Boyer hate needs to end | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Boyer hate needs to end

We have issues with our pass rush and injuries that are making us look worse than we can be. BUT...

Our scheme is either too complicated, or coached poorly.

There are FAR too many times where an outlet is completely uncovered. I can forgive the bend but don't break at times. I can forgive giving up passing yards with so many injuries. I cannot forgive a constant drip drop of missed assignments.
"I cannot forgive a constant drip drop of missed assignments."

Sounds like a High School teacher talking to her class.
Not everyone on Fin Heaven is in your class - thank goodness - LOL

Reading posts all week, I really believe most Dolphins fans took Detroit for granted.

This was a team that was scoring a lot of points before some key injuries, like Swift. Goff has always been someone who could put up some great games.

Boyer and his defensive staff deserve a ton of credit this season with injuries in the secondary and the dismal pass rush we've seen without the blitz.

Couldn’t agree more, OP. Wasn’t sure what to expect from Boyer coming into the season. If fact, I was very worried the D would prove to have been all Flo, and we’d be stuck with a subpar coordinator. Nothing could be further from the truth.

I just don’t understand how you can look at what Boyer has had to work with this year, look at the results, and come away thinking the man deserves to be fired. Pure insanity to me. We have a couple extra wins this year precisely because of JB and his unit.

I give Boyer a heap of credit for today's game. Our D was getting torched in the first half. He made some adjustments and effectively shut them down in the 2nd half.

Reading posts all week, I really believe most Dolphins fans took Detroit for granted.

This was a team that was scoring a lot of points before some key injuries, like Swift. Goff has always been someone who could put up some great games.

Boyer and his defensive staff deserve a ton of credit this season with injuries in the secondary and the dismal pass rush we've seen without the blitz.
Have to admit the Lion's o-line were outstanding for most of the game.

The YUGE halftime adjustment convinced me that I was wrong and being way too hard on Boyer. He's making chicken salad with chicken crap. I just hope Byron Jones can come back soon.

On the same subject, just ran into this:
  1. Dolphins' defense shows it's well-coached. After giving up 27 first-half points, the Dolphins defense made the necessary adjustments to blank the Lions in the second half and stave off a shootout. The effort was a clear indication of Josh Boyer and his defensive staff coaching up their players in the face of adversity. The Dolphins found their footing by first stopping a Lions rushing attack that was limited to 20 rushing yards in the second half, and it led to Detroit unraveling into a panicky mess that couldn't convert on third down. Zach Sieler came through with the team's only sack of the day in a big third-down situation in the fourth quarter, and Jevon Holland continued his Pro Bowl-worthy play through clutch pass breakups and sure-handed tackling. Their disciplined play in the second half could've been erased during the Lions' final possession, but the Dolphins stood true on Goff's final heave into the end zone on fourth-and-1. Although there are things needing fixing for Miami's defense going forward, it wasn't going to allow the blame fall on it in this one.

We have 0% pass Rush with the same guys we have had the last 2 years when we almost led the league in sacks and turnovers and scoring defense. It is obvious the new scheme is not conducive to the pass rush at all. There is absolutely no pass rush whatsoever. Goff looked comfortable AF out there. So did Pickett last week.

Yet Boyer adjusted at halftime and we held them to zero points in the second half. We aren't the only team in the league that has to adjust half way thru a game. I get as frustrated with our D just like everybody else, but the adjustments worked today and we won.
It should be noted that Detroit only had 6 points in their last 2 road games. At home Detroit averages 38 ppg so to hold them to below their average after they had 27 at halftime wasn’t that bad after all.

We have 0% pass Rush with the same guys we have had the last 2 years when we almost led the league in sacks and turnovers and scoring defense. It is obvious the new scheme is not conducive to the pass rush at all. There is absolutely no pass rush whatsoever. Goff looked comfortable AF out there. So did Pickett last week.
No corners, less cover 0 for those sacks.

No corners, less cover 0 for those sacks.

But this bad? They let Jared Goff throw for over 300 yards with barely any pressure. With bad DBs you need good pass rush too. I feel like we need a proven pass rusher in here to see if it is the scheme that is hindering our productivity.

But this bad? They let Jared Goff throw for over 300 yards with barely any pressure. With bad DBs you need good pass rush too. I feel like we need a proven pass rusher in here to see if it is the scheme that is hindering our productivity.
The corners are getting beat so fast there’s really no time for the pass rush to get a sack.

Boyer deserves it for that first half. The lions hadnt scored a td in last 2 games and today scored 2 in their first 11 plays and 27 points in the first half
No, your not allowed to be critical anymore!

Either agree with everything or your a “hater”!

I’ve never seen the lack of critical thinking on this board that appears to thrive here now.

Agree or your attacked…..sad!

The lack of pressure on the QB and the penalties are hurting this team…the first half against Detroit was awful!

The second half was obviously a different story!

He’s doing a decent job.

I just don’t understand how our dline can’t get sacks. Ogbah has been very disappointing and Phillips has regressed in getting to the QB.

Back
Top Bottom