bottom of the 9th / MARLINS WIN!!! | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

bottom of the 9th / MARLINS WIN!!!

I understand what inFINSible means...
The Marlins couldn't draw a crowd before the playoffs. Their yearly attendance was horrible, then suddenly....

But congrats to the Marlins, I am now out of Skankee hell. I no longer have to see the Neanderthal Skankee fans all over the NY TV shows and I get to hear them WHINE like babies on the local radio sports shows.

If anyone happened to have CNN on during the game they had a live feed from the bar I was at last night, Scruffy Duffy's NYC (also a live feed from Don Shula's in Miami Lakes). The place was PACKED with the unwashed uneducated knuckledragging stupid Skankee fans-and a group of my friends who would root for anyone playing against them (since we are like the step children of NY-Mets fans). We seem to have an effect on any team playing against the Skanks in game 6. In 2001 we were at Scruffy's for game 6 when the Skanks got SPANKED by the D'backs and again last evening.
So the Camera goes on the Owner Patrick and the Skank fans during the game....
After the last out in the bottom of the 9th the camera goes on US because we were cheering and jumping up and down when the mighty Skanks :rolleyes: fell....It was a beautiful thing.

But you do realize the Skanks haven't won anything since 2000 when they played the Mets. Because they took SUCH joy in celebrating on Shea Stadium soil (Roger Clemens even took dirt from the pitching mound at Shea, YES THE SAME mound he he never pitched from in the 2000 season) and Luis Sojo with his balloon that said "Mets in 2008"....all the pompous, arrogant attitude BIT THEM IN THE ***. Baseball gods don't like ugly....:lol:

Originally posted by ckparrothead
Wow man this is great...the Marlins win the World Series. Only two winning seasons in their history as a franchise, and both times they win the series.

Maybe this time their owner won't dismantle them.

Maybe this time they will average more than 3000 fans a game.

Originally posted by inFINSible
Did ANY of you actually GO TO a Marlins game this year?

How many games did you even watch on TV before mid season?

I went to atleast 10 games(about 25 Heat games), not including 2 playoff games(including game 4 of the WS).

And I watched ALOT of their games. I'm not a bandwagon fan like you.

How long have you been a Laker fan?

People like to point to the low attendance numbers for Marlins games. But they act like South Florida doesn't care about baseball. That is not true. The fact is, this community was ready to really support the Marlins in 1998. But the relationship between the team and the fans was severely damaged following the '97 season in that firesale.

S. FLA fans are very fickle. That's no secret. But it doesn't help when they have a winner and it gets immediately and completely dimantled right in front of their faces. All you have to do is listen to the thunderstorm of boos whenever Huizenga's name is uttered at any Miami sporting event. The Dolphins could win a championship in Joe Robbie stadium and the fans would still boo him mercilessly at the trophy ceremony. It's that personal and is still on the surface.

I am so happy I went to game 4 of the World Series in Miami. If you ask me, the MVP of the series is Braden Looper. Top of the 11th, one out, bases loaded with Rivera getting warmed up in the bullpen and he comes in, gets a popup and a strikeout to end the threat. A fly ball wins the game for the Yankees and the Marlins face a 3-1 deficit.

That inning and the gonzo at bat in the 12th defined what made this team so great. The Marlins prevent the clutch hit or sac fly and win the game when their struggling short-stop hits a homer. Not only was the home run impressive, but the fact that the count was 0-2, 1-2 and worked all the way to 3-2 after numerous foul balls. The Marlins DEFINED clutch the entire playoffs. 0-2, 1-2 counts did not strike fear, it actually made them work that much harder to hit to the opposite field or keep fouling balls off.

Originally posted by inFINSible
Did ANY of you actually GO TO a Marlins game this year?

How many games did you even watch on TV before mid season?

I attended 20 games and only reason I didn't attend more because I got school at night.I also attended game the last five years of "prospects" which in the end paid off :D.

I saw them play in Philadelphia during a hurricane, does that count?

Originally posted by ChambersOwnz84

I went to atleast 10 games(about 25 Heat games), not including 2 playoff games(including game 4 of the WS).

And I watched ALOT of their games. I'm not a bandwagon fan like you.

How long have you been a Laker fan?

Bit defensive aren't you?

What's with the insults, I only asked a couple of questions.

How you can call me a bandwagon fan is something that only your mind can explain and I'm not sure if I'm stupid or you are but, WTF do the Lakers have to do with this?

I noticed all of 3 fans actually attended a game.....I guess those 81 home games weren't convenient enough for anyone else to go.

Now, for all those who have attended and did watch, then this is not directed at you. For anybody else who started cheering for the marlins in the last two weeks, THAT is the definition of band wagon fan. I was just curious to know how many that was.

Originally posted by minus

I attended 20 games and only reason I didn't attend more because I got school at night.I also attended game the last five years of "prospects" which in the end paid off :D.

You're a real fan minus! :up: perseverance pays off!! congrats!

I doubt I'll ever see my team bust through.

Go Red Sox.....:(

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom