Boyer hate needs to end | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Boyer hate needs to end

Atila

Atila.com
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
I’ve made too many posts about it already, but this is a piggy back off the McDaniels thread.

Josh Boyer has been our most consistent coach if you ask me - in all 8 games our defense has done well enough to keep us in the game // you cannot say we lost any game because of the defense.

Football is a complimentary sport. And the defense every single game has played complimentary football, even in the losses. In fact, they’re been more overall consistent than the offense (obviously Tua was out for 3 weeks).

Even if you want to be critical of the defense, you should have enough of a clue to realize it’s definitely not on Josh Boyer if we have injured players or a lack of talent at edge rusher. He’s scheming up excellent game plans every single week. His in game adjustments the last couple weeks including tonight were truly great. Doing all this without our 2nd most expensive defender and 1/2 the secondary out all year. Wake up.

This isn’t the NFL of the 90s and early 2000s teams are gonna get carved up. Get used to it.

I’m well aware that most people are pretty clueless about football outside of fantasy stats and dur dur throw far hit hard dur but it’s getting a little tired.

You know something , I was gonna say that sjdejendjrjej2)3)4$)3)2’3)4)$)3)3)#82]¥]5]4
iejdjzjjjaajJ jajejejejsjjzj jajej3sji jajeeksjaak

and that’s all I’m gonna say about that

I’ve made too many posts about it already, but this is a piggy back off the McDaniels thread.

Josh Boyer has been our most consistent coach if you ask me - in all 8 games our defense has done well enough to keep us in the game // you cannot say we lost any game because of the defense.

Football is a complimentary sport. And the defense every single game has played complimentary football, even in the losses. In fact, they’re been more overall consistent than the offense (obviously Tua was out for 3 weeks).

Even if you want to be critical of the defense, you should have enough of a clue to realize it’s definitely not on Josh Boyer if we have injured players or a lack of talent at edge rusher. He’s scheming up excellent game plans every single week. His in game adjustments the last couple weeks including tonight were truly great. Doing all this without our 2nd most expensive defender and 1/2 the secondary out all year. Wake up.

This isn’t the NFL of the 90s and early 2000s teams are gonna get carved up. Get used to it.

I’m well aware that most people are pretty clueless about football outside of fantasy stats and dur dur throw far hit hard dur but it’s getting a little tired.
Boyer deserves it for that first half. The lions hadnt scored a td in last 2 games and today scored 2 in their first 11 plays and 27 points in the first half

Boyer deserves it for that first half. The lions hadnt scored a td in last 2 games and today scored 2 in their first 11 plays and 27 points in the first half
Yet Boyer adjusted at halftime and we held them to zero points in the second half. We aren't the only team in the league that has to adjust half way thru a game. I get as frustrated with our D just like everybody else, but the adjustments worked today and we won.

Yet Boyer adjusted at halftime and we held them to zero points in the second half. We aren't the only team in the league that has to adjust half way thru a game. I get as frustrated with our D just like everybody else, but the adjustments worked today and we won.
Yes but first half is still inexcusable

I'm really not sure how much we can expect from him. Ogbah has decided to take the year off (aside from the 2nd half of the bills game), Howard I guess is either banged up or suddenly mediocre, no Byron Jones and now no Brandon Jones or Needham, Philips gets some pressure at times but can never get home, linebackers are pretty average at best, we decide inexplicably to not dress our our other strong safety.

We have issues with our pass rush and injuries that are making us look worse than we can be. BUT...

Our scheme is either too complicated, or coached poorly.

There are FAR too many times where an outlet is completely uncovered. I can forgive the bend but don't break at times. I can forgive giving up passing yards with so many injuries. I cannot forgive a constant drip drop of missed assignments.

Your happy with the opposing team constantly in our red zone ?

The talent on the Dolphins defense right now is near the bottom of the entire league. Howard hasn’t played well all year because of his groin issues. Byron Jones hasn’t played a single down this season, Brandon Jones and Nik Needham are both out for the rest of the season.

The secondary now is filled with undrafted free agents or career backups except for Howard and Holland.

The LB position is filled with average talent and their really isn’t a single impact player at LB for the Dolphins.

The DL has played better against the run most of this season but the lack of a pass rush by the front four has been an issue throughout the season.

The Dolphins didn’t do much to upgrade the defense from last season because most of the free agency money was spent on upgrading the offense and draft resources were used in the Hill trade.

Phillips hasn’t improved over his rookie season and with all the injuries in the secondary, they just don’t have the talent they had the past two years to play man to man in the secondary.

The fact they have played as well as they have this year and especially in the second half today is a testament to the coaching ability of Boyer and the rest of the defensive coaches.

Instead of some posters complaining about Boyer. They should be recognizing what he and the defensive coaches have had to deal with because of all the injuries in the secondary. Hopefully the offseason will be used to upgrade several positions on the defense. The same way last off season was used to upgrade the offensive side of the ball.

With an upgrade in talent at DE and LB talent, I believe Boyer can be one of the best DC’s in the entire league.

Last edited:
You know something , I was gonna say that sjdejendjrjej2)3)4$)3)2’3)4)$)3)3)#82]¥]5]4
iejdjzjjjaajJ jajejejejsjjzj jajej3sji jajeeksjaak

and that’s all I’m gonna say about that
Another clear vision succinctly expressed on Fin Heaven. - LOL

Back
Top Bottom