Brady Poppinga: Gase might have lost the team | Page 14 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Brady Poppinga: Gase might have lost the team

Lol, you shouldn’t get your hopes up after beating a horrible Denver team lead by a horrible coach. I can understand getting excited if they beat the cheaters Monday night but that isn’t happening.

I am beginning to realize the Miami has some of the most delusional fans in the league. Our team sucks and it has for decades. Miami is a vacation spot for players. They all turn soft when they come here. I would bet $100k that Miami doesn’t make it to a SB as long as Ross owns the team.

The team is not good...it lacks talent on almost every unit, but the argument is that Gase has lost the locker room. I just don't see a team winning in that fashion if the players no longer respect the coach.

Leave it to Dolphin fans to snub their noses at the GM that has 2 AFC championships and a SB championship to his name.

Having said that Football Outsiders doesn't have the Dolphins as the worst team in the league anymore, that distinction goes to the Broncos now...

Sure...and it was fun to watch....wasn't it?

No matter what happens on the field I feel zero emotion watching the Dolphins now. I wish I could go back to the days when I didn't follow offseasons and went in to every season thinking everybody is 0-0. Now after discovering these forums and acquiring a lot more wisdom I now know the deck is severely stacked against us and we're basically a dead team walking before the season even begins no matter how many guards and tackles we take in the first round.

My viewpoint is you keep your foot on the gas in the hunt for an elite QB until you have one. Ross and crew believes the opposite, don't rock the boat. So I'm not seeing any light at the end of this tunnel.

Means lower picks. Beside that, I fail see what is the importance. Now let see the rest of the season. If the team wins three of last four games, then the narrative will change. Until then the perspective remains grime.

I know you are happy, good for you. But what a one home win against a lowly team means? in a grand scheme of things, I read thru the forum, still cannot find the answer. Except for Gase supporters finally find a strew.

It is important when developing young players, when ensuring veteran buy-in, when training the team to never take the foot off the accelerator, when developing your coaching staff, when putting plays on film, and when developing OL chemistry.

I don't think Gase has lost the locker room from everything I've heard. I think there is chemistry issues within the organization, and also I think it's quite clear that there are some players that don't get the system
Where? When?
Sources please?

Look you have losses and wins every year that you kind of say what the heck as they are a bit of a surprise based on how your team has been playing. So far this win fits that catagory. It was nice to see a complete team we win and was a big upgrade minus the poor QB performance IMO. We will see moving forward if the team plays better, Drake stays healthy etc. At this point the thing I am most convinced about Gase recently is he lets his ego make judgment calls that I personally do not think are great decisions. Yes the Ajayi trade, the on side kick this last game and playing Cutler whom does not get the job done by pushing the ball down the field or spreading it out to all his receivers.

Look you have losses and wins every year that you kind of say what the heck as they are a bit of a surprise based on how your team has been playing. So far this win fits that catagory. It was nice to see a complete team we win and was a big upgrade minus the poor QB performance IMO. We will see moving forward if the team plays better, Drake stays healthy etc. At this point the thing I am most convinced about Gase recently is he lets his ego make judgment calls that I personally do not think are great decisions. Yes the Ajayi trade, the on side kick this last game and playing Cutler whom does not get the job done by pushing the ball down the field or spreading it out to all his receivers.
I can understand the Cutler trade even though I did not agree. It was a big gamble and Gase lost big. Yet I still can see the thinking behind the move. My big problem with Gase was his failure to address the OL. He believed he can go cheap on OL and still be adequate. Plus he knew Pouncey was finished, but he WISHED by wrapping him up in preseason, Pouncey would gain his past glory.
He deserves to be heavily critized this year, OL problem was obvious and it affects every aspect of the team. Yet many posters here still have a blindfold on.

don't need to argue. win-lose record does that already.
So ... being at 5-7, he's lost the dressing room, based on win/loss record? I guess the 2016 Panthers, who had been to the Superbowl the year before, had a coach who lost the dressing room, since their record was 6-10? But ... I guess ... that same coach found them again this year. Amazing.

What a dumb point you make extremely badly.

Lol, you shouldn’t get your hopes up after beating a horrible Denver team lead by a horrible coach. I can understand getting excited if they beat the cheaters Monday night but that isn’t happening.

I am beginning to realize the Miami has some of the most delusional fans in the league. Our team sucks and it has for decades. Miami is a vacation spot for players. They all turn soft when they come here. I would bet $100k that Miami doesn’t make it to a SB as long as Ross owns the team.

My hopes up? I know we're out of the playoff race lol I'm simply laughing in the face of Brady Poppinga speaking too soon (which he did). I would hope any "true" fan would be very satisfied with a win (35-9) especially when our young guys are the key contributors. I don't think that's being delusional. I think that's being a fan. Denver has a QB problem. So do we. I'm a realist. I've admitted when I've been wrong. What's delusional is thinking a Head Coach with a winning record should be fired before his 2nd year even ends lol Maybe we should give Gase the benefit of the doubt and stop blaming him for Cutler being a bum. He tried to salvage the season and it failed. I'd rather have a Head Coach that does everything in his power to win instead of taking the easy route by doing nothing. Why don't we support the same guy who we all cheered on last year who unfortunately lost the most important player on the team for the year? We're 5-7 not 2-10 lol If we were in the AFC West, we would be a game behind the division leader. Why do all the other coaches get a break when their QBs go down but when ours does and our team sucks, or last year was a fluke, or we don't have talent, or whatever the complaint is that week?

I can understand the Cutler trade even though I did not agree. It was a big gamble and Gase lost big. Yet I still can see the thinking behind the move. My big problem with Gase was his failure to address the OL. He believed he can go cheap on OL and still be adequate. Plus he knew Pouncey was finished, but he WISHED by wrapping him up in preseason, Pouncey would gain his past glory.
He deserves to be heavily criticized this year, OL problem was obvious and it affects every aspect of the team. Yet many posters here still have a blindfold on.

Very well said. Gase obviously isn't perfect (no one is) and definitely SHOULD have addressed the line. Yes, he took a gamble on Cutler to try to salvage the season and it failed. I'm not going to say the line is great or good but only allowing 27 sacks this season isn't horrible. Believe me, I wanted to draft a guard in the first. I was all for it. I was the few who was pissed about a DE but who knows? That could be a smart move in the long run. Heavily criticized? Yes. Fired? Shouldn't even be a topic of discussion. The difference when comparing Tannehill and Cutler is night and day. Cutler limitations are beyond physical. He brings the whole team down. He doesn't care and the one game he did we won by 26 pts with the D playing the best they have all year. At the time, I was a blind optimist but did we really expect Cutler to lead us to the playoffs? Or go 10-6? As Dolphin fans, I don't think canning someone after 2 years is smart Lol Who'd want to coach for us if they knew they could get fired the same season their starting QB tore his ACL? We can't afford to be that picky or dumb. If Gase doesn't address the line and we still suck with Tannehill, then yes, it's time to talk about replacements. If that's how short a leash a 2nd year coach gets then there sure will be a lot of coaches getting fired. Besides Minnesota, which team has overcome losing their starting QB? Texans? Packers? Cards? Colts? Maybe Tannehill deserves more credit than we give him. Or maybe it's a mix between the talent gap (Cutler and RT) and the importance of the position? Time will tell

My hopes up? I know we're out of the playoff race lol I'm simply laughing in the face of Brady Poppinga speaking too soon (which he did). I would hope any "true" fan would be very satisfied with a win (35-9) especially when our young guys are the key contributors. I don't think that's being delusional. I think that's being a fan. Denver has a QB problem. So do we. I'm a realist. I've admitted when I've been wrong. What's delusional is thinking a Head Coach with a winning record should be fired before his 2nd year even ends lol Maybe we should give Gase the benefit of the doubt and stop blaming him for Cutler being a bum. He tried to salvage the season and it failed. I'd rather have a Head Coach that does everything in his power to win instead of taking the easy route by doing nothing. Why don't we support the same guy who we all cheered on last year who unfortunately lost the most important player on the team for the year? We're 5-7 not 2-10 lol If we were in the AFC West, we would be a game behind the division leader. Why do all the other coaches get a break when their QBs go down but when ours does and our team sucks, or last year was a fluke, or we don't have talent, or whatever the complaint is that week?
There you go again. Fall back on RT went down.
You are wrong because you look at one single issue, RT went down. I look at all the decisions since the Pitt playoff game.
It have been stated time and again in this forum. Let me be tiresome and say it again,
Failed to address OL
Excuse Pouncey in preseason, and wish he be fine in regular season
10 mil to sign Culter
Signed out of shape Manualuga
Signed slow many steps JT
Signed still think he is a Steelers Timmon
Failed to noticed OL coach dropping up
Failed to prepare the team in the first drive
Poor play calling
Poorly handled Ajayi.
Blamed players being dumb
I can go on and on.....

If RT went down, but he made all other right decisions, I will certainly give him a break.
But it is not the case. Gase deserves NO break.

Back
Top Bottom