Brady is Leaving!!!! | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Brady is Leaving!!!!

While this makes me extremely happy, my fear is NE going after Bridgewater. Belicheck has made all of the backups look outstanding. I don’t want to see what Bridgewater would look like in that system

After 20 years of playing against a top 5 all-time QB you have fear of facing Bridgewater? At this point Bridgewater will be on his 3rd team in 4 years, no need to fear a journeyman QB.

Why did the
I mean, you didn't and/or can't. You had 3 previous posts that were 20 words or less before I made that comment.

Save your quips and let's not pretend like you could debate this one even if you wanted to.
Why did the Patriots need to cheat all these years? What were they afraid of? Whats wrong with competing on a level playing field. You only cheat if you lack confidence in yourself or your team. Can't respect anyone or any team that needs to resort to cheating. Can't do it.

glad the Pats couldn't afford Teddy. Would have been an excellent signing for them in the short term

Pats tanking for Lawrence aren't they?
This would be my nightmare scenario. I don't see it happening, but seeing what NE did with a 6th round slightly above average QB, I cannot imagine what BB would achieve with a true blue chip prospect.

Brady leaving is a surprise for me. I truly thought he would stay in NE or retire. Now that we get to see the two apart, I finally get to see whether my "BB is far superior to Brady" theory is true. I really feel Brady has the most to loose from this deal. He will get more money, but he has been in decline for several years. The Pats have been great at masking his deficiencies in a way that another team is likely unable to achieve. If BB succeeds after Brady leaves and Brady struggles, it will open the door for Brady's legacy to be seriously tarnished. This is the most likely scenario if for no other reason than age. BB has shown he can win with backups, and I don't see BB being unable to do so again. In fact, NE may even be better.

Can you guys shut up and not jinx this? Knowing how unfair the NFL is they will end up drafting a Patrick Mahomes type. Just don't celebrate until we see them on the field playing like garbage.

If only we had any power to alter reality.

There has always been a fiercely divided debate over whether the Patriots were A) a Brady animal, B) a Belichick brainstorm, or C) a good mix of both. Ignoring option C, which is surely the right answer in some blend, I've always been in the camp that maintains the Patritos are a Belichick brainstorm. I expect them to continue winning and most likely continue to win the division even without Brady. In the past I've predicted at worst a 1 year hiccup until Belichick replaces Brady properly. This would be that year. Personally, I'm still picking the Patriots to win the division, but I like our chances a lot more this year than previous years.

I'm expecting Brady to have success wherever he goes (Tampa Bay?), but I'm not expecting Brady to see another Super Bowl ring.

All of you who believe it was all Brady .... here's your chance to prove me wrong. Cheers. :cheers:

Respectfully disagree. He won 11 games with Cassell. If you give him a Bridgewater they will still be a 10 win team. Brady is not what Brady was. Bellichek has them winning with defense their offense blows with a noodle armed Brady and no weapons.
When understanding the context Belichick going 10-5 with Cassell as the starter in 2008 is not all that impressive.

The Patriots were 16-0 the season before facing a difficult schedule in 2007. So they dropped 5 games from the previous year to begin with, having nearly the identical roster except for Brady getting hurt in week 1.

There was almost a fluke in the schedule in 2008 in which the AFC East got to play two of the all-time weakest divisions in the same year. It's how the 1-15 Dolphins in 2007 were able to have the most improvement in a single season by going 11-5 in 2008.

The AFC East played the NFC West and AFC West. Only "one" team out of the 8 in those two divisions that finished above .500 and that was the Cardinals at 9-7. How did the Cardinals win the NFC West finishing 9-7, by going 6-0 against the 49ers, Rams and Seahwaks. How did the Chargers win the AFC West finishing 8-8, by going 5-1 against the Chiefs, Raiders and Broncos.

The only two legitimate teams the Patriots played that year were the Colts and Steelers of which they scored 15 and 10 points respectively.

I'm looking forward to seeing how this plays out without Brady. BB track record is not so good without him (54-63 regular season, 1-1 in playoffs, 5 losing seasons out of 7) and the best ever with him (219-64 regular season, 30-11 in playoffs, 9 Super Bowls, 6 championships).

It's not going to be easy to replace a QB that might be the G.O.A.T, who is like a coach himself in practice as he demands perfection from his teammates holding teammates accountable who all respect him (for example, Edelman worked his butt off to please Brady, not so much BB), and Brady was willing to play for less $$$ giving BB the luxury to add additional talent on the Patriots other teams with elite QBs usually don't have as the QBs seek contracts seeking as much as they can get. Good luck BB finding a QB that can provide all that, let alone a QB that has 6 GWD's in the SB and the 3 losses he also put the Patriots in the lead during the 4th quarter. Absolutely remarkable.

It will be interesting to see how Tampa Bay fares with Brady at QB as well as how BB's Pats do without him.

I'm glad Brady is out of the AFC East. It's time for a changing of the guard and I am looking forward to seeing if the Dolphins are up for the challenge.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom