Brady Poppinga: Gase might have lost the team | Page 13 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Brady Poppinga: Gase might have lost the team

There is no such thing as a meaningless win in the NFL!
There may be more or less value placed on a win, but none are meaningless.
Means lower picks. Beside that, I fail see what is the importance. Now let see the rest of the season. If the team wins three of last four games, then the narrative will change. Until then the perspective remains grime.

I know you are happy, good for you. But what a one home win against a lowly team means? in a grand scheme of things, I read thru the forum, still cannot find the answer. Except for Gase supporters finally find a strew.

I would argue they are...Brian Xanders was more responsible for building that super bowl team...hell he drafted all those players you mentioned...Elway takes over...takes credit and continues to **** on that team by drafting ****ty QBs and failing to build on an already solid base.
Splitting hairs now.

Means lower picks. Beside that, I fail see what is the importance. Now let see the rest of the season. If the team wins three of last four games, then the narrative will change. Until then the perspective remains grime.

I know you are happy, good for you. But what a one home win against a lowly team means? in a grand scheme of things, I read thru the forum, still cannot find the answer. Except for Gase supporters finally find a strew.

Funny how you mention looking at the whole picture yet ignore last season.

How have the drafts look Ed since Xander's left?
The original point made was that Denver is somehow bereft of talent due to drafting like the Dolphins. That's just not true. Talentwise they have taken a step backwards, but this year's team is not that different than last year's to warrant such an epic collapse without assuming that coaching has also gone backwards.

The original point made was that Denver is somehow bereft of talent due to drafting like the Dolphins. That's just not true. Talentwise they have taken a step backwards, but this year's team is not that different than last year's to warrant such an epic collapse without assuming that coaching has also gone backwards.

I will not argue that the coaching in Denver is not poor. I thought Vance was a poor hire. I do think that Denver has also been one of the poorer managed teams especially recent drafts and poor QB choices which has hurt the team just as much.

Funny how you mention looking at the whole picture yet ignore last season.
You got me wrong. I gave him credit last season. And I rip him this season. It is call objective, and refused to drink the cool aid. You cannot argue that he made mistakes after mistakes this years. The difference between you and me is you carry your grade from last year, I give grade him annually.

They beat Gase's own understudy who has sank Denver and has lost his own team. Not exactly a "haha told ya so" kind of argument or game. Come back when Gase can beat a winning team.
Really? So you give other teams the win over Denver but not us?

Worth noting, Gase knew some of the Denver players from his time there. But Joseph knew more of the Dolphins from his time here. The bigger takeaway would be not that our players beat theirs, but that our coaching staff beat Joseph's. And Joseph knew us better than we knew them.

I mean, unless you're suggesting that we have superior personnel? Seems counter to your general approach to suggest that. So maybe ... just maybe ... Gase doesn't suck quite as badly as some suggest.

It did not look like he lost the team Sunday. As a group, we need to realize winning consistently in the NFL is not easy. Having a consistently good coaching staff like the Patriots have is perhaps the most difficult aspect of winning consistently. Coach Gase has a lot to learn about being a head coach, but relating to his player is not one of them. I doubt he will ever lose his team’s to the point that they fail to give effort.
You realize we dropped 5 straight before this Sunday right? One of those games being at home against a putrid Bucs team with Fitz at QB?
I'll be sure to wait 6 more weeks before your next response or our next W. Whichever comes first (Or doesnt).

Really? So you give other teams the win over Denver but not us?

Worth noting, Gase knew some of the Denver players from his time there. But Joseph knew more of the Dolphins from his time here. The bigger takeaway would be not that our players beat theirs, but that our coaching staff beat Joseph's. And Joseph knew us better than we knew them.

I mean, unless you're suggesting that we have superior personnel? Seems counter to your general approach to suggest that. So maybe ... just maybe ... Gase doesn't suck quite as badly as some suggest.
I give other teams the win over Denver? What're you talking about?
Denver is coached by Gase's understudy. Therefore they are worse than Miami. Gase is a bad coach. None of this is inconsistent.

Poppinga got proved wrong. We won 35-9 lol If that's a coach losing the team then good ****!! Denver just proves the theory that horrible QB play results in an overall terrible team. Denvers D has a top 5 player (Von) and is very talented with years of success as evidence. They have the same problem as us. Their QB sucks. In today's game, you have to have a good QB. It affects both sides of the ball as seen with the Broncos. Cutler played well and somehow our D looked like a top 10 D. Coincidence? I don't think so..

I give other teams the win over Denver? What're you talking about?
Denver is coached by Gase's understudy. Therefore they are worse than Miami. Gase is a bad coach. None of this is inconsistent.
You really should list the teams whose victory you don't respect ... so we have a playbook of what the real record is and what your evaluation record is ... because I think I once heard a coach say "we are what our record says we are." Of course, he could have been wrong.

Poppinga got proved wrong. We won 35-9 lol If that's a coach losing the team then good ****!! Denver just proves the theory that horrible QB play results in an overall terrible team. Denvers D has a top 5 player (Von) and is very talented with years of success as evidence. They have the same problem as us. Their QB sucks. In today's game, you have to have a good QB. It affects both sides of the ball as seen with the Broncos. Cutler played well and somehow our D looked like a top 10 D. Coincidence? I don't think so..

Lol, you shouldn’t get your hopes up after beating a horrible Denver team lead by a horrible coach. I can understand getting excited if they beat the cheaters Monday night but that isn’t happening.

I am beginning to realize the Miami has some of the most delusional fans in the league. Our team sucks and it has for decades. Miami is a vacation spot for players. They all turn soft when they come here. I would bet $100k that Miami doesn’t make it to a SB as long as Ross owns the team.

Back
Top Bottom