Brady Poppinga: Gase might have lost the team | Page 11 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Brady Poppinga: Gase might have lost the team

I agree.

This season broke my back as a fan.

It is somehow worse for me then Cam Cameron.

The team is arguably as bad as that 1-15 season.

Maybe it was the 4 humiliating defeats on national TV.

Maybe it was the endless bad coaching decisions.

Something about Julius Thomas REALLY irks me - he is such a waste and Gase had/has so much positive to say about him.

Maybe its that scrub Chase at linebacker.

Maybe its our AWFUL offensive line with players who are paid bank but never show up!

If he lost the team it's because of what the product is on the field, game plan, adjustments, coaching, dealing with personnel etc. Our players may be dumb, lazy, unmotivated but so our our coaches. Cripes, I have been a fan for 45 years and nearly all bad but this year tops all others in being bad...can't blame it all on the players some of it is scheme.

Lol what?

Bradly Roby - 14 starts in 4 seasons...
Cody Latimore - 30 total receptions

Shane Rey - 13 starts out of 3 seasons
Ty Shambrallio - not even on the team anymore

Paxton Lynch - yep
Adam Gotis - he's been solid
Justin Simmons - most likely his best pick in the last 3 years.

Gase has 100% lost this team...

Ross should can him and Tbaum now...

It did not look like he lost the team Sunday. As a group, we need to realize winning consistently in the NFL is not easy. Having a consistently good coaching staff like the Patriots have is perhaps the most difficult aspect of winning consistently. Coach Gase has a lot to learn about being a head coach, but relating to his player is not one of them. I doubt he will ever lose his team’s to the point that they fail to give effort.

They beat Gase's own understudy who has sank Denver and has lost his own team. Not exactly a "haha told ya so" kind of argument or game. Come back when Gase can beat a winning team.

You mean teams like the Falcons and Titans? Ok we'll come back when that happens.

Bradly Roby - 14 starts in 4 seasons...
Cody Latimore - 30 total receptions

Shane Rey - 13 starts out of 3 seasons
Ty Shambrallio - not even on the team anymore

Paxton Lynch - yep
Adam Gotis - he's been solid
Justin Simmons - most likely his best pick in the last 3 years.
Roby is their Nickel corner and probably the league's best. He plays behind Talib and Harris, Jr so counting his starts is useless.
Shane Rey, again, played behind two stars in Ware and Miller. Von Miller. The defensive rookie of the year Von Miller drafted by Elway. Super Bowl MVP Von Miller. You telling me Miami has drafted a player of his caliber.
He also nabbed Derek Wolfe, Malik Jackson, Danny Trevathon, Omar Bolden and Ronnie Hillman in one draft.

Roby is their Nickel corner and probably the league's best. He plays behind Talib and Harris, Jr so counting his starts is useless.
Shane Rey, again, played behind two stars in Ware and Miller. Von Miller. The defensive rookie of the year Von Miller drafted by Elway. Super Bowl MVP Von Miller. You telling me Miami has drafted a player of his caliber.
He also nabbed Derek Wolfe, Malik Jackson, Danny Trevathon, Omar Bolden and Ronnie Hillman in one draft.

You honestly think that is a talented team...

Has nothing to do with beating a team with a losing record. They thrashed Denver and that doesn’t happen if the team has tuned the coach out. The Dolphins have numerous issues but having a coach that lost the locker room isn’t one of them.
Looking forward to the excuses after next week.

A coach who loses the locker room never gets that back. If that's the case, we're wasting our time keeping Gase.

Are we wasting our time with Gase or with the "players" in the locker room?

Most of our players have been here longer then the coach but only played well as a team last year. I believe that many of the players have begun to recognize their own limits under this coach and know that they will be replaced as soon as better players can be found and brought in. Our FA's signing's point to the positions that will be replaced first. When these players start to worry, rather than focus on playing, you get the kind of results we are now seeing. Any improvement this year will be a combination of seeing improvement from our backups and refocusing of some of our first string players as the end of careers draw near for those players that don't meet the requirements Gase wants in their positions.

The trade of AJ is a clear indication of this being the case!

Back
Top Bottom