healthy hes a randy moss

I am glad he resigned for cheap, if he doesn't work out the team hasn't really lost anything, it was a smart thing to do.

Boston's 4 games suspension

what happend with the Boston's suspension for takes steroids, are 4 games and that it's a 1/4 of the season, if he are fisic bad yet and 4 games less I don't that it's a good idea, better it's search other guys in the FA, or take Boston like the lowest salary posible

WooDaviDolphins said:
what happend with the Boston's suspension for takes steroids, are 4 games and that it's a 1/4 of the season, if he are fisic bad yet and 4 games less I don't that it's a good idea, better it's search other guys in the FA, or take Boston like the lowest salary posible

What 4 games? You mean the 4 games he already served last season? It wasn't steroids either. It was an illegal substance.

Back
Top Bottom