Bowl Projections | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bowl Projections

Rafiki said:
http://msn.foxsports.com/cfb/story/6232016

Props for him giving Boise State the "big ups" even though they wouldn't necessarily be competitive with OSU. I do however think they will DESTROY Oklahoma in the Fiesta Bowl.
Wow, that's pretty bold. IDK that we've seen enough from BSU to claim that they'd destroy any top team, but I am excited to see them play. OU is a damn good team that should only have one loss. I really want to see that game if Peterson is back.

I wont be surprised to see us lose, just cause of that "magic" of college football

a team (like BSU) making their first big time bowl game will play 200% over their heads, then it will be all "Oklahoma is overated!" :shakeno:

However prepare BSU we got a lil guy named AD comin back, im sure youve heard of him :D Oh and our defense is much better than the powerhouses of Oregon St, Nevada, and dare I say Sacremento St.

Its all in fun heres to a great game in the desert, after living in Idaho for 2 years, your fans will make it interesting in Glendale, as I know you guys will all wanna be there

finswin56 said:
Wow, that's pretty bold. IDK that we've seen enough from BSU to claim that they'd destroy any top team, but I am excited to see them play. OU is a damn good team that should only have one loss. I really want to see that game if Peterson is back.

AD could of really came back if he wanted to for the Big XII title, but im sure Stoops was comfortable with Allen Patrick and Chris Brown enough to not jeperdize AD's health, we are saving him to go out in style in the Fiesta Bowl.

Cuban Dave 9 said:
I think I have finally been brought back to earth and believe that even if that happens, and a Florida win, Florida will not be in the NC game.
Probably the only time, I am happy being wrong

Rafiki said:
First link is updated 4 hours ago.

Looks like a Miami vs Nevada is a done deal for the MPC Computers Bowl in Boise. I'm wagering on Nevada for the upset, yo.
Is Nevada even the under-dog?

I can't see UM coming to play. How are you going to get a bunch of Miami kids to be ready to play in a COLD Dec bowl game against a team that won't attract much national publicity? Especially for a Lame Duck coach?

I would think Nevada will be the favorite. Sorry UM fans... :couch:

Oboy said:
Is Nevada even the under-dog?

I can't see UM coming to play. How are you going to get a bunch of Miami kids to be ready to play in a COLD Dec bowl game against a team that won't attract much national publicity? Especially for a Lame Duck coach?

I would think Nevada will be the favorite. Sorry UM fans... :couch:

There are some who would have you believe that the WAC is comparable to Division 1-AA in stregnth. Boise's accomplishment against such "weak" teams is a joke and a dishonor to the BCS system.

In fact, the WAC has teams that are of a high quality and I believe that they will sweep the bowls they are invited to: the Hawaii Bowl, the MPC Computers Bowl, the New Mexico bowl and the Fiesta Bowl. Will this be enough to silence the critics? Hell no, the elitist attitude of the East Coast towards the Western teams will always be there.

Rafiki said:
http://msn.foxsports.com/cfb/story/6232016

Props for him giving Boise State the "big ups" even though they wouldn't necessarily be competitive with OSU. I do however think they will DESTROY Oklahoma in the Fiesta Bowl.

wow really, this is the same OSU that could be playing for the National title if you take away a horrible call in Oregon! wow just wow.

Timmy54 said:
wow really, this is the same OSU that could be playing for the National title if you take away a horrible call in Oregon! wow just wow.

Oregon is no big deal. They were defeated several times during the year, even once to Oregon State who Boise defeated handily 42-14. If a Ref call was enough to win the game for Oregon, then Oklahoma didn't do a good enough job distancing themselves scorewise.

Rafiki said:
There are some who would have you believe that the WAC is comparable to Division 1-AA in stregnth. Boise's accomplishment against such "weak" teams is a joke and a dishonor to the BCS system.

In fact, the WAC has teams that are of a high quality and I believe that they will sweep the bowls they are invited to: the Hawaii Bowl, the MPC Computers Bowl, the New Mexico bowl and the Fiesta Bowl. Will this be enough to silence the critics? Hell no, the elitist attitude of the East Coast towards the Western teams will always be there.
Really?

Not trying to sound "elitist", I really have not seen much of the WAC this year. I do think Nevada will beat UM, but mainly bc I just do not see UM showing up.

Oboy said:
Really?

Not trying to sound "elitist", I really have not seen much of the WAC this year. I do think Nevada will beat UM, but mainly bc I just do not see UM showing up.

I don't think that's elitist and you're welcome to your opinion. It's the assumption that they're weak- along with the PAC-10 which I find elitist and provincial.

Rafiki said:
Oregon is no big deal. They were defeated several times during the year, even once to Oregon State who Boise defeated handily 42-14. If a Ref call was enough to win the game for Oregon, then Oklahoma didn't do a good enough job distancing themselves scorewise.

:lol: thats just the thing 13 points is enough, but no Pac-10 Refs didnt want their lil home town team to lose.

I could care less about that game now, its behind me, people need to stop bringing it up, if we did win (in the record book) I wouldnt wanna play ohio state in the NC anyways, Fiesta Bowl good enough for this Sooner :D

Rafiki, while I understand that the WAC is better than most think, but (and im not an expert so I may be wrong) saying that youve beaten Pac-10 teams which makes BSU a better school than most think dosent hold much water, as I only remeber you guys playing oregon st.

but what im asking is in the last 5 years, what pac 10 or other bcs confernce teams have you played? honest question, not trying to be a dick :D

Back
Top Bottom